The Cat Lovers Thread

My beloved cat Willow has now been missing three weeks..presumed to have died as she was seen being clipped by a car and running away.

I am devastated . She was only ten months old and had two owners before me both of whom had abandoned her. She came to us nervous and wary and within the four months she was here became affectionate and loving, not satisfied unless she was nuzzled as close as possible to my neck at night. She had only just begun to learn what it was to feel safe and loved.

She was my first cat after a life surrounded by dogs and I found the cat owning experience a new and wonderful delight.

She had such a short life I feel so sad and but after three weeks of searching and asking I have given up hope that she is still alive. Very unhappy today. picasso pics for ebay 091.jpg

Last edited:
AnnChovie, I'm so sorry. It's somehow worse not knowing for sure. :(

Thank you both

Yes I think that is why it is hitting so hard Led boots.Other cat owners seem resigned to this situation but as I am only used to saying goodbye to my dogs I can't cope witbout the closure. I keep looking for her still expecting her to trot in. Sorry I am making a fuss but this is all new to me. I don't think I could have another cat if this is how it all ends so often?

Reactions: ledboots
So sorry, Ann Chovie. I would hate the not knowing, too. (((hug)))

Thank you both

Yes I think that is why it is hitting so hard Led boots.Other cat owners seem resigned to this situation but as I am only used to saying goodbye to my dogs I can't cope witbout the closure. I keep looking for her still expecting her to trot in. Sorry I am making a fuss but this is all new to me. I don't think I could have another cat if this is how it all ends so often?

I had a cat who ran away. We still don't know what happened to her, and it made it so much harder to grieve and move on because I was still hoping she'd come back whilst trying to accept that she was gone. Death, although tragic, is at least clear-cut. I don't know about how often things like this happen, but of the four cats I've had, only one has been a runaway. One is still going, and I got to say goodbye to the other two properly. However, after each one, I had an aversion to the idea of another cat. I definitely needed time to heal before wanting to take in another one.

Thank you both

So sorry to hear about that.:hug:I hope you find out something soon.

So sorry Ann. Have you tried calling all the local vets, rescues, shelters, pounds, etc?
Is there a local lost and found animal group that has a facebook page that you can check with?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone found her and is taking care of her, nursing her back to health.

It must be so worrying, my m-i-l's cat ran away a few weeks ago and I lost a cat that way too and it is hard to cope with as Aery said as there isn't any closure.

So sorry Ann. Have you tried calling all the local vets, rescues, shelters, pounds, etc?
Is there a local lost and found animal group that has a facebook page that you can check with?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone found her and is taking care of her, nursing her back to health.

+1.

Thank you both

:hug: I'm sorry about this. I hope she turns up again, safe and sound.

Reactions: ledboots
2ca1c2b423cfd61dce996392f302b1df_zpsce2db868.jpg

lol-cat-for-me-32_zps6a9996d4.jpg

My beloved cat Willow has now been missing three weeks..presumed to have died as she was seen being clipped by a car and running away.

I am devastated . She was only ten months old and had two owners before me both of whom had abandoned her. She came to us nervous and wary and within the four months she was here became affectionate and loving, not satisfied unless she was nuzzled as close as possible to my neck at night. She had only just begun to learn what it was to feel safe and loved.

She was my first cat after a life surrounded by dogs and I found the cat owning experience a new and wonderful delight.

She had such a short life I feel so sad and but after three weeks of searching and asking I have given up hope that she is still alive. Very unhappy today. View attachment 3489

I'm so sorry Anne. She is a gorgeous little pet.