NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AP just called the election for Jones!
I just heard BBC news on the radio reporting it in the car on the way home!! Holy ****!! :starshower:

@Mischief :hug: YEEEE!!!! I didn't know who else to hug. LMAO

DQ5ZfHMWAAAqVgS.jpg:large
:hh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, Alabama!! THESE are the people that made the right thing happen:

DQ5ifDzWsAEroox.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reactions: Dedalus and Andy_T
I made dinner, I guess... my adrenaline level got too high to even be the slightest bit hungry. LOL! This is fantastic! When I was at Jer's, he kept the spirits way down... "Oh, you know Moore's gonna win"... that kinda ****. I kept at him with "NO! Don't say that!", although I felt the same way.... hopeless & helpless to the f*cking GOP-machine.

But on the way back home I heard that Jones won & I engaged in some risky driving (on ice) in trying to pop the battery out of my phone & back in again, then turn it on just so I could call Jer (who I knew wouldn't be asleep yet).... I had to tell him he could fall asleep smiling. :D

First Democratic senator in Alabama in a quarter of a century!! Holy f*ck, that's awesome!! :starshower:

Wow, I never even came close to caring this much about politics until, well, fairly recently.... o_O LMAO

I may go to bed a little hungry, but I'll fall asleep happy. :up:

Last edited:
Reactions: Second Summer
I read he was the first Democrat in 25 years to win a US Senate seat for Alabama!:)

Roy Moore is refusing to concede the election. He’s “waiting for God to call it”, or somesuch. In Alabama, a recount is automatically triggered when the results come within a half-percentage point. But Doug Jones got 20,000 more votes than Moore did, so a recount won’t happen. Still, Moore could make a real stink about the election results and possibly delay its certification. Stay tuned.

Also, the overwhelming number of black voters giving the victory to Doug Jones is EXACTLY why the white establishment, especially the Republicans in the past few years, have tried everything possible to keep black people from voting. I’m still having a hard time understanding why so many white women voted for Roy Moore. I just don’t know what they see in him.

Reactions: Andy_T
I can’t wait to see how SNL, Samantha Bee, and the other late-night comedians handle the election results. It’s going to be EPIC comedy.

Also, the overwhelming number of black voters giving the victory to Doug Jones is EXACTLY why the white establishment, especially the Republicans in the past few years, have tried everything possible to keep black people from voting.

Do you have to show ID when you vote over there, or is it just in certain areas?

You don't have to over here, but I vote by post anyway.

Do you have to show ID when you vote over there, or is it just in certain areas?

You don't have to over here, but I vote by post anyway.
It varies by state. The state in which I live, Missouri, last year passed an amendment to the state constitution, requiring photo ID. That's a decided attempt at voter suppression, because people w/o a driver's license tend to be urban rather than rural, and/or poor, and/or non-white, and/or young, all of which demographic groups tend to skew pretty heavily Democratic.

This thread just made my day. Been under a rock the last few weeks dealing with personal issues. So glad I decided to crawl out...

Status
Not open for further replies.