UK Product Thread

^ The cherry tomato sauce is nice too.

Free From · Products · Sacla’

I just saw an advert for a new vegan Flora margarine.:) I really missed Flora when I went vegan so I'm definitely going to be trying that. Actually it was probably one of the things I missed the most, along with cheese.

Flora Freedom | Dairy Free Product Range | Flora UK

Ooh, interesting! I used to use Flora before going dairy-free, but I don't know if I'd switch back from Vitalite now.

Edit: I was in the middle of a food shop when I typed this, and they have it on a trial for £1, so I've bought some to test it out :p

Reactions: ledboots
I saw the advert on TV for Flora dairy free margerine... right bang in the middle was the vegan society logo. Vegan society logo on primetime TV advert!!!!

That is all.

I've just seen it but didn't see the logo such heard the ''no moo''.;)

Tesco have some new vegan Free From products in their line, including small bars of white chocolate (which are freaking DELICIOUS), and bottles of squeezy sour cream (which I haven't tried, but intend to pick up asap).

Tell me what you think.:)

It was, as far as I could tell, about the same as other kinds of Flora. It's harder than Vitalite, which made it pretty good for rubbing into flour to make pastry, but overall I prefer Vitalite.

I did try the Flora margarine and didn't like it at all. I thought it had the weird coconut taste that Vitalite has. I will have to use the rest of the tub to make biscuits or something.:D

I have tried some of the VALSOIA range after Raggle mentioned them on here and they are gorgeous! I bought them from Ocado.

Vegan product frenzy hits UK | Fat Gay Vegan

I did try the Flora margarine and didn't like it at all. I thought it had the weird coconut taste that Vitalite has. I will have to use the rest of the tub to make biscuits or something.:D

o_O how odd... I've never tasted coconut in either product... and neither one contains any coconut at all...

I've read some other people think the same as me about Vitalite. I remember how it used to taste and it was much nicer before they changed the recipe. I don't even really like Pure margarine that much either, although I think the olive one is the best.

I just looked and read this review on Ocado about Vitalite. Different tastebuds.:p

Unpleasant
I bought this in an attempt to save money as it is cheaper than my usual brand. However, it was a waste of money as it ended up in the bin. This has a very unpleasant flavour to me, quite artificial and essence of coconut.

I've recently tried a couple of the new Alpro icecreams. The vanilla one was really decent, probably my favourite at the moment, even slightly better than Swedish Glace.

Reactions: AeryFairy
I tried to order the new Sainsbury's vegan cheeses, but they were sold out.:pout: I haven't seen the Alpro ice cream yet either.

I cannot stop eating the Trek flapjacks lately, they are so nice and I kid myself that they are quite healthy.:yes:

Mr Kipling jam tarts no longer vegan! :(

Bought some online, luckily I always check ingredients of products I know are vegan just in case,
and saw the dreaded "new recipe" which of course is the addition of milk! :mad:

No, Mr Kipling!

I tried to order the new Sainsbury's vegan cheeses, but they were sold out.:pout: I haven't seen the Alpro ice cream yet either.

I cannot stop eating the Trek flapjacks lately, they are so nice and I kid myself that they are quite healthy.:yes:

I've got some of the new cheeses :D I bought one of everything except the cheddar block and the shredded cheese. Only tried the cranberry Wensleydale so far but I really liked that! So creamy :D