Nutrition & Diet REMINDER: is it vitamin pill time? :)

Blobbenstein

Reaction score
I though we could have a thread where people could post that they've taken their vitamin pills, or in other ways bump the thread.

I sometimes forget, and maybe not getting enough nutrients in one's diet may be a reason that some people give up veg*nism.

Anyway, I thought I'd try the idea...
Untitled.png

Haha! I thought it would be easy to remember to take one little B12 pill every day, but I don't always remember. So I'm not taking it every day.

I use a pill box for all my vitamins. Most of them are chewables anyways so I actually look forward to taking them since they taste so good. :D

I take mulivit, zinc&C, calcium&D with my other meds in a pill box.

I have a separate pill box for the Veg1, as that is chewable. I went a whole week, recently forgetting the Veg1......I might have brain damage now.:)

I have a separate pill box for the Veg1, as that is chewable. I went a whole week, recently forgetting the Veg1......I might have brain damage now.:)

I forgot to take my B12 pills whilst I was in the UK. However I'm not a vegan so wonder whether my
brain is OK ? :(

eggs and dairy have B12 in. Anyway your body can be ok for a year without B12 I think I have read, as it is stored or circulates within the body.....I think it is only a catalyst so isn't used up in chemical reactions..

eggs and dairy have B12 in. Anyway your body can be ok for a year without B12 I think I have read, as it is stored or circulates within the body.....I think it is only a catalyst so isn't used up in chemical reactions..

I eat free range eggs but not on a daily basis and very few foods with milk. I'm sure that I don't get enough B12 so take a 500 mg about 4 to 5 times a week.

I forgot to take my B12 pills whilst I was in the UK. However I'm not a vegan so wonder whether my
brain is OK ? :(

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but you'll be fine! There are lots of myths about how much "supply" of vitamin B12 you have in you, but you'll certainly not develop a deficiency or any harmful side affects if you don't take it for a few days. :)

I know vegans who don't take vitamin B12 at all, or who rarely do. I guess it also depends how much fortified food you take, but it makes me worry that people will get ill. :(

I take mine almost all days, although I've literally just ran out and am buying veg1 as we speak. I get thrown off if I'm not at home (i.e. staying at family or friends or on holiday) because it ruins my routine. I usually eat one while I'm brewing my morning coffee :D (which is probably not a good time to take it actually, but it beats not at all).

I keep my vitamins next to the kettle so I'm reminded to take them as I usually have at least one hot drink daily.:)

Reactions: shyvas
Not sure if this is a joke or not, but you'll be fine! There are lots of myths about how much "supply" of vitamin B12 you have in you, but you'll certainly not develop a deficiency or any harmful side affects if you don't take it for a few days. :)

I know vegans who don't take vitamin B12 at all, or who rarely do. I guess it also depends how much fortified food you take, but it makes me worry that people will get ill. :(

I take mine almost all days, although I've literally just ran out and am buying veg1 as we speak. I get thrown off if I'm not at home (i.e. staying at family or friends or on holiday) because it ruins my routine. I usually eat one while I'm brewing my morning coffee :D (which is probably not a good time to take it actually, but it beats not at all).

A joke but I'm always taking the mickey out of my-self.;)

Reactions: SummerRain
Do you have to go out of your way to get them?

I think I've come across adult chewables once in my entire life.

No not really since one of my local drug stores sells their own store version of "Flinstone" vitamins. So I just take two of those. I was also buying Gummy Vites vegetarian gummy multi vitamins for awhile , but they've become harder to find.

Same here plus B12.

I just dropped my multivitamin on the floor.
If I was at home, I'd still take it. Not interested in ingesting whatever is on the work break room floor, though. Plus, there's a camera in here and I'd be too embarrassed if security saw me consuming something that was on the floor.

Oh well.