NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
At McClatchy, Peter Stone and Greg Gordon report today that Congressional and Justice Department investigators are looking at whether the Trump campaign, and in particular its digital operation that compiled detailed data for targeting voters with campaign messaging, worked with Russian operatives to help them identify precincts where Hillary Clinton could be vulnerable.

Investigators are seeking to determine whether this coordination took place, and whether it was done with the goal of helping Russian trolls and bots target voters, via social media, with false and disparaging stories about Clinton.

To put this more simply, federal investigators are looking at whether the Trump campaign helped Russia disseminate “fake news.”...

This is leading Trump’s team to escalate its offensive against the press. As the AP reports this morning, Trump aides now “view clashes with the media as central to the president’s agenda.”

This campaign is now set to include undermining individual reporters. As Philip Rucker and Ashley Parker report in The Post, Trump allies plan a campaign “to try to discredit some of the journalists who have been reporting on the matter. They say they will “research the reporters’ previous work, in some cases going back years, and to exploit any mistakes or perceived biases. They intend to demand corrections, trumpet errors on social media and feed them to conservative outlets, such as Fox News.”

The goal is obvious: To produce an army of viewers and readers who are essentially programmed to dismiss any coverage of the Russia investigation that does not immediately exonerate Trump and all members of his campaign team. In a sense, the Trump team is attempting to pull off something similar to what the Russians did during the campaign: Inundate receptive audiences with disinformation that simultaneously cements a pro-Trump narrative and wreaks havoc on the audience’s trust in real media sources....

It’s hard to say where this will all end up. Perhaps Trump may end up sinking, and all the cries of “fake news” in the world won’t help stop it. Or perhaps he will have some success in further damaging the image and credibility of the press in the minds of voters. Whatever happens, it’s going to get very, very ugly. Regardless of whether Trump succeeds in exonerating himself and his team, there’s little doubt that he will sow division and distrust in our institutions, in the process helping to accomplish something that was perhaps a larger goal of Russian interference than even getting Trump elected.

Opinion | We’re about to enter a whole new phase of ‘Fake News’ craziness

Putin could come stand on the White House desk holding a giant neon sign saying "AMERICA IS DEAD" while laughing and shouting that he manipulated the election and nothing would come from it.

Of course not! Free Speech, duh! ;)

"Graham and his allies say that the overall economy greedy corporate motherf------ benefits from the ready availability of cheaper labor."
I doubt big business will ever go for such immigration reductions because they want the cheap labor, and a lot of that labor comes from the immigrant pool.

Well, I felt compelled to post this particular quiz here.... :p

Which Trump Child Are You?

You got: Tiffany Trump

While everybody else around you is getting involved in ~drama~, you're just focusing on living your life. You prefer it that way – even if sometimes you worry that people have forgotten you exist. But don't stress – you're just doing you!

**relieved sigh** Oh, thank jebus! No one knows who the hell she is. In fact, at first I thought, "Tiffany?? Who the f*ck is Tiffany?! LMAO :rolleyes:

Reactions: FortyTwo and KLS52
I got Donald Jr., I suspect because I chose all the woodsy stuff. (I also admit to choosing swords as my weapon - when I was a kid, I wanted to be a pirate. Also, I did really admire my father.)

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
You got: Donald Trump Jr.
You’re proud of being the kind of person who gets things done: You’re a man of action who goes with his gut. You’ll go into battle with anybody who talks down your family, and you won’t bother with dumb nerd stuff like “thinking things through.” But this doesn’t mean you don’t know how to enjoy yourself! You like nothing better than winding down with a nice relaxing hunt, or sitting on a log in the woods just like regular people do.

Ew. No. Just no.

You got: Donald Trump Jr.
You’re proud of being the kind of person who gets things done: You’re a man of action who goes with his gut. You’ll go into battle with anybody who talks down your family, and you won’t bother with dumb nerd stuff like “thinking things through.” But this doesn’t mean you don’t know how to enjoy yourself! You like nothing better than winding down with a nice relaxing hunt, or sitting on a log in the woods just like regular people do.

Ew. No. Just no.
Hey, we juniors will just need to stick together.

Reactions: Amy SF
A racist AirBnB host who discriminated against an Asian guest has been fined $5,000 - and told she must attend a course on Asian-American studies.

Tami Barker cancelled Dyne Suh’s booking, telling her in a message: "One word says it all. Asian.”

Ms Barker cancelled Ms Suh’s booking shortly before the 26-year-old was due to arrive at the location in Big Bear, California, the DFEH said.

In messages sent via the AirBnB app, Ms Barker said: "I wouldn’t rent it to u if u were the last person on earth.”

Later, she added: “I will not allow this country to be told what to do by foreigners” and “It’s why we have Trump”.

Racist AirBnB host fined for refusing Asian - BBC News

A racist AirBnB host who discriminated against an Asian guest has been fined $5,000 - and told she must attend a course on Asian-American studies.

Tami Barker cancelled Dyne Suh’s booking, telling her in a message: "One word says it all. Asian.”

Ms Barker cancelled Ms Suh’s booking shortly before the 26-year-old was due to arrive at the location in Big Bear, California, the DFEH said.

In messages sent via the AirBnB app, Ms Barker said: "I wouldn’t rent it to u if u were the last person on earth.”

Later, she added: “I will not allow this country to be told what to do by foreigners” and “It’s why we have Trump”.

Racist AirBnB host fined for refusing Asian - BBC News

Wow. :fp:

I got Ivanka. I suspect because I picked the modern decor…?
LOL, same here. Those other decors were definitely not even close to my style, not that the modern one was either. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.