The Cat Lovers Thread

Jersey is a large, long haired cat, very muscular. His body is definitely musculed differently than other cats- like wider. and he stomps. the other cats sneak silently, Jersey goes thump, thump, thump thump... Any one else know cats like that? He even plays more like watching a Pomeranian dog, throwing things in the air and pouncing...

Reactions: KLS52
Jersey is a large, long haired cat, very muscular. His body is definitely musculed differently than other cats- like wider. and he stomps. the other cats sneak silently, Jersey goes thump, thump, thump thump... Any one else know cats like that? He even plays more like watching a Pomeranian dog, throwing things in the air and pouncing...
My Joon sounds like she might be similar. Her shape reminds me of a pug/bulldog, lol, but it could be that she's overweight. She definitely has broader shoulders. And very hard on her feet. Not stealthy at all how you would expect cats to be. She loves to play fetch.

I would like to make some (easy) toys for the stray kitties in the neighbourhood as I feel so sorry for them.

There are two small bushes with branches on them and the mites love to jump and play on them. Besides cardboard toilet rolls, I don't have any other material to make toys. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Reactions: Val
I only have homemade toys for my cats. I learned the hard way, after spending money on several popular cat toys, that they prefer string, ribbon shoelaces, etc. I sometimes will tie a (clean) qtip to the end or even a bobby pin, feather, bell...anything that seems to catch their eye. The worst part is they won’t play unless I’m interacting with them and sometimes I’m just not in the mood. :shrug:

Fifty is obsessed with strings! We have let him have a long tie thing to play with and I swear he tries to tie us up! He drags the string around our computer chairs like he is wrapping us up. It is very annoying and I took the string away! :D

Dana only likes strings when I'm tying my shoes
They LOVE those coated hair ties. Cali likes to put it in the water bowl. Jersey throws it the air.
We have several balls. They'll bat around anything.
Pull tabs from milk cartons
Momo has a bought toy that's a ping pong ball covered like a mop. She adores it, she plays like being mommy, - she's the brothers mommy

Screamer loves hair ties and he puts them in the water too! :D And Fifty would like to "help" you tie your shoes as well!

My cats love the 'mice' I make from old clothes. They prefer felt when I have it ( I was making something and had some left over, I don't wear felt clothes :p ), but will play with other materials.

I use a cd or dvd as a pattern, and trace a circle on the material and cut it out. I fold it in half and sew most of it closed. Sometimes I turn it inside out, but the cats don't care what it looks like, so sometimes I don't if I'm in a hurry. Then I stuff the inside with batting or stuffing if I have it, or pieces of the clothing material if that's all I have. I throw in some catnip if I have it too, and sew it closed. They love these, as they're light, small, and easy to toss around.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
This is Vincent. He is a stray that is clearly a brother of at least 3 other tuxedo cats we have had. He showed up in the spring of 2016. We got him fixed and then shortly after that he disappeared. Well...he's back. After 20 months. I'm pretty sure he found a portal to another dimension - because he hasn't got a scratch on him. Looks as good as the day he left. I opened the door and he walked right in like he owned the place.

IMG_4997.jpg

This is Vincent. He is a stray that is clearly a brother of at least 3 other tuxedo cats we have had. He showed up in the spring of 2016. We got him fixed and then shortly after that he disappeared. Well...he's back. After 20 months. I'm pretty sure he found a portal to another dimension - because he hasn't got a scratch on him. Looks as good as the day he left. I opened the door and he walked right in like he owned the place.

View attachment 13583
Beautiful!! :smitten:

View attachment 13583
Awesome!

View attachment 13583
Wow! That is awesome. Welcome back, Vincent. :)