The Cat Lovers Thread

Selina is stressed, so she is eating too fast and getting sick after eating. I need to fix this, I hope the next house will help. She can be an anxious cat. I think it is because she came from the street and showed up on our doorstep.

I have to feed Stella in a separate room away from Bratt and Joon. She was the runt of the litter and I think that made her very possessive of her food. She always looks over her shoulder when she eats like she's afraid they are going to steal her food, which they would do if they had the chance. By feeding her separately she gets to relax and eat in peace.

You could try spacing out Selina's feedings. Sometimes I do that with Joon because she tends to inhale her food and sometimes get sick. I give her 1/4 of her portion, wait five minutes then give her a little more. It seems to help.

Damn. My boy cat is so stressed. He got out and we let him explore the house. I brought him back into the room and he freaked out. I was holding him and he did something that he cut up my face, my arm and my shirt. He has never been this way. I have cuts on me, he took a bit of my arm out. He is in the closet hiding right now. I understand that he had a house to run around in and has only had a room lately, but it still hurts.

Well, Bruce is way needy and Selina is curious in the new home. Bruce is following us around mewing and demanding lots of attention, waking me up at night many times to do his hug arm cuddle. Sweet, but a bit annoying. I hope they get used to the home soon.

Reactions: Amy SF
Well, Bruce is way needy and Selina is curious in the new home. Bruce is following us around mewing and demanding lots of attention, waking me up at night many times to do his hug arm cuddle. Sweet, but a bit annoying. I hope they get used to the home soon.
It took Theo a few weeks to get used to his new digs. He was very curious and wouldn't even sleep with me at night for a few days. I think he was enjoying prowling around in the big basement. :D

Hmmm .... am I the only one who is not overjoyed at seeing this???

d800cc42-c9a8-4227-8199-0fc48c83f079.jpg

I know "the big outside" is dangerous for cats, but this looks like cat prison to me :(

I know "the big outside" is dangerous for cats, but this looks like cat prison to me :(

It does look like it’s a little too small for the cat to run around in. But if the cat likes it, it’s not prison.

It's not one of the more attractive ones, that's for sure. If you're going to build one why not extend it further out instead of having it so narrow and high. But I agree that if the cat likes it, at least it's another option to having the cat confined strictly indoors.

those are awesome!
none of my cats show any interest in going outdoors. I tried a harness on they acted traumatized and kept going for the door. I think a netted stroller might be nice.

My cats love the cat enclosure, I just opened the garden door and my cat already went out there to sit on one of the chairs.

Two of the cats are out there now. I might bring in the other chair for the third cat as they fight over the two chairs. :D

The cat enclosure is good for me as well as I can fit an outside clothes airer in there. I sometimes sit out there to read in nice weather. I put some garden sails up to provide some shade when it is sunny.

I would like one the size of the third one KLS posted. If I ever move to a bigger house I would like a cat enclosure big enough to fit a table and chairs in.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and KLS52
I'd still like a tiny house for me with a geodesic dome enclosure attached for my (hopefully) bunny to run around in... I could grow herbs & some veggies on the higher rungs, have a little hang-out space, as well....

Kinda like this:

il_570xN.696367635_27yt.jpg

Ooops, this is the Cat Lover's Thread, not Madam's Freaking Pipe Dreams.... sorry. LMAO :rolleyes:

Reactions: Val and KLS52