UK Product Thread

I saw some new Ice cream in Holland and Barretts today, made of coconut. The brand was "Oko Bay" and it looked nice. I love coconutty things! I cannot find a price anywhere on the internet :(

Home Page - here is the website.

swedish glace - Twitter Search Here they say it IS vegan (after an uproar appears to have happened). also I didnt know that they were owned by unilever, which is a bit disappointing tbh.

Spotted by a friend (in either Sainsbury's or Morrison's, not sure which):

12321647_1021845164556582_6876861321280650767_n.jpg

I work opposite a Sainsburys so I'm in there several times a week. I could tell by the style of writing that it wasn't their shelves. Oh dear that's not good haha.

We just had some of the Swedish Glace on-sticks, now that we know they're supposedly vegan. Strawberry flavour covered with chocolate - big thumbs up!

Jen went on a shopping expedition to the Purely Vegan store in Birmingham, and she returned home with this haul:
purely_vegan_haul.jpg
Included in the picture are two kinds of Vegusto hard cheeses, two kinds of sandwich meat (seitan-based), chocolate, chocolate Oatly, cream, vegan fish, vegan eggs (the egg carton in the top right - I was expecting it to contain something that looked like eggs, but it was actually just a bag with some kind of powder mix!), vegan steaks, kombucha, and more ....

So far I've sampled one of the cheeses, which I thought was good (Jen didn't like it so much), one of the sandwich meats (meh), the kombucha (bleh) and the "fish" (OK). Little miss Summer thought the Oatly was good (finally an Oatly she'll drink!), and she also liked the sandwich meat (without sandwiches ...)

There's a vegan store in Birmingham?! I go there quite a bit, will have to hunt it down!

I found some coconut jerky in Food for Thought Guildford... it was WEIRD. I like teriyaki, I like coconut, but not sure they go together.
MightyBee Coconut Jerky

Jen went on a shopping expedition to the Purely Vegan store in Birmingham, and she returned home with this haul:
View attachment 9257
Included in the picture are two kinds of Vegusto hard cheeses, two kinds of sandwich meat (seitan-based), chocolate, chocolate Oatly, cream, vegan fish, vegan eggs (the egg carton in the top right - I was expecting it to contain something that looked like eggs, but it was actually just a bag with some kind of powder mix!), vegan steaks, kombucha, and more ....

So far I've sampled one of the cheeses, which I thought was good (Jen didn't like it so much), one of the sandwich meats (meh), the kombucha (bleh) and the "fish" (OK). Little miss Summer thought the Oatly was good (finally an Oatly she'll drink!), and she also liked the sandwich meat (without sandwiches ...)

I really like Oatly cream and find that is has a smooth texture. However, I cannot stand Vegusto cheese and I actually binned the ones that I purchased.

It's a shame that the packaging of most vegan foods is so boring. They should imitate Gardein products which are so appealing.

There's a vegan store in Birmingham?! I go there quite a bit, will have to hunt it down!
It was in one of the suburbs, she said. Inside of the ring road. I've only been to Birmingham once or twice, so have no clue about the geography. Their website doesn't seem to work, but they have an FB page.

I really like Oatly cream and find that is has a smooth texture. However, I cannot stand Vegusto cheese and I actually binned the ones that I purchased.
I don't think I've tried Oatly cream, but I'm sure it's fantastic since their oat milk is so divine. (The Oatly boxes in the picture are chocolate milk - I brought one for my lunch / snack later today.)

That's a shame about Vegusto. I think they have quite the assortment, so perhaps you were just unlucky with the ones you picked? I sampled some of their cheeses at a vegan fair several years ago, and not all of them were to my liking.

It was in one of the suburbs, she said. Inside of the ring road. I've only been to Birmingham once or twice, so have no clue about the geography. Their website doesn't seem to work, but they have an FB page.

I don't think I've tried Oatly cream, but I'm sure it's fantastic since their oat milk is so divine. (The Oatly boxes in the picture are chocolate milk - I brought one for my lunch / snack later today.)

That's a shame about Vegusto. I think they have quite the assortment, so perhaps you were just unlucky with the ones you picked? I sampled some of their cheeses at a vegan fair several years ago, and not all of them were to my liking.

Considering the price I paid, I don't want to chance it again. Anyway, I have found quite a selection of other brands ; Violife, Free From and Daiya which taste OK.

I really like the vegan Sacla free from sauces.

View attachment 9257

What are the vegan wagon wheels like?