Stevia

The brand that I buy doesn't have any aftertaste. However If you were to eat the Stevia leaf or buy pure unprocessed powder it would have a liquorice taste.

I LOVE licorice. I HATE stevia. Even the one I grew myself. I'm convinced it's like cilantro in that some people can detect a taste in it that others can't.

Example, I made pumpkin pie with ground stevia from the plant I grew. My mom and sister LOVED it and swore they couldnt detect any chemically aftertaste or anything bad at all. I, however, HATED it. I could taste a horrible chemically flavour--not just an aftertaste. It was all bad.

Yes. Like coated stryrofoam, and it seems to leave a weird coating in my mouth. I hate all fake sweeteners, though, I can taste them a mile away, almost smell them.
Me, too. They all taste awful to me.

I just tried stevia in coffee for the first time and think it tastes very chemically or like bitter cough medicine. I bought the NuNaturals liquid one. How annoying, I must be one of the people who is doesn't agree with. My husband didn't like it either and said it tasted like liquorice. I might try it in a cup of strong tea and a bowl of porridge just to make sure as I don't want to waste it.:D

I can't take to it either. And supposedly the NuNatural is one of the better varieties. It's very disappointing. :(
I end up mixing it with regular sugar, which helps with the bitterness. I guess that's good since it reduces the amount of regular sugar that I consume, although I've cut back so much since being on WW, anyway.

^ It's a shame it tastes weird to some people.:(

Ooh update, actually it doesn't taste that bad in tea. I think it was the added bitterness of the coffee we have that I didn't like. Maybe I will get used to it as we are trying to cut back on sugar.

^ It's a shame it tastes weird to some people.:(

Ooh update, actually it doesn't taste that bad in tea. I think it was the added bitterness of the coffee we have that I didn't like. Maybe I will get used to it as we are trying to cut back on sugar.

I've been using NuNaturals stevia for years and love it. I don't detect any after taste and use it in hot/cold drinks as well as for baking and making desserts. I usually add 1/2 of a tablet to herbal infusion and 3 tablets for a mug of very strong coffee.

BTW where do you buy Nunatural in the UK, Molls ? Last time I was back home, none of the health stores stocked it.

BTW where do you buy Nunatural in the UK, Molls ? Last time I was back home, none of the health stores stocked it.

Amazon, where I buy almost everything.:rolleyes::D It actually tastes okay in tea so I think I will just cut back on coffee. I think I was expecting it to taste like sugar but it tastes more like an artificial sweetener and at least it's a more healthy version. I'm sure I will become accustomed to it.

Amazon, where I buy almost everything.:rolleyes::D It actually tastes okay in tea so I think I will just cut back on coffee. I think I was expecting it to taste like sugar but it tastes more like an artificial sweetener and at least it's a more healthy version. I'm sure I will become accustomed to it.

That is what I thought as I know you have an account. I actually prefer the quick dissolve tablets for coffee and use the liquid stevia for making bakes, desserts or smoothies. You actually have to add far more than the
suggested amount.