Nutrition & Diet REMINDER: is it vitamin pill time? :)

I always take my vitamins right after I eat. I also drink a cup of tea after each meal. I really hope I'm not messing things up. I know certain teas can mess up the absorption of iron.

I take most of my vits etc with my actual medication after breakfast and evening meals; it's just the Veg1 pill I have to take separately as you have to chew that one.....I often forget. There is b12 in my multivit but only 100%RDA.

I took my vitamins just now with my peanut butter toast. I took a general vitamin, lysine, B12 and calcium as I haven't taken them in a while.

I haven't really noticed any differences from taking lysine, although I haven't had a cold sore since I started taking them.

Reactions: thefadedone
If I ate enough beans, tofu etc I wouldn't bother with lysine, but I go on and off with those types of foods.

I go on and off beans and tofu....I go through phases of eating tofu scramble, and bakje bean curries, then sometimes it's just pasta and bread etc.

I like the Redwoods(VBites) Bean Feast...that's really nice, but loadsacalories.

I go on and off beans and tofu....I go through phases of eating tofu scramble, and bakje bean curries, then sometimes it's just pasta and bread etc.

I like the Redwoods(VBites) Bean Feast...that's really nice, but loadsacalories.

I think that we all go through phases where we eat the same kind of food day in day out. I only eat a lot of
tofu because of the protein content.
I really must make some seitan this week. Like that I'll have it on hand for making some different kinds of recipes.

I only eat beans during the autumn/winter months and make chillis and soups.

seitan probably wouldn't have much lysine in, if it is just wheat gluten...that's the problem with a lot of fake meat, and I'm not sure how good a source tofu is for lysine. Probably all right; I should look it up(again).

I assume you're joking

yes.

I do stick notes on the door, like to remind me to collect my meds, or remind me that I have made an supermarket order that is coming.
I have forgotten in the past and gone out for a walk, it only really happened once I think, and I remembered I had a Tesco delivery coming when I was over a mile from home....I made it back with ten minutes to spare. I have nearly done it a few time though.