Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Wild rice and mushroom soup, first time using wild rice!
I used dried mushrooms, one cup wild rice, one cup white beans, carrots, potatos, celery, and corn. I wish I wouldn't have used beans- just a bit tired of beans! Soy curls would have been great, but nothing was really needed. Cut up fresh spinach at end of cooking. 30 min in IP

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
It's football Sunday here in the U.S., so I'm going to make buffalo seitan nuggets and maybe roasted potato wedges.

Reactions: Val
Store-brand veggie nuggets with Armenian-style salsa;
Sauerkraut;
Pickled yuba of my favourite brand;
Pickled jalapeños;
Tons of chokeberries;
Gala apples;
Dried mango.:sheep: :pig:

Tonight I will have a late-summer meal of corn on the cob, pickled cucumbers, sliced tomatoes and macaroni salad.

The current plan for this weekend's recipe is doing a copycat version of the Trader Joe's brand Japanese fried rice. We are moving my boyfriend out of his apartment and into my condo this weekend, so it will be busy. Simple and satisfying food is DEFINITELY the way to go.

The current plan for this weekend's recipe is doing a copycat version of the Trader Joe's brand Japanese fried rice. We are moving my boyfriend out of his apartment and into my condo this weekend, so it will be busy. Simple and satisfying food is DEFINITELY the way to go.
I love their Japanese fried rice! I keep saying I want to make it like that, but then I don't.
Love to know what you do! It's the seaweed that keeps me from it- I like it in that blend, but not otherwise-although I do love the oily roasted seaweed snacks!
Hope the move goes smooth!

Reactions: Val and GingerFoxx
Yay! I've just had boiled corn on the cob (also from Belarus). I bought it Tuesday evening. It's super cheap (5 medium corncobs for only 100 roubles!!!) We eat corn on the cob so rarely that it's considered luck to find a random vendor on the street who would sell fresh corncobs. The only corn on the cob that we see in grocery stores is quite nasty vacuumed corncobs. So, i'm happy, and if tomorrow evening i go to the country, i'll take some pre-cooked corn with me.🤗🌽🌽🌽

I really gonna miss the good corn of summer!
I made tofu, tater tots, and brocolli.

We decided last night to make teriyaki mushrooms to accompany the fried rice. We will be making the sauce from scratch. Aside from that it's just a matter of sauteeing the mushrooms and garlic, adding sauce and topping with some sesame seeds and scallions.

A bunless bean burger with all the fixin's, corn on the cob, macaroni salad and sliced tomatoes. I'm stuffed!

My supper consisted of:
Raw chopped broccoli (a whole tiny head) in Armenian-style salsa;
Boiled and salted corn on the cob;
Home-made spicy "oriental" pickled cucumbers;
Oat-vanilla liquid dessert by "Nemoloko" company;
Chokeberries;
etc.
As a drink i made sage tea! I love common (culinary) sage and can drink 10 liters.:lick: It's also incredibly good for stomach, guts, blood cells, immunity, ...it eliminates toxins from the body, helps digestion, etc., etc. Common (culinary) sage is so powerful that it can seriously reduce paraneoplastic syndromes! Somedays, i used it a lot in treating my dad's cancer, and it was very helpful, as it was bringing him a major relief (no kiddin').

I eat entirely too much frozen processed food. (because I am basically lazy and don't like to cook!) But today I am cooking a new recipe that I hope will be good. It is Black Bean-Pineapple Soup/Stew/Chili. I love chili so I hope this one is a winner! One of the reasons I avoid cooking recipes is that I calculate the calories so I know how many are in each serving. It is a huge hassle!

Reactions: PTree15
That does look good!
I don't know what I want to make, I'm craving salad really bad! Haven't had anything like that since getting my tooth out, but now the sockets healed and I just got a waterpik. Saw my dentist yesterday and he said I can use it on a low setting. I think I'll get some stuff at Aldi.
Aldi has new salad dressings and I have the Asian Sesame, which happens to be vegan. I've used it in cole slaw. Could be more flavorful though, like I'll add ginger next time. It has orange (which isn't appartent) and sesame