Supper/Dinner Time ! What's on the menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the Beast burger by Beyond Meat. I thought that was the one that's supposed to be so meat like. It wasn't, but it definitely had a grilled taste, and pieces that were garlicky. It was okay, but I won't be getting it again. It was a pack of 2 on sale for $4.50.

I almost had couscous tonight, SB. :)
I decided on Gardein fishless filet tacos with onions, pickles, vegan tartar sauce and Daiya cheddar shreds.

A pan sautéed dish made with sliced Lincolnshire style seitan sausages, caramelised onions, broccoli, garlic, ginger and
deglazed with the cooking stock. Quinoa.

A low carb chocolate brownie.

I made a grilled Daiya cheddar cheese and added thinly sliced seitan sausage. It was delicious. I also had a small salad of mixed greens, red onions, green olives and shredded carrots topped with homemade Italian dressing.

parsnip & carrot soup (made by me) with plain toasted slices of an Italian loaf (bought by my husband)
from the freezer seitan (made by me, looks a bit odd but tastes fine) lasagna (I even made the ricotta) ...
undressed green salad & a large glass of red wine (made by some no doubt charming Italian from the Abruzzo region)
no pudding

I had a Gardein chipotle black bean burger with melted Daiya chedder, sliced onion, pickles, mustard, ketchup and relish on toasted Italian bread, homemade french fries and a beer. I am stuffed. I ate a whole potato's worth of fries, which I don't usually do -- but they were so good. :D

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I had rice, veggies, black beans and a Quorn hot and spicy burger with a tomato and spinach salad.

Courgetti in a chilli & garlic tomato sauce with mushrooms & Linda McCartney sausages.

I was thinking yesterday that I haven't had that in ages! I bought the spiralizer and used it, hmm, about once.:p

A stir fry made with sautéed sliced seitan, broccoli, courgettes, onions, garlic and ginger.

Kiwis and some sesame biscuits for dessert.

I might have pasta with pesto sauce tonight, and I might add some vegan sausage to it. Not sure yet. I also could go for burritos.

Reactions: Val
As badly as I want to try one of those egg rolls, I know I need to finish up some leftovers.... So tonight, it will be the last of the angel hair pasta concoction (to which I'll add my last two [diced] tiny tomatoes & the last of my wilted baby arugula), and my last two crescent dough cups. Sounds damn good to me... let's get to it. :cool: That's a lot of starch but I don't give a crap right now. They're both awesome. :p

And I shall freeze my sandwich thins & leftover sautéed veggies for future sammiches. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.