Post something cool from the Internet -2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Oldest Intact Shipwreck Known To Mankind' Found In Depths Of Black Sea
NPR Choice page
Radiocarbon-dated to roughly 400 B.C., the trading vessel plied the waves in the days of Plato and Sophocles, when the city-states of ancient Greece had scattered colonies all around the Black Sea.

blackseaship_wide-ba336617e8054f7120da46d07a837b5d0c46e374-s800-c85.jpg

The Black Sea Maritime Archaeology Project says the intact shipwreck was discovered at a depth of more than 1 mile, where the scarcity of oxygen helped preserve the ancient vessel.

Black Sea MAP/EEF Expeditions

Reactions: Blues and Val
'Oldest Intact Shipwreck Known To Mankind' Found In Depths Of Black Sea
NPR Choice page

blackseaship_wide-ba336617e8054f7120da46d07a837b5d0c46e374-s800-c85.jpg

The Black Sea Maritime Archaeology Project says the intact shipwreck was discovered at a depth of more than 1 mile, where the scarcity of oxygen helped preserve the ancient vessel.

Black Sea MAP/EEF Expeditions
Our NTV news announced it widely, as the Black sea partly belongs to the russian territory, so our government and scientists are interested so much in various marine scientific research.:worms:

Our NTV news announced it widely, as the Black sea partly belongs to the russian territory, so our government and scientists are interested so much in various marine scientific research.:worms:
Well, I assumed it would be big news in your area.... ;) LOL

Well, I assumed it would be big news in your area.... ;) LOL
Haha, not exactly. People don't care about history and art. But what they're discussing around the clock,- is what punishment should be performed on two dudes (football players) who made an onslaught on the sleazy public official.:rofl: (Seriously, that's why i can't watch the news these days).:D

A retiree sits around the house all day,

So, one day his wife says,“Ken, you could do something useful, like vacuum the house once a week”.

The guy gives it a moment's thought and says:
“Sure, why not. Where's the vacuum?”

Half an hour later, Ken walks into the kitchen to get some coffee.

His wife says, “I didn't hear the vacuum running. I thought you were going to use it.”
Exasperated, Ken answers, “The stupid thing is broken. It won't start. We need to buy a new one.”
“Really”, she says, “Show me - It worked fine the last time I used it”.

Somebody at the Utah DMV dressed up as a Flash the sloth on Halloween in 2017 :)

802F42C2-3CD9-48F0-AD4B-FFE0C24704EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.