Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

I've definitely had many barley soups in my life. I love the texture! I have had farro before too, but never in soup. I will have to try that. I bet it would be a good substitution in the same recipes.
That's cool that you love barley! (A lot of russians consider it a third-world meal, and don't realize the benefits. Bad for them...)
To achieve the thickness of your future farro soup, you might want to add some flaxseed flour into the pot. It turns out tasty... and a little creamy!😋

Reactions: GingerFoxx
I've definitely had many barley soups in my life. I love the texture! I have had farro before too, but never in soup. I will have to try that. I bet it would be a good substitution in the same recipes.
Oy...😂 Sorry, i meant farro! Future farro soup!

Veggie chili topped with vegan cheese with a side of tortilla chips.

Reactions: Val
just plain fries ,had huge lunch tho, vegan sausages , sweet potato mash and huge mountain of peas (btw its so annyong i have to wtire "vegan" infront of anything like sausages,burgers,anywhere i write (facebook groups etc) coz otherwise i get flamed and told off for not eating vegan food lol like cmon people ,just coz of name ,its like ppl just waiting there to get on your *** for something haha)

just plain fries ,had huge lunch tho, vegan sausages , sweet potato mash and huge mountain of peas (btw its so annyong i have to wtire "vegan" infront of anything like sausages,burgers,anywhere i write (facebook groups etc) coz otherwise i get flamed and told off for not eating vegan food lol like cmon people ,just coz of name ,its like ppl just waiting there to get on your *** for something haha)
People can be mean. That's why i avoid describing anything from my personal life (including food) on social media. Of course, VV is a happy exception)).

Looks good! Is this a chickpea cutlet?😏
No, that's a new (I think) "Crispy Chick-N Patty" from Gardein. It's very good!

I would eat much healthier (more whole foods) if I didn't't have to feed E. :pout:

Zucchini cakes with vegan tartar sauce, corn on the cob, roasted potatoes and a spinach salad with Italian dressing. I have a friend coming from Philly for a few days. She's not a veg*n, but she'll try things that I make. These cakes are very omni-friendly, so I'm hoping she will like them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and shyvas
A bizarre salad of georgian-style red beans, cherry tomatoes, raw shredded beets, raw cauliflower, apple cider vinegar, and citrus dressing;
Korean-style shredded carrots;
Home-made "oriental" pickled cuckes;
Iranian dates and Gala apples for the "night meal".
...Tomorrow, i'm hoping to make a salad with boiled barley.😋

A salad ; tomatoes from my friend's garden, red cabbage, grated carrots, roast red peppers, sliced burger, parsley, chives plus vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
A slice of granary bread with spread plus Aldi's smoked 'ham'.
Nectarines and apricots.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
An Aldi soya & wheat schnitzel with steamed round and long courgettes (from the local farm) with olive oil, yeast flakes plus a sprinkle of smoked sea salt.
A nectarine.
Water with lime juice plus stevia.

Reactions: Val
The typical:
Salad of raw shredded beets, red and yellow plum tomatoes, georgian-style red beans, raw baby corn, apple cider vinegar, citrus dressing;
Mildly pickled yuba;
Leftovers of Finnish pickled cuckes and beets;
Korean-style shedded carrots;
Iranian dates and Gala apples for the night meal.🌃🍎