NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been bothering me, making my brain itch.... Does anyone else think something about this latest NYC attack really stinks?? o_O Sh*t just doesn't add up... and the timing (distraction) is all too convenient... and Trumpty Dumpty gets to hammer at his anti-immigration agenda again....

I dunno, I think something's pretty hinky here....
This thought crossed my mind as well.

No, I think it is a legitimate ISIS attack.

And we knew beforehand that Humpty Dumpty would use any pretext to come back to his immigration ban... so he just had to wait and now he's happy and can unleash all his pre-conceived arguments, like that one that Democrats have made America unsafe by allowing immigration and so on...

Let's face it, immigration comes with both positives and negatives. You get both good people and a few bad ones. And considering how the US is using its enormous power and influence around the world for sometimes less than worthy goals, perhaps especially in the ME and wider Muslim world, it would be naive to expect this could never motivate would-be terrorists to strike on US soil.

DNpXqp6W0AAwmoC.jpg

The owner of a newsstand observes that a certain man buys several national papers every morning, looks at the front page of each, and then tosses them in the trash.

Finally, she asks him what he's looking for, and he says, "An obituary." She tells him, "The obituaries are near the back of the paper."

He says, "The ones I'm looking for will be on the front page."

I'm hoping to see several obituaries every morning when I get online.

More than 300,000 Central Americans and Haitians living in the United States under a form of temporary permission no longer need to be shielded from deportation, the U.S. Department of State told Homeland Security officials this week, a few days ahead of a highly anticipated DHS announcement about whether to renew that protection.

Many of the immigrants have homes, businesses and U.S.-born children, but if the protections expire, they could be subject to arrest and deportation. “We understand this is a very difficult decision,” the administration official said.

Advocates say removing TPS would be a cruel blow to long-standing, law-abiding immigrants, forcing them to decide between remaining in the country illegally or leaving their homes and families. According to a recent study by the left-leaning Center for American Progress, TPS recipients have nearly 275,000 U.S.-born children.

Central Americans and Haitians no longer need protected status, State Dept. says

The dirty little secret about attack ads is that they usually work. That’s why campaigns run them, even though voters constantly complain about how much they hate negativity.

Ed Gillespie, the Republican nominee for governor in Virginia, has been running some doozies this fall. He’s spent millions on often misleading ads that paint his patrician opponent, Democratic Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam, as soft on pedophiles and the Latino gang MS-13. He’s made the protection of Confederate monuments one of his signature issues. “I’m for keeping ’em up, and he’s for taking ’em down,” Gillespie says to camera. “And that’s a big difference in November!”

These spots represent a stunning about-face for a former Republican National Committee chairman who made a name for himself evangelizing about the need for the GOP to reject dog whistles and improve outreach to minorities. But Gillespie seems willing to trade his reputation for victory if that’s what is required. And his strategy is paying dividends.

Analysis | The Daily 202: Negative ads are helping Ed Gillespie win over Trump supporters in the Virginia governor’s race

No, I think it is a legitimate ISIS attack.

And we knew beforehand that Humpty Dumpty would use any pretext to come back to his immigration ban... so he just had to wait and now he's happy and can unleash all his pre-conceived arguments, like that one that Democrats have made America unsafe by allowing immigration and so on...

Agreed, although imo this isn't really ISIS so much as some lunatic who glommed onto their already-ridiculous cause. Don't give Daesh too much credit, they're just barely able to operate overseas and are only able to gain traction by attacking people who are already unstable and suffering.

So, on Friday, Rand Paul was tackled from behind by a neighbor, as a result of which he suffered five broken ribs.

Nothing has been said about a motive, which leads me to suspect that it's something that would be embarrassing to the senator.

Status
Not open for further replies.