NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s wedding may see the joining of a Brit and an American in matrimony, but new reports say that the British government worries that the guest list may cause tension.

The British government is reportedly concerned that President Donald Trump will be offended if he is not invited to Harry and Meghan’s wedding and former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are.

According to The Sun, Harry and Meghan have told government aides that they’d like to invite the former first couple to their May 19 nuptials. But this desire reportedly has the U.K. government nervous that Trump will be displeased that if his predecessor snags an invite and he does not — especially before he’s even had a chance to meet Queen Elizabeth herself.

“Harry has made it clear he wants the Obamas at the wedding, so it’s causing a lot of nervousness,” a source told The Sun. “Trump could react very badly if the Obamas get to a Royal wedding before he has had a chance to meet the Queen.”

Government aides are reportedly encouraging Harry not to invite the Obamas for fear of Trump’s reaction.

Government Worries About Prince Harry Inviting Obamas to Wedding

So many people afraid of the toddler-in-chief's tantrums.

The next special election to watch:

A March special election in a conservative-leaning stretch of western Pennsylvania that Donald Trump won by 20 points is the next big test of whether a Democratic wave will sweep the party into the House majority for the first time 2010.

The congressional seat left vacant by ex-Rep. Tim Murphy, an anti-abortion Republican who allegedly encouraged a lover to terminate a pregnancy, has all the makings of the next major special election showdown. It pits Democrat Conor Lamb, a young, telegenic Marine veteran with a political pedigree, against Rick Saccone, a Trump-supporting GOP state representative and Air Force veteran with a long voting record and doubters among local Republicans.

Though the district favors Republicans, the contrast in candidates, coupled with the enthusiasm coursing through the Democratic base around the country, has some GOP operatives in Washington and Pennsylvania on edge as they look ahead to the March 13 election.

The next special election that could portend a Democratic wave

President Trump partly blamed Attorney General Jeff Sessions for the GOP loss in the recent Alabama Senate election, The Associated Press reported Tuesday.

Trump placed blame on Sessions for Republicans losing the seat because Sessions’s departure from the Senate seat to Trump’s Cabinet had caused the special election....

Trump partly blamed Sessions for Alabama Senate loss: report

"If only he hadn't accepted my nomination to be AG, we wouldn't have had this damned special election!" --djt

Really, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Reactions: FortyTwo
Happy Christmas!

Do people agree with this video's conclusion that the range of acceptable debate has shifted to the right since Trump got in? I think you'll arguably need to be living in the US to give an opinion, because it is really about alleged changes in the US media this year.

How Trump makes extreme things look normal

DSFkMsOVQAAFDfE.jpg

Reactions: Jamie in Chile
Happy Christmas!

Do people agree with this video's conclusion that the range of acceptable debate has shifted to the right since Trump got in? I think you'll arguably need to be living in the US to give an opinion, because it is really about alleged changes in the US media this year.

How Trump makes extreme things look normal

This is how America's conservatism has operated through the entire 20th century and since. My personal theory is that in the (relatively) liberated tens and twenties, the establishment was shitting itself, and then it used every subsequent disaster of the 20th century to push us further toward conservatism and realign public progressive view gradually with more and more conservative ideals.

Reactions: Jamie in Chile
Today’s cartoon, by Sharon Levy:

DC122717.gif

This reminds me of when I was reading the print edition of the Los Angeles Times every day. Every time the paper ran a front page story or photograph that some readers didn’t like, they’d write in saying they were cancelling their subscription or demanding that that the paper run some GOOD news for a change. I’d laugh scornfully at these people outraged at finding news in their newspaper. More often than not, it was a story that treated Latino undocumented immigrants like actual human beings. Those ALWAYS set people off.

During a night of heavy drinking at an upscale London bar in May 2016, George Papadopoulos, a young foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign, made a startling revelation to Australia’s top diplomat in Britain: Russia had political dirt on Hillary Clinton.

About three weeks earlier, Mr. Papadopoulos had been told that Moscow had thousands of emails that would embarrass Mrs. Clinton, apparently stolen in an effort to try to damage her campaign.

Exactly how much Mr. Papadopoulos said that night at the Kensington Wine Rooms with the Australian, Alexander Downer, is unclear. But two months later, when leaked Democratic emails began appearing online, Australian officials passed the information about Mr. Papadopoulos to their American counterparts, according to four current and former American and foreign officials with direct knowledge of the Australians’ role.

The hacking and the revelation that a member of the Trump campaign may have had inside information about it were driving factors that led the F.B.I. to open an investigation in July 2016 into Russia’s attempts to disrupt the election and whether any of President Trump’s associates conspired.

While some of Mr. Trump’s advisers have derided him an insignificant campaign volunteer or a “coffee boy,” interviews and new documents show that he stayed influential throughout the campaign. Two months before the election, for instance, he helped arrange a New York meeting between Mr. Trump and President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi of Egypt.

The information that Mr. Papadopoulos gave to the Australians answers one of the lingering mysteries of the past year: What so alarmed American officials to provoke the F.B.I. to open a counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign months before the presidential election?

It was not, as Mr. Trump and other politicians have alleged, a dossier compiled by a former British spy hired by a rival campaign. Instead, it was firsthand information from one of America’s closest intelligence allies.

Interviews and previously undisclosed documents show that Mr. Papadopoulos played a critical role in this drama and reveal a Russian operation that was more aggressive and widespread than previously known.

How the Russia Inquiry Began: A Campaign Aide, Drinks and Talk of Political Dirt

Status
Not open for further replies.