Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Dining solo tonight as E has a meeting. Roasted veggies, homemade pesto and Daiya mozzarella made for a delicious sandwich. The white wine is alcohol free as I’m watching the calories.

349F21BC-DFEA-4EC4-B266-514AA507B0A6.jpeg3DA7F628-E8F3-45F2-9ECF-311390E753E2.jpeg

Reactions: PTree15
I like barley but rarely cook with it. Now I want to try farro.

Reactions: Val
I can share some farro with you! :lol: (I have 5 big packs at home and 2 - at the country). I've just stocked up on farro on discount (on Monday, in Okey mall).:woo:
Haha cool! 😎 I’m not sure I’ve even seen it in any of my stores lol, but could be just because I’ve never looked for it.

Haha cool! 😎 I’m not sure I’ve even seen it in any of my stores lol, but could be just because I’ve never looked for it.
I only know that in Whole Foods a lot of varieties of grains are sold by weight, including farro (saw it in different vloggers' videos).😊

Reactions: KLS52
I only know that in Whole Foods a lot of varieties of grains are sold by weight, including farro (saw it in different vloggers' videos).😊
I get to WF about once month so I’ll check there. :)

Do you have a Sprout's Farmers Market and a Big Lots ? They have lots of variety of whole grains.
No, unfortunately. I bet I can find it. I just never looked for it before. We have a large selection of Bob’s Red Mills products so I could get lucky there.

No, unfortunately. I bet I can find it. I just never looked for it before. We have a large selection of Bob’s Red Mills products so I could get lucky there.

You should be able to find most grains if you have BRM's products. I have noticed that there are very few firms that do whole food grains and flour in the US.

When I'm in California, I'm very lucky to have a Whole Foods, a Sprouts Farmer's market and a Trader Joe's plus Big lots. I usually manage to buy most of my food there.

Reactions: PTree15
Sauteed tofu, white rice, and a huge zucchini I steamed slices. So many big seeds! I liked it still
Wish I had Poppys sandwich- craving portabellos! I want them stuffed though. with a mayo-mustard- nooch base and stuffing on top and baked
Bobs has farro. I see it everywhere with whole grains, my discount store, Marcs, (think it's just in Ohio) has a few brands like Roland, they do have a complete rack of all the Bobs products. I would describe farro as between brown rice and barley

I have broccoli, cauliflower and huge slices of zucchini roasting for a curry. I'm gonna put a couple Japanese sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot too, I want to avoid overcooking the veggies, my biggest downfall of making curry

Reactions: Val and KLS52
Made a curry with veggies I oven roasted last night, Japanese sweet potatoes, and tempeh. I used Trader Joes green curry sauce--which is vegan and doesn't have cilantro!- for the first time. It's a small jar for $1.99, and I added a half can full fat coconut milk. It made a 5 quart pot of curry with rice noodles! Very very good. Loved the tempeh in this. I'll start using tempeh for more things (and hope TJ's doesn't discontinue that too :dismay:)
I've got to look up Jamie Olivers curry paste recipes.

Trader Joes discontinued the extra firm tofu and it seems - not 100%- the chocolate cherry soy ice cream

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Yesterday we had Beyond burgers on pretzel rolls for lunch, and for dinner we made pizza using a store-bought sourdough crust, and topping it with sauce, spinach, cheese and Quorn brand cutlets. SO yummy. I also noticed one of the local grocery store chains now carries their own store brand cashew based cheese.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Oh my gosh, I love my air fryer! Last night we had Gardein's Crispy Chick*n patties on sandwiches for dinner, and they were so good! Really crispy! The only thing that isn't cooking as well as I had hoped are actually French fries. I may need to try a few different brands or even try making my own.

IMG_3697.jpg

(I feel like I post the same picture over and over again because we always try to eat on the porch if the weather is nice. :p)

Reactions: Val and PTree15
I am going to have a big salad for dinner and maybe pickled cucumbers. I am craving all the veggies. :D