NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was absolutely NO legal reasoning behind it.

Well, I guess he wanted to keep his buddy Joe Arpaio out of jail ... which is kind of a legal reasoning ;)

I would not matter at all if this constellation gave the possibility to sue Arpaio's last cent away in private litigation....

tumblr_ovin9wjYBC1v439qzo1_1280.jpg

Reactions: Amy SF
President Trump was in an especially ornery mood after staff members gently suggested he refrain from injecting politics into day-to-day issues of governing after last month’s raucous rally in Arizona, and he responded by lashing out at the most senior aide in his presence.

It happened to be his new chief of staff, John F. Kelly.

Mr. Kelly, the former Marine general brought in five weeks ago as the successor to Reince Priebus, reacted calmly, but he later told other White House staff members that he had never been spoken to like that during 35 years of serving his country. In the future, he said, he would not abide such treatment, according to three people familiar with the exchange.

Forceful Chief of Staff Grates on Trump, and the Feeling Is Mutual

The article said:
It started 30 years ago when Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter described Trump as a “short-fingered vulgarian” in Spy magazine. Carter said that phrase launched Trump into an ongoing mission to prove to the journalist his hands are not short-fingered.

In an editor’s letter published in Vanity Fair in 2015, Carter wrote:

To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump. There is always a photo of him—generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers.

I almost feel sorry for the poor fellow because, to me, the fingers still look abnormally stubby. The most recent offering arrived earlier this year, before his decision to go after the Republican presidential nomination.

Like the other packages, this one included a circled hand and the words, also written in gold Sharpie: “See, not so short!” I sent the picture back by return mail with a note attached, saying, “Actually, quite short.” Which I can only assume gave him fits.

Poll: Majority opposes deporting Dreamers

A majority of voters, 58 percent, think these undocumented immigrants, also known as Dreamers, should be allowed to stay and become citizens if they meet certain requirements — a sentiment that goes well beyond the existing DACA program. Another 18 percent think they should be allowed to stay and become legal residents, but not citizens. Only 15 percent think they should be removed or deported from the country.

Support for allowing these immigrants to remain in the U.S. spans across party lines: 84 percent of Democrats, 74 percent of independents and 69 percent of Republicans think they should stay.

“Just 24 percent of Republicans, 12 percent of independents and 8 percent of Democrats say that Dreamers should be deported.”

The same holds true for Trump’s electoral base. Two-thirds of self-identified Trump voters think the Dreamers should stay; only 26 percent think they should be deported.

Trump is doing all he can to kill Obama's legacy: The programs he supported, everything he got legalized, etc. He wants to erase Obama and his legacy from history and doesn't care who he hurts in the process, because he has no empathy or compassion. In fact, he hopes to hurt Obama the most, because of his obsessive jealousy of him, his achievements, his family, and most importantly, his enduring popularity with so many people around the world.

When Obama was in power I thought he was just OK, now compared to Trump it's almost tempting to see him as a figure of almost Mandela esque stature.

Status
Not open for further replies.