UK Product Thread

Found the Alpro ice cream this evening too, but I didn't buy it, because there was FINALLY some chocolate Swedish Glace in Tesco! For some reason, the chocolate flavour has been nowhere to be found for a couple of years (I mean nowhere, no online ordering from supermarkets or ocado, not even local vegan shops or Holland and Barrett were stocking it), and it's my favourite vegan ice cream of all time. I'll try the alpro some other time... maybe... or maybe I'll just eat chocolate Swedish Glace foreverrrrrrr

I tried the new Sainsbury's Greek-style cheese with salad in a baguette for lunch yesterday and really liked it.:)

I bought some Nakd bars as I thought I remembered liking them and I thought the bakewell tart ones sounded lovely, but I thought they were too sweet.

The Trek bars are much nicer and I think I am going to see if they are cheaper to buy in bulk because I've been having one a day.:D

ETA - if anyone is interested it seems like Asda is quite cheap for Trek bars, cocoa coconut bars 4x40g £2.49 (62.3p each) and they have an offer for 2 (packs of 4) for £4 at the moment.

20161019_075542_zpsld9iiiyk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AeryFairy
Swedish Glace Vanilla Non Dairy Frozen Dessert 750Ml - Groceries - Tesco Groceries
The taste that has been delighting Swedish people for over 10 years.
Country of Origin: Lithuania
Unilever owns Swedish company GB Glace AB which makes ice cream in Sweden but the one Tesco sells is not available in Sweden.
They do have a "vegan" couple of items - R-Ice | Produktgrupp | GB Glace — Svensk glasstradition sedan 1942 which are rice based and a tofu based line of products Tofuline | Produktgrupp | GB Glace — Svensk glasstradition sedan 1942

Last edited:
I tried the new Sainsbury's Greek-style cheese with salad in a baguette for lunch yesterday and really liked it.:)

I bought some Nakd bars as I thought I remembered liking them and I thought the bakewell tart ones sounded lovely, but I thought they were too sweet.

The Trek bars are much nicer and I think I am going to see if they are cheaper to buy in bulk because I've been having one a day.:D

ETA - if anyone is interested it seems like Asda is quite cheap for Trek bars, cocoa coconut bars 4x40g £2.49 (62.3p each) and they have an offer for 2 (packs of 4) for £4 at the moment.

20161019_075542_zpsld9iiiyk.jpg

I don't like that Nakd bar flavour at all - very sickly. I also hate those Trek bars.....coconut, so gross. But I have the cocoa oat Trek flapjacks all the time and they're blooming delicious.

I don't like that Nakd bar flavour at all - very sickly. I also hate those Trek bars.....coconut, so gross. But I have the cocoa oat Trek flapjacks all the time and they're blooming delicious.

Yes, those are nice too, maybe it's the chocolate taste I like actually, rather than the flapjacks themselves. I'm sure I tried the peanut bar and didn't like it very much.

I ate a bakewell tart nakd bar yesterday, during Great British Bake Off (I watch it and veganise everything in my head). Good technique for when you want cake but have none :) It was rather sweet but it did the trick. The Xmas Pudding ones were lovely, I hope they bring them back. Also saw online they are meant to do carrot cake but I havent seen it anywhere.

Lucky you. I'll have one of each.:p

One of each except the Oreos which are just bites of sugar.:p

I'd really like to try the Alpro ice cream as their products taste fabulous. I've just finished a carton of Alpro cream and it's texture and taste is far better than what I usually buy. The only drawback is that the Alpro range is quite expensive.

I was reading the Ocado magazine and saw a few items I haven't tried before.

Vbites seed roast.Seed Roast 500g

Doves Farm has three new additions to its flapjack range.Gluten Free Products | Doves Farm

Goodlife has a new burger, oh, it says vegan-friendly in the magazine but it is vegetarian. Mushroom and spinach kiev.Mushroom & Spinach Kiev with a Creamy Garlic and Cheese Sauce - Goodlife Foods | Goodlife Foods
The tomato burger looks vegan. Sunblush® Tomato Grill with Black Olives - Goodlife Foods | Goodlife Foods

I tried the Wensleydale-style with cranberries free from cheese on crackers today. Yum.

I also bought some Lazy Day Millionaire's Shortbread and an orange Cocoa Libre bar of chocolate for Christmas. The Cocoa Libre bar was a bit small for the price!

I tried the Wensleydale-style with cranberries free from cheese on crackers today. Yum.

I also bought some Lazy Day Millionaire's Shortbread and an orange Cocoa Libre bar of chocolate for Christmas. The Cocoa Libre bar was a bit small for the price!

Have you tried their cheddar Molls. I'"m only asking because there is a pal that will do some shopping for me during her stay in the UK. I don't want to buys tons of the stuff if it doesn't taste good. My favourite type of cheese is cheddar and I like the Free From that you get at Tesco's.

Omg, was it good??

Yeah that chocolate is bloody expensive. But it's the only nice milk chocolate (rather than dark) that I've loved.

I don't like that millionaires shortbread - the dark chocolate tiffin is amazing though and so is the one with rice crispy bits in it.

Have you tried their cheddar Molls. I'"m only asking because there is a pal that will do some shopping for me during her stay in the UK. I don't want to buys tons of the stuff if it doesn't taste good. My favourite type of cheese is cheddar and I like the Free From that you get at Tesco's.

I haven't tried that one yet. I have some of the grated cheese in the fridge and I will probably use it on top of a vegetable and potato bake. I think vegan cheese is so hard to review as people have such different tastes.

20161223_155735_zpsyulfwhav.jpg

I wasn't that impressed by the Kinnerton mint chocolates either.:confused:

Omg, was it good??

Yeah that chocolate is bloody expensive. But it's the only nice milk chocolate (rather than dark) that I've loved.

I don't like that millionaires shortbread - the dark chocolate tiffin is amazing though and so is the one with rice crispy bits in it.

The orange chocolate was nice but I don't think it was that amazing. I haven't tried the tiffin yet, I'm not exactly sure what tiffin is to be honest.:D I will have to look out for it.

Ugh not a fan of the sainsburys cheddar style at all. Disgusting! The garlic and herb cream cheese on the other hand - heavenly. Could eat it all on one sitting easily.

The tropic skincare that I got for Christmas is absolutely amazing. Felt a difference straight away and after 3 days could see a very noticeable visible difference in my skin. My whole routine is tropic now and I most definitely want to become an ambassador..... Lol *fangirl*

Reactions: PTree15
I haven't tried that one yet. I have some of the grated cheese in the fridge and I will probably use it on top of a vegetable and potato bake. I think vegan cheese is so hard to review as people have such different tastes.

20161223_155735_zpsyulfwhav.jpg

I wasn't that impressed by the Kinnerton mint chocolates either.:confused:

The orange chocolate was nice but I don't think it was that amazing. I haven't tried the tiffin yet, I'm not exactly sure what tiffin is to be honest.:D I will have to look out for it.

Chocolate tiffin is an uncooked fridge cake. Try it as it's delicious.
Ugh not a fan of the sainsburys cheddar style at all. Disgusting! The garlic and herb cream cheese on the other hand - heavenly. Could eat it all on one sitting easily.

That's good to know. How would you compare their Cheddar to Free From Raggle ?

The tropic skincare that I got for Christmas is absolutely amazing. Felt a difference straight away and after 3 days could see a very noticeable visible difference in my skin. My whole routine is tropic now and I most definitely want to become an ambassador..... Lol *fangirl*