UK Product Thread

Ugh not a fan of the sainsburys cheddar style at all. Disgusting! The garlic and herb cream cheese on the other hand - heavenly. Could eat it all on one sitting easily.

The tropic skincare that I got for Christmas is absolutely amazing. Felt a difference straight away and after 3 days could see a very noticeable visible difference in my skin. My whole routine is tropic now and I most definitely want to become an ambassador..... Lol *fangirl*

That's good to know. How would you compare it to Tesco's Free From Cheddar, Raggle. I really like the latter.

That's good to know. How would you compare it to Tesco's Free From Cheddar, Raggle. I really like the latter.
Love the tesco cheese. I would stick with that! The sainsburys Wensleydale is nice as is the cream cheese. :)

I picked up my Sainsbury's haul and am delighted with all the stuff.
The store didn't stock their new Free From cheese but had Violife so my friend picked up a couple of packs. I have some Cauldron bangers, malt loaf, oat cakes, Sainsbury's Fairtrade ground coffee, infusions, fruit extracts, Marmite, Mint humbugs, mixed spice, smoked paprika, pomegranate molasses, Violife pizza cheese, Barlotti beans, Golden syrup, Treacle, lo salt and tons of other things.

I got another free Ocado magazine today and I saw a couple of new things like this tofu, it is made to a traditional Japanese recipe so it is supposed to taste nicer than usual tofu.The Tofoo Co. | Tofu with Taste

I also saw that Waitrose sell a gluten-free pasta made from red lentils.

A campaign called Vegcurious is trying to attract more young men to eat vegetarian meals.Eating Better :: Are you vegcurious?

I follow a lot of vegan instagrammers & have heard very bad things about that tofu! Literally people saying it's disgusting! I'll probably still try it myself though as you never know... But will wait til it's on offer or something - def not paying full price if it might be horrible.

Thought I'd finally try some of the new things sainsburys have. Seen the butternut squaffles (such a cute name), chips & the sheets a while back but thought they were a bit expensive. There was also broccoli rice too which I hadn't seen before.

The Lasagne sheets were AMAZING! Just had the tastiest Lasagne ever for dinner. Will definitely get those again.

IMG_20170205_154258_755.jpg IMG_20170205_154254_266.jpg _20170205_200723.JPG

Reactions: shyvas
I follow a lot of vegan instagrammers & have heard very bad things about that tofu! Literally people saying it's disgusting! I'll probably still try it myself though as you never know... But will wait til it's on offer or something - def not paying full price if it might be horrible.

I was just informing people.:) I actually hate Japanese food anyway.:hurl: A few years ago my friends kept going on about Itadaki Zen in London and I avoided going there.

itadakizen UK

I was just informing people.:) I actually hate Japanese food anyway.:hurl: A few years ago my friends kept going on about Itadaki Zen in London and I avoided going there.

itadakizen UK

I love Japanese food, but I didn't really rate Itadaki Zen - everything was overly salty in my opinion. Not sure if it was a one-off bad experience, but at those prices I wasn't keen to try it again.

Thought I'd finally try some of the new things sainsburys have. Seen the butternut squaffles (such a cute name), chips & the sheets a while back but thought they were a bit expensive. There was also broccoli rice too which I hadn't seen before.

The Lasagne sheets were AMAZING! Just had the tastiest Lasagne ever for dinner. Will definitely get those again.

Were the lasagne sheets gluten free? I'd be keen to try them for myself anyway, but if I can cook a vegan lasagne for my coeliac mate without resorting to traditional gluten-free pasta (which is stodgy and awful) I'll be SO happy!

Oh my gosh I want to try everything with butternut squash in it. Mmmm. I've been in a bit of a food rut recently so will check it out.

also I love Japanese food usually, though never tried that restaurant mentioned.

I don't know why I don't like Japanese food, probably because it has too many weird flavours for my liking. I tried a Japanese restaurant a few years ago in east London, but when I said I was vegan they made me a special meal of just veggies, rice and edamame. Not very interesting.:D I really like Chinese food.

My skin is so dry at the moment with the cold weather! I was using a Superdrug dry skin facial wash, but I'm switching to Faith in Nature lavender soap instead.

I bought a new vegan foundation I found on Amazon and that seems to have made my skin even more dry.:rolleyes: It's very white as well and makes me look like a ghost. :DI think I will have to go back to using the one from B. I used to like the Urban Decay make-up so I might see what vegan stuff they have. I only wear foundation, lipstick and mascara anyway so I don't know why I'm having trouble finding a decent one.

I have used Urban Decay's Ultra Definition Powder Foundation ... there are lots of views on the site ... I think all of their products are vegan ... a 'google' says so ...

I have used Urban Decay's Ultra Definition Powder Foundation ... there are lots of views on the site ... I think all of their products are vegan ... a 'google' says so ...

Not all the UD products are vegan. None are tested on animals, but you still need to check the individual products. Here's a relatively up-to-date list (Sept. last year): Alien on Toast: Urban Decay Vegan List

Also, if you're in a physical store, they have a huge book which tells you what is and isn't vegan - just ask a member of staff :)

I experimented with the foundation I bought and blended it with some moisturiser and it looks a bit better now.

I had a voucher for Lush and I was surprised that some of their products are still non-vegan. I would have thought they would be a fully vegan store by now. It seems like all the staff are vegan, well, in the stores I have been into. I just ended up buying a huge bag of bath bombs.:D

I was looking at that blog the other day, it is very helpful.:)