Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

a huge pot of root veggies - rutabaga, turnip, parnip, sweet potato, regular potatoes mashed with oat milk added and half a cabbage/onion done separately to make a type of colcannon and served with a Gusto Smoked Paprika sausage - nuts/pumpkin seeds and a few dk chocolate chips for dessert

lots of leftovers

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Over the past two days I have continued to have hearty salads for dinner. Besides the greens, I have added quinoa, avocado, fava beans and chickpeas; yesterday I also added crushed walnuts, tomatoes and a few 'fork-smashed' baby potatoes. The dressing has been consistently good and very creamy - with peanut butter, dijon mustard, tahini, yeast flakes, whole blended lemons and vinegar.

I realize that with 'hearty' salads, it is very easy to keep them interesting and to remain consistent - so you can have them regularly without 'getting bored': with a few tweaks (e.g. adding or swapping ingredients in the main salad and/or in the dressing), it is almost like having an entirely new dish, with different flavours and textures. I add legumes and whole grains to make them 'hearty' (and you have so much variety in both types of ingredients), avocado and root vegetables can also help on that front.

For dessert, over the past two days, I have been having fruits (mandarins or plums), dates with peanut butter, tahini, and nuts (cashew nuts or walnuts).

All good.

I got a Pizza Hut pan crust, veggie, no cheese. Their crusts are still vegan, and so is their marinara. It's been years! They may be the only place I like no cheese.
I haven't had Pizza Hut in years!

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
A butter curry made with soya curls and sweet potatoes served with brown rice. Sadly, I didn't like it as I used a
pouch and added the necessary ingredients. However, ready made curry sauces that you can find in all of UK's supermarkets
are surprisingly delicious. This one is an Indian chef's brand and is so disappointing.

White seedless grapes.

The day before yesterday I had a green soup for dinner - plus rice with vegetables which my neighbour kindly gifted me. For dessert: dates with tahini, and a plum.

Yesterday I had a hearty salad. For dessert: dates with tahini, and a peach.

All very good

Fish filets and the elote style corn.

I have been putting a bit of pickle juice on the corn in the pan before roasting with all the other seasons and fresh diced garlic. Yum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15