NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if this was already posted, I couldn't find it when I looked though. It is related to trump despite the title.

Reactions: Amy SF
The Trump administration has announced it will cut all US funding for the main UN programme for Palestinian refugees, a move with potentially devastating impacts for five million people who rely on its schools, healthcare, and social services.
More:
US confirms end to funding for UN Palestinian refugees (31. August 2018)

Some of these refugees live in the open-air prison also known as Gaza. Now they'll be deprived of essential services in addition to being starved to death, shot at and bombed by the Israelis.

I've loved The New Yorker for decades... however I was utterly disgusted to learn that their "headliner" for this year's New Yorker Festival is Steve f*cking Bannon! :mad:

:wtf: :argh:The New Yorker Festival Sets Steve Bannon As Headliner; Backlash Brews

Yes, I realize they like to get "many viewpoints" (also on the bill are Jim Carrey, Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Maggie Gyllenhaal, et al), but this was a terrible move!

Anyhoo, I was ready to run to the store when this popped up....

<---- Good!! :jump: More please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA:

Ooop! This just in.... :D

The New Yorker cancels Steve Bannon's festival appearance after growing backlash
US news 1 hour ago
On Monday, it was announced that Steve Bannon would "headline" The New Yorker Festival. In response to the booking of Trump's former chief strategist and the former chairman of Breitbart News, other festival speakers pulled out of their scheduled engagements. Shortly after, editor and moderator David Remnick disinvited Bannon.

The New Yorker cancels Steve Bannon's festival appearance after growing backlash

"No white nationalists after Labor Day" has been goin' around.... LOL

Last edited:
This is worth a read:

Durbin asks Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh: 'Is Trump above the law?'

It's a full transcription of Dick Durbin's opening statement.

This part seemed especially interesting:

Dick Durbin said:
I wanted to trust you the last time you testified before this committee in 2006. But, after you were confirmed at the D.C. circuit, reports surfaced that contradicted your sworn testimony before this Committee. You said to me unambiguously under oath the following: “I was not involved and am not involved in the questions about the rules governing detention of combatants.”

But later, just a week or so ago, you acknowledged in my office that you were involved. For twelve years, you could have apologized and corrected this record, but you never did. Instead, you and your supporters have argued that we should ignore the simple declarative sentence which you spoke and somehow conclude your words means something far different. You are a committed textualist, Judge Kavanaugh. If you’re going to hold others accountable for their words, you should be held accountable for your own words. So after my personal experience, I start these hearings with a question about your credibility as a witness. I know from my history with you that things you said need to be carefully verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.