NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fantastic response! You go, Canada!! :up: ---- (Another email from my uncle, I'm just gonna copy/paste)

Trump's new Ambassador to Canada didn't win friends when she implied that Canadians need to improve to be like Americans. Here is a response, printed in a Canadian newspaper

From the Ottawa Citizen website: Canada's doing just fine, thanks

U.S. Ambassador Kelly Craft, in her first Canadian print interview, stated, "The golden rule is we want Canadians to be as successful as Americans."

I doubt Canadians want to be "as successful as Americans." In February, Scott Gilmore, writing in MacLean's magazine, provided some statistics that show Canadians are already more successful than Americans. We live 2.5 years longer than Americans. Americans are six times more likely to be incarcerated. The World Economic Forum ranks Canadians as the sixth happiest people in the world. Americans are 13th.

Fifty-nine per cent of Canadians have college degrees versus 46 per cent in the U.S. Home ownership rates are five per cent higher in Canada than in the U.S. Canadians are twice as likely as Americans to move from the poorest quintile of the population to the wealthiest. And perhaps most telling for the citizens of the "Land of the Free," the Cato Institute's Human Freedom Index considers Canadians to be the sixth freest people in the world. Americans are way behind, in 23rd place.

So Ambassador Craft, I suggest to you revisit your Golden Rule. Instead, during your appointment as Ambassador to Canada, you should try to help your citizens be as successful as Canadians. As helpful Canadians, we would be happy to show you how.

Robert Macdonald, Ottawa

Today’s cartoon, by David Sipress:

DC112817.jpg

“Excuse me—do you have a moment to talk about the needs of really rich people?”

The bag of excrement who is sitting in the Oval Office continues to **** all over everyone every day, and his supporters still love him and a much too large portion of the population is apathetic.

I don't see how we recover from this. I know other countries have recovered from worse, but that's been with a cataclysmic event that has forced a major reckoning and change.

We've never come to terms with our big sins - the genocide of the native populations and slavery - not even with the Civil War and its aftermath. All of the racism, bigotry and fear and hatred of "otherness" that's been poisoning our society for generations and which has been emboldened by dt - all of that is a continuation of the two big original sins on which this country was built.

The bag of excrement who is sitting in the Oval Office continues to **** all over everyone every day, and his supporters still love him and a much too large portion of the population is apathetic.

I don't see how we recover from this. I know other countries have recovered from worse, but that's been with a cataclysmic event that has forced a major reckoning and change.

We've never come to terms with our big sins - the genocide of the native populations and slavery - not even with the Civil War and its aftermath. All of the racism, bigotry and fear and hatred of "otherness" that's been poisoning our society for generations and which has been emboldened by dt - all of that is a continuation of the two big original sins on which this country was built.
Wow, you said it, sister!

I just saw this: "Guy on the radio made a good point this morning. Trump is doing far more to radicalise Muslims against the west than ISIS could ever hope to achieve."

Reactions: carrotcake
I was watching The Real Housewives of New York City the other day and some of the women went to the march on Washington and they were shouting "We Want a Leader Not a Creepy Tweeter.":D

I read that the state visit for DT to the UK is still on. We have the royal wedding next year so it probably will be pushed back for a while, I hope. I know he said he didn't want to come here while he was unpopular with the British public, lol! It might be a long while...:p

I was discussing this very topic with a friend last night, and we both agreed that only a cataclysmic event will get people off their lazy, apathetic a**es. I read the comments on the NYT stories about the GOP tax bill, and so many people are simply giving up; they are just resigned to being unable to change things. It's really distressing.

Great share on the Venn diagram.

I don't agree with the implication and I think the Democrats are much better than the Republicans, but it's still got a lot of truth in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.