UK Product Thread

It does not compare to Swedish glace. Not at all.

Tried the new Swedish glace flavour actually - almond cocoa. More almondy, not chocolatey at all. Great if you like almond, not for me. Very sweet. I'll stick to the chocolate & strawberry versions :p

Omg, the new alpro go on yoghurt in strawberry flavour is amazing though! Yum.

Alpro yogurts and cream taste fabulous. It is by far the best range for desserts that I've ever tasted. I really want to try their ice creams. I hope that the local Waitrose in Brighton stock it. I'll have to call them and find out.

I've looked in M&S several times and only found a vegan sandwich once, so who knows where they are meant to be selling them.

That's a really handy list though - thanks.

Sainsburys now do a vegan lasagne which is quite nice, and a vegan mac and cheese. If you're like me and avoid cheese alternatives and rich food I'd recommend against eating a whole mac and cheese. I thought I was actually going to be sick afterwards! I'd eat it again but only half of it as a side dish rather than a stand-alone meal. just thinking about it i feel queasy again!

I have ordered the new strawberry Alpro yoghurts in my Ocado order this weekend. I didn't bother getting the new Alpro ice cream as I have some chocolate Swedish Glace in the freezer. I saw the new Alpro desserts too, I got the hazelnut chocolate one.Alpro | Alpro | Desserts | Dessert Moments | Hazelnut Chocolate

I was surprised how good the vegan, gluten-free ranges are now. I went a bit nuts buying new things to try.:D

I ordered the Mr Organic Free From Mayo to try too, I haven't tried the Probios Dairy Free Mayo yet.

I tried raspberry ripple booja booja ice cream. it was amazing, even my meatasaurus boyfriend who is a bit obsessed with haagen daz said it was really nice. they do little pots in whole foods.

It does not compare to Swedish glace. Not at all.

Tried the new Swedish glace flavour actually - almond cocoa. More almondy, not chocolatey at all. Great if you like almond, not for me. Very sweet. I'll stick to the chocolate & strawberry versions :p

I bought some Vanilla flavoured Alpro ice cream (on SO ) at Waitrose and also tried the coconut one. As I haven't had Swedish Glace in a long time, I couldn't compare them. I found the vanilla flavoured ice cream really creamy with the right sugar balance. However, it was lacking in vanilla. On the whole, it is one of the best non dairy ice creams that I have tasted.
As for the coconut ice cream, the flavour was good but it was a tad firmer. The only drawback is that coconut milk gives me indigestion so I couldn't eat very much. So, I left nearly the entire tub at my family's place.

Swedish Glace and Alpro ice creams are still on the N° 1 list of non dairy ice creams and very good value for money.

I've had the alpro chocolate hazelnut one again since & it has really grown on me! :)

How was your trip, shyvas?

I've had the alpro chocolate hazelnut one again since & it has really grown on me! :)

How was your trip, shyvas?

It's the only flavour that I didn't try as I didn't stay long enough. It will be on my wish list for my next trip.

My trip was very successful. I really liked Brighton and enjoyed the buzz and people that I met. I also had some fabulous food in 2 restaurants.
I will try and post some pix later on. I got home quite late yesterday and have just unpacked and gone to take a gift to my pal in the flat down below.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
SO MANY NEW VEGAN CHEESES IN TESCO :eek:

The mature one is pretty good (melts really well, so great for topping burgers), the jalapeno one is amaaaaazing, and I also have a block of the blue cheese with the 'mould' that I haven't opened yet.

SO MANY NEW VEGAN CHEESES IN TESCO :eek:

The mature one is pretty good (melts really well, so great for topping burgers), the jalapeno one is amaaaaazing, and I also have a block of the blue cheese with the 'mould' that I haven't opened yet.
I've been dying to try it all! Never go to tesco although there is a big one not too far away so will make a trip at some point. :D