Tame goes vegan

Well I'm sure we've all vented in frustration to and about other members via FB/PM/IM for a start.
No, neither have I. Online or off. All I ever tell people I know in real life about what I see online is when I send them the link to a funny video or see a website they might be interested in.

People who form dislikes of other people just because they don't agree are sad. People who are so out of control of their own emotions that they end up disliking other people so much that they must vent (translation: say nasty things about them behind their backs that are not even true) are sad and bitter. People who, in spite of their problems, can't leave the targets of their hatred alone, and keep coming back for more, are sad, bitter, and disturbed.

I say this because I have not seen a single thing, either here or on VB, that should inspire so much dislike and bitterness that anyone should have to badmouth other members anywhere. If I felt for a moment that there were people here who were so intolerable to me that I found myself bitching about them anywhere I'd just leave. Life really is too short to waste any of it spending time bitching about people.

Reactions: Dedalus
I made an account there by the way.

I'm not controversial enough to be noticed though.

No, neither have I. Online or off. All I ever tell people I know in real life about what I see online is when I send them the link to a funny video or see a website they might be interested in.

People who form dislikes of other people just because they don't agree are sad. People who are so out of control of their own emotions that they end up disliking other people so much that they must vent (translation: say nasty things about them behind their backs that are not even true) are sad and bitter. People who, in spite of their problems, can't leave the targets of their hatred alone, and keep coming back for more, are sad, bitter, and disturbed.

I say this because I have not seen a single thing, either here or on VB, that should inspire so much dislike and bitterness that anyone should have to badmouth other members anywhere. If I felt for a moment that there were people here who were so intolerable to me that I found myself bitching about them anywhere I'd just leave. Life really is too short to waste any of it spending time bitching about people.

I've not had that here but on VB there WERE some intolerable posters that in the end I couldn't be bothered with and left. It was good to be able to vent about idiottwats for instance.

Hum, I didn't mean to say 'all' but I think it's disingenuous to go 'ooh look at Das' when plenty of us are doing or have have done similar (and worse).

Also I can see why Das might get frustrated, I don't even agree with him very often but I get frustrated with the arguments thrown at him (even many of the ones who are coming from somewhere closer to my viewpoint!).

GB doesn't seem to me much like anything a lot of people here are painting it to be. I've been a member for a couple of years I think but I don't remember posting because it's both close knit and quiet; hard to get to know anyone and nothing specific to talk about if you don't know them.

Eh, anyway, it's all just the Internet. I find the Tame obsession a bit weird. I'm pretty sure he was before my time at VB and I'll have been a member for FOUR YEARS next month.

Reactions: kazyeeqen
EVERYONE TAKES THE INTERNET WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

GB is not the only place where people ***** about VB/VVers. Guess everyone likes a vent sometimes maybe?

EDIT: this makes this place sound way more toxic than it actually is. I like this board, I like 99% of the people on it. Dunno why all the drama is for.

Sigh. It's not about das_nut, or anyone else "venting", as far as I'm concerned - that's not a surprise to most of us. It's about someone who takes every opportunity, however slight or imagined, to lecture people on here about how biased he perceives them to be with respect to gender issues, then complaining about that perceived bias to someone who makes an internet career of being as offensive as possible on issues of gender. Sort of as if a self proclaimed arbitor of ethnic sensitivity would complain to the grand wizard of the KKK while having their regular boys' night out that "Gee, it's impossible to have a rational discussion with those people over there because they don't understand that there's full racial parity in our society."

That, and continuing to try to deflect and obfuscate even after it was apparent that people had seen.

I've not had that here but on VB there WERE some intolerable posters that in the end I couldn't be bothered with and left. It was good to be able to vent about idiottwats for instance.

Hum, I didn't mean to say 'all' but I think it's disingenuous to go 'ooh look at Das' when plenty of us are doing or have have done similar (and worse).

Also I can see why Das might get frustrated, I don't even agree with him very often but I get frustrated with the arguments thrown at him (even many of the ones who are coming from somewhere closer to my viewpoint!).

GB doesn't seem to me much like anything a lot of people here are painting it to be. I've been a member for a couple of years I think but I don't remember posting because it's both close knit and quiet; hard to get to know anyone and nothing specific to talk about if you don't know them.

Eh, anyway, it's all just the Internet. I find the Tame obsession a bit weird. I'm pretty sure he was before my time at VB and I'll have been a member for FOUR YEARS next month.
I know I don't see everything that goes on, not even here, let alone a huge place like VB. Tame was banned by the time I joined VB, so I don't know the history between himself and some of the people who find his interest in what goes on here disturbing. Or maybe just worth remarking about. I dunno.

I'm just the kind of person who doesn't want to harbor animosity for people. If I have a problem with someone I will either bring it up to them or get past it on my own. I guess I'd just like to think that that would be reciprocated if someone had a problem with me.

Reactions: Dedalus
I know I don't see everything that goes on, not even here, let alone a huge place like VB. Tame was banned by the time I joined VB, so I don't know the history between himself and some of the people who find his interest in what goes on here disturbing. Or maybe just worth remarking about. I dunno.

I'm just the kind of person who doesn't want to harbor animosity for people. If I have a problem with someone I will either bring it up to them or get past it on my own. I guess I'd just like to think that that would be reciprocated if someone had a problem with me.

I don't think he has any special interest in VV - he used to troll pretty much all of the veg*n discussion boards, as well as a mothers' discussion board, tailoring his persona to the site (such as pretending to be a nursing mother on the mothers' site) and then reporting back on GB. It's just how he amuses himself, for whatever reason - his "pimp" persona, including shocking and/or offending people, is important to his self image, again for reasons that I don't understand unless he secretly wanted to be a standup comedian.

I say this because I have not seen a single thing, either here or on VB, that should inspire so much dislike and bitterness that anyone should have to badmouth other members anywhere.

I said earlier that I generally didn't slag off people on here and VB but the rape thread was one thread where I took exception to one person in particular. I didn't do it by PM though as I was quite vocal about my views on the forum and I would warn the people I know about him if I saw him at a meet-up.

I said earlier that I generally didn't slag off people on here and VB but the rape thread was one thread where I took exception to one person in particular. I didn't do it by PM though as I was quite vocal about my views on the forum and I would warn the people I know about him if I saw him at a meet-up.

Same thread, same reaction to the person in question as Moll. IMO, there is something fundamentally *off* about the person in question, such that I am/would be concerned for people in close contact with him. I think I've been quite open about it.

Same thread, same reaction to the person in question as Moll. IMO, there is something fundamentally *off* about the person in question, such that I am/would be concerned for people in close contact with him. I think I've been quite open about it.
I guess I missed that.

Did Azathoth pee on this thread or something?
I missed this too. :p

I looked for the Violet blue thread but didn't find it on VV. If it's over on GB- not interested. I'll just remain in the dark about it.

I couldn't find it at first, either, then realized it wasn't titled Violet Blue.

amyze5uj.jpg

What, GB is hurting for members now? They're obviously hurting for interesting content.

Sometimes being liked isn't as complimentary as people want to think, depending on who's doing the liking.