The Cat Lovers Thread

I wonder if I can get capes, like super hero capes for cats.
I wonder how baby bids would work? :p They come with things like superman logo and stuff!
Or just get a toddler t-shirt and cut out the back so it just fit over their head and arms? With the front logo on their back? Just thinking...would be cheaper than a cat cape from a pet store! Maybe a good Etsy item?

Reactions: KLS52
Need some advice.... Minxy (Jer's youngest cat) is an insufferable bully... she constantly swats at, chases, antagonizes, and attacks the other three animals. Nothing seems to put a stop to it. We've tried wearing her out with play-time, to no avail. Shouting, time-outs, chasing her off with jingling car keys, anything we can think of has no effect. Even when she's relaxing on the floor, Mojo or LC could walk by and Minxy will take a swipe... every time.

Can anyone offer suggestions??? :confused:

chat.gif

How To Give Your Cat A Pill

• Grasp cat firmly in your arms. Cradle its head on your elbow, just as if you were giving a baby a bottle.
      Coo confidently, "That's a nice kitty". Drop the pill in its mouth.
    • Retrieve cat from top of lamp & pill from under sofa.
    • Follow the same procedure as in 1, but hold cats front paws down with left hand
      & back paws down with elbow of right arm. Poke pill into its mouth with right forefinger.
    • Retrieve cat from under bed. Get new pill from bottle (resist impulse to get new cat).
    • Again proceed as in 1 except when you have cat firmly cradled in bottle feeding position, sit on edge of chair, fold your torso over cat, bring your right hand over your left elbow, open cats mouth by lifting the upper jaw & pop pill in quickly! Since your head is down by your knees, you won't be able to see what you are doing. That's just as well.
    • Leave cat hanging on drapes. Leave pill in your hair.
    • If you're a woman, have a good cry. If you're a man, have a good cry.
    • Now pull yourself together. Who's the boss here anyway? Retrieve cat & pill. Assuming position 1, say sternly, "Who's the boss here anyway?" Open cats mouth, take pill & ..... oops!
    • This isn't working, is it? Collapse & think. Aha! Those flashing slashing claws are causing the chaos here, aren't they?
    • Crawl to the linen closet licking your wounds. Drag back a large beach towel. Spread the towel on the floor.
    • Retrieve cat from kitchen counter & pill from potted plant.
    • Spread cat on towel near one end with its head over long edge.
    • Flatten cat's front & back legs over its stomach (resist impulse to flatten cat).
    • Roll cat in towel. Work fast; time and tabbies wait for no man - or woman!
    • Resume position 1. Rotate left hand to cat's head. Press its mouth at the jaw hinges like opening the petals of a snapdragon.
    • Drop it into cats mouth & poke gently. Voila! It's done.
    • Vacuum up loose fur (the cat's). Apply bandages to wounds (yours).
    • Take two aspirin & lie down.

Author Unknown

I saw this on FB and it made me chuckle. I know my cats love me. They show it in many different ways every day. I'm pretty sure Bratt and Joon would choose food, first, however. I guess it would depend on the circumstances of the "test". If you took them and put them somewhere outside of our home environment for a few hours, then offer them the four choices, I might stand a chance. But I think it's because they would be nervous and upset under those circumstances so, sure, they might come to me before running to eat. I'm not sure I want to find out, haha.

From the "nice cats" article:
My cat doesn't spend every minute of the day with me when I'm around. More often than not, he's skulking around or chilling out on a sofa. But he's friendly with everybody and we have our moments. Honestly, I wouldn't want to spend every waking moment with the person I live with, either. And for the people who think cats are standoffish—are you immediately open and friendly with random humans you meet?
Well put! (although I was taken aback by the last line in the article: "You cat loves you. Love it back" (bold/italics emphasis mine)... now, why couldn't they have used "them" instead of "it"? I guess I just have this thing about using "it" to refer to any sentient being when their gender is unknown, and it's always bothered me even more when people refer to a very young (human!) infant as "it".

Anyhow. I've known cats value human affection just for itself for quite some time; I just thought that people tended to regard cats as aloof or overly-independent only because dogs are so much more interactive with their human "pack members". I thought that since cats aren't pack or herd animals, their social interactions with each other- and us- are more loose and fluid.

My sister's two dogs lived with me when she was staying at my house, and I must admit that they seemed quite noticeably more responsive to her and me than my cats and rabbits have been. Her second dog even knew my sister's name!!!! (Seriously). He and I were home alone one time, and for some reason I asked him, "Where's Kathy?" His ears perked up, he got up and looked out the window toward where she would have been walking toward the front door... I can only assume he was so attentive toward people around him that I guess he connected our repeated use of her name with situations when we appeared to be interacting with her. Still, it amazes me that he could figure this out without anyone actually teaching him her name, as near as I can tell.

My cats are being really naughty lately, I'm not sure if it is the summer weather? They keep fighting. I bought them a new scratching post to see if that helps.

Palmerston and Larry, the cats at Downing Street, started squaring up again today while all the press cameras were there.Tensions grow between Larry and Palmerston as UK in government limbo

I also saw Larry the other day whilst TM was giving a speech. He really seems to enjoy all the limelight of politics.;)

I got to the bottom of page 3, but my 'puter was getting more and more hung-up and slowed down on popups or ads or something. However, the ones I viewed were a riot! (although some of the cats I've known have looked and acted like this even when they weren't snorting or licking up 'nip...)