UK Product Thread

Still scouring the shops for (accidentally) vegan Lebkuchen. I know I can make my own, but it'd be nice to just be able to buy them like I used to... If anyone finds any, I'd love to know about it!

90% sure I got some of that stuff in my vegan tuck box last year. and I swear I've seen it in the health food shop near me but coated in chocolate. cannot remember the brands for the life of me! Not helpful, but proof it exists.

Last edited:
Reactions: AeryFairy
Still scouring the shops for (accidentally) vegan Lebkuchen. I know I can make my own, but it'd be nice to just be able to buy them like I used to... If anyone finds any, I'd love to know about it!

Lebkuchen-Herzen - Lambertz Online-Shop
found them in "Food for Thought" in Guildford, which is an indie health food shop (and reduced to £1 so I bought a bag). They must exist elsewhere in the UK!

Last edited:
There's 2 types that I saw in the shop. One that has apricot jam in the middle which has butter fat (I was disappointed and put them back), the other one appeared to be vegan - they were plain with nothing in the middle except gingerbread. You've made me doubt myself, I left the unopened packet at my boyfriend's house so will double check and nom them (if not he gets free gingerbread). I always double check food before I eat it as have excitedly bought things before haha

Went to asda yesterday to do a big shop for the first time in years, found some goodies!

-'Choices' vegan chocolate Santas (white and milk), reduced to 50p
-Tins of vegan-friendly chilli and spaghetti bolognese (for quick dinners when I need them), £1 each
-Linda McCartney products I hadn't seen before - butternut squash pies (£2), and sausage plaits (reduced to 98p)
-Linda McCartney sausages reduced to 98p a box
-Salad cream! They seem to have changed their own brand light salad cream back to the old eggless recipe :D 78p a bottle
-Vegan Worcester sauce for £1
-Cauldron falafels reduced to £1

Also got a few old favourites, like the tins of kids' vegan ravioli, and instant 'chicken' noodles.

Reactions: ledboots
Went to asda yesterday to do a big shop for the first time in years, found some goodies!

-'Choices' vegan chocolate Santas (white and milk), reduced to 50p
-Tins of vegan-friendly chilli and spaghetti bolognese (for quick dinners when I need them), £1 each
-Linda McCartney products I hadn't seen before - butternut squash pies (£2), and sausage plaits (reduced to 98p)
-Linda McCartney sausages reduced to 98p a box
-Salad cream! They seem to have changed their own brand light salad cream back to the old eggless recipe :D 78p a bottle
-Vegan Worcester sauce for £1
-Cauldron falafels reduced to £1

Also got a few old favourites, like the tins of kids' vegan ravioli, and instant 'chicken' noodles.

I'm coming over to squat as I love LM and Cauldron products. :D

Reactions: AeryFairy
Marks & Spencer are making a lot more of their sweets suitable for vegetarians (I guess veggie Percy pigs have been selling well!). I didn't check all the types, but the Veggie Colin Caterpillars fruit sours are (as far as I can tell) vegan friendly. They are also delicious :D

Reactions: SummerRain
Jen had bought some food items on a sale at Holland & Barrett recently. One of the foods we just couldn't work up the courage to try. It was fish-free smoked salmon slices from VBites:
Fish-Free Smoked Salmon Slices (100g) -

So now they were getting close to the expiration date, so I volunteered to try it. Well, it was horrible. It would be a good idea for some kind of macho initiation ritual, perhaps. Could possibly we washed down with a vodka shot or similar. Of course, if you like that sort of thing, then it's a different story .... Anyway, I had to eat a big piece of dark chocolate to remove the bad taste from my mouth.

Jen had bought some food items on a sale at Holland & Barrett recently. One of the foods we just couldn't work up the courage to try. It was fish-free smoked salmon slices from VBites:

So now they were getting close to the expiration date, so I volunteered to try it. Well, it was horrible. It would be a good idea for some kind of macho initiation ritual, perhaps. Could possibly we washed down with a vodka shot or similar. Of course, if you like that sort of thing, then it's a different story .... Anyway, I had to eat a big piece of dark chocolate to remove the bad taste from my mouth.

I'm not surprised as I can't imagine how manufacturers could come up with a fake fish product tasting delicious. Just looking at the list of ingredients says it all.

I really enjoyed the salmon slices - had them with "cream cheese" bagels.

I will never again(If I can help it) eat any vegan 'fish' subs.....I do not like the fishy taste....I wouldn't like the real thing judging by a slip up experience I had 15 years ago.

When we were in the VBites resteraunt in Brighton my boyfriend had a fake fish finger sandwich so I tried a bit, and it was alright, didn't really taste strong. I've never liked fish so wouldn't touch the salmon. Said boyfriend is salmon obsessed so I'd be interested to make him try it and say how it compares to the real thing.