Supper/Dinner Time! What's on the menu ?

Tortillas with pureed pinto beans, onions tomatoes jalepanos, Daiya Mexican style shreds, and crushed corn chips

great minds think alike - similar however I made quesadillas out of them - one w/w tortilla with some cheez shreds sprinkled on - mashed the pinto beans and added olives, green onions, lots of spices, salsa then scooped those on top of the cheez and then put more shreds on top and the second torilla - into the frying pan (no oil) and put the lid on until crisp on one side - used a plate to flip them and did the other side - delicious

chocolate cookies and nuts for dessert

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Yesterday I had lunch outside - two servings of salad, hummus, a banana and an orange. I did not feel hungry at night - so I skipped dinner. I am used to intermittent fasting, but usually I skip breakfast & lunch - this time I had lunch but I skipped dinner, which I believe it's better health-wise.

An air fried fishless battered fillet
(Plant Pioneers) made with jackfruit and oyster mushrooms served with baby new potatoes, peas, a slaw with vinaigrette/pumpkin seeds and yeast flakes.p plus Flora buttery spread.

A Sainsbury’s bramley apple pie served warm with Oatly cream.

The food is do good over here.😎👍

For lunch, I had a large hearty salad - beside the leafy greens, it had lentils, quinoa, baby potatoes and avocado. The dressing was mostly balsamic vinegar and tahini. For dessert: one peach, two bananas.

I was very full at the end - I skipped dinner (I am starting to change gears on my intermittent fasting: skipping breakfast & dinner, rather than breakfast and lunch -i.e. starting to have lunch as main meal of the day, rather than dinner as main meal of the day)

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Third day of dinner-skipping intermittent fasting. For lunch I had a large hearty salad (which included quinoa, lentils, potatoes), one and a half banana and some grapes. All good.

There's something about the pasta and leafy greens combo that really works for me, tastewise. Sometimes I think I could be a pastaprimaveratarian (if I had to limit myself to one thing to eat).
It's one of my favorite combinations. I especially like sautéd Swiss chard or bok choy with pasta -- and lots of garlic. :)

Tonight I had a frozen dinner that I'd picked up at Aldi because by the time I got home from a super busy day, it was already 8 p.m., and I wasn't in the mood to cook. It was a chickpea, brown rice and tahini sauce meal. It also had some veggies in it. I microwaved it (that was the recommended cooking method) per the instructions, but the brown rice came out super mushy. The taste was halfway decent, though. I added some raisins in it just to mix things up a bit.

I'm not a huge fan of frozen dinners, but I figured I would try this one. I'm not sure I would get it again, but I wouldn't mind making something that resembled the combination. It could have used more greens and carrots, too.

Yesterday I was invited for a lunch get-together with colleagues. The host knew I was following a plant-based lifestyle, so she kindly made sure there were healthy vegan options available, so I had a very nice beetroot soup, a very tasty salad with an orange-based dressing, and nice servings of quinoa with cooked vegetables. For dessert I had a chia-pudding and a carrot dessert ('halwa', a traditional Indian dessert).

I was very full after lunch - so I skipped dinner (4th day in a row of intermittent fasting!). All good.

I had homemade guac and tortilla chips. I had bought an avocado in RI while visiting my mom, and I brought it home (as she's not a fan of avocados). It was perfectly ripe and so delicious. I got it at this farm store that's not far from my mom's (Quonnie Farms). It was very pricey for some things (life handcrafted artsy stuff) but not for others, like the avocado. It was $1.49, which is cheaper than the grocery store.

The store was very nice and had several vegan items, including a cream cheese that I tried and actually liked. The brand was called Shire's, and it's made in New Hampshire. I'm hoping I can find it at one of the stores I frequent. It was flavored with a garden vegetable blend of spices, and it was really tasty. The texture was still too soft, but the flavor made up for it. Even my mom and sister liked it!

The store also featured a vegan ice cream (cookie dough with vanilla ice cream), and it was pretty tasty. It was cashew-based and made at the farm. And only $4 a pint, which is relatively cheap compared to other vegan ice creams (except Aldi, which is $3-something a pint). I will be back to that store.

I'm also going to see if they'll sell the crocheted market bags I make. It would be nice to make a little extra cash from my favorite hobby. They had a little crocheted hanging plant selling for $30, which I thought was outrageous for such a small item. It's definitely not hard to crochet. It was very cute, though. I asked whether it was a local crafter, and apparently it was made by someone who works at the store. I'm thinking I could get a bit more for my bags there because they are definitely catering to the summer tourists, some of whom have lots of money to spend.