Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

The vegetarian option on Saturday night was a wild mushroom ragout with roasted potatoes and green beans. It was AMAZING. My boyfriend and I have already added it to our to-do list of recipe ideas.
I love mushrooms! How;d you make it?

I had a large piece of tofu quiche with spinach, onions, mushrooms on a crescent roll crust. Next time I'll try making it in the Instant Pot without a crust

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I had a zucchini cake on a ciabatta roll with pesto, tartar sauce and pickles, a handful of tater tots, and a cucumber, tomato and onion salad with Italian dressing. I got free cucumbers from my neighbor. :)

Reactions: GingerFoxx and Val
I love mushrooms! How;d you make it?

I didn't, we went out for dinner to a fancy restaurant in celebration of my boyfriend's birthday. However we both love mushrooms and as soon as we both sampled my entree we knew we needed to know how to make it. I Googled "wild mushroom ragout" and found a few variations that looked similar. It definitely had a white wine based sauce.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Organic whole wheat penny bun ravioli with a sprinkle of smoked Cornish sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a huge drizzle of olive oil.
Soya vanilla flavoured cream dessert plus some pb lemon biscuits.
White grapes.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Pasta with pesto and fresh tomatoes and a side of sliced cucumbers.

Reactions: Val
I didn't, we went out for dinner to a fancy restaurant in celebration of my boyfriend's birthday. However we both love mushrooms and as soon as we both sampled my entree we knew we needed to know how to make it. I Googled "wild mushroom ragout" and found a few variations that looked similar. It definitely had a white wine based sauce.
And after some discussion this afternoon, my boyfriend and I will attempt to re-create this dish over the weekend. We plan to pair it with vegetables instead of anything starchy since there has been a lot of junk food consumed between our weekend in Maine and his birthday weekend. I am thinking it would pair well with squash or some green veggies of some kind.

Reactions: Val
I think I'm going to make veggie chili for dinner tonight. I'm craving beans.
I made a big pot of chili yesterday and now will make cornbread! I used new spices and it's very different, got a Chipotle from Penzeys-still don't like chipoltle...

Courgette & tofu fritters served with sour pb cream and a tossed gem lettuce salad/vinaigrette plus yeast flakes.
Plant based (homemade) yogurt and salted caramel swirl ice cream.
Fizzy blackcurrant & apple squash.

Reactions: PTree15
Beets, beets, and more beets. :D
I bought two bunches at the store. :)

Beets, beets, and more beets. :D
I bought two bunches at the store. :)
Are they priced as a 'bunch' as opposed to weight? Fresh Thyme has such irregular bunches, and they're sold by the bunch, $2.99 a bunch for organic. You can get a bunch of three small ones, or three giant ones. I hope they don't change! They used to have both the purple and the golden ones with their greens, now the golden ones are loose without the greens. What happens to their greens, they don't sell beet greens separately :iiam:

I made a tofu/chickpea flour quichey thing in the IP for the first time. I won this great tiered cooking set on a facebook page and used it for the first time. Really nice, I feel so lucky!

Attachments

• dubbas.jpg
    dubbas.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 22
These were sold as bunches at $2.99 per bunch. I just boil them whole. They are so delicious. I keep saying I need to roast them one day. I’ve never had roasted beets. They must be amazing.

These were sold as bunches at $2.99 per bunch. I just boil them whole. They are so delicious. I keep saying I need to roast them one day. I’ve never had roasted beets. They must be amazing.
I make them so often since getting an Instant pot, I remember roasting them- eh, they can get terribly messy! they're so flavorful as is. I liberally sprinkle white balsamic over them while still hot

Reactions: KLS52

I actually don't like beetroot. However, I had some roast yellow and red beetroot at a vegetarian restaurant in Brighton as well as in CA and was pleasantly surprised. It would seem that by roasting the vegetable, there isn't such an 'earthy' taste, which I really dislike. I don't know whether I would put the oven on full blast just to roast a few vegetables so will most probably never try the recipe.

@silva, I also like to drizzle some balsamic vinegar onto roast vegetables.:p

I was invited to my friend's for dinner but she had to cancel further to a medical emergency. So, I fancy a curry and will see whether I will make some later on.

A soya burger served with a tossed gem lettuce and roast red pepper salad/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Plant based yogurt and salted caramel swirl ice cream.
A peach.