NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video and subsequent discussions of it represent a state of compromise I don't think I'll ever come to embrace. Anyone who voted for the cheeto voted directly against not just my interests, but my right to live freely - and I'm one of the ones least impacted by this garbage. They voted for someone who promised to destroy every last tiny bit of good in this country, someone who is unstable enough that his very candidacy threatens the safety and health of those most vulnerable to his hateful rhetoric.
I had lunch with three coworkers, yesterday. We touched, ever so lightly on the subject of politics. We were split, two and two. I have to say I was the least tolerant of the group and that really bothered me. The conversation lasted all of three minutes but I had a really hard time not getting emotional. I want to be able to adopt the attitude that we should respect each other's differing opinions but inside I just want to scream, "WTF is wrong with you?" That makes me sad. I'm not used to feeling this way. I'm always the one who accepts others unconditionally. But this is just so hard because it feels so much worse than I like Brussels sprouts and you don't. And so many people aren't getting that.

But this is just so hard because it feels so much worse than I like Brussels sprouts and you don't. And so many people aren't getting that.

It isn't just so much worse; it's completely different.

I have had family and friends who had disabilities of various kinds. To me, acting as though it's acceptable to support someone who mocks disabled people would be a personal betrayal of those family members and friends.

The same goes for all those other groups dt and his people have mocked, insulted, disdained. It would be a personal betrayal by me to act as though supporting that is acceptable.

It's simply not acceptable. It offends basic decency.

You can use this image to white balance your camera:

white%20balance_zpsi284yraq.png

Spang, indeed, technically you are correct, as it has a white piece of paper in the middle :)

If you use one of their bloated pink faces as "white" point in Photoshop, however, you end up with a picture of a horrifying alien landscape with disgusting fiends in it.

Which, of course, also does very well in capturing the essence of the picture.

I read this on another forum, lol. Almost as off-putting to me as the verbal diarrhea, stream-of-consciousness, lies, yelling, cries of "fake news" and everything else is the WAY he talks. He sounds like a New Jersey Mafia guy with a ninth-grade education straight out of "My Cousin Vinny."

Trump press conference leaves much to be desired for 'Trump-curious' voters - Business Insider

I was just watching Dateline London and a journalist was saying that DT held the press conference in the afternoon as his base voters would probably be indoors watching TV at that time. I know it sounds fairly patronising and I don't know if that is true or not.

I heard a Trump supporter being interviewed on TV today saying that they thought the press conference was the best one they have ever seen. Okay...:p

Reactions: KLS52
I read this on another forum, lol. Almost as off-putting to me as the verbal diarrhea, stream-of-consciousness, lies, yelling, cries of "fake news" and everything else is the WAY he talks. He sounds like a New Jersey Mafia guy with a ninth-grade education straight out of "My Cousin Vinny."
One of the things that got me was when he met with Japan's Prime Minister. He said, "welcome to the very famous White House". That sounded so bizarre to me but then, I am biased.

I had lunch with three coworkers, yesterday. We touched, ever so lightly on the subject of politics. We were split, two and two. I have to say I was the least tolerant of the group and that really bothered me. The conversation lasted all of three minutes but I had a really hard time not getting emotional. I want to be able to adopt the attitude that we should respect each other's differing opinions but inside I just want to scream, "WTF is wrong with you?" That makes me sad. I'm not used to feeling this way. I'm always the one who accepts others unconditionally. But this is just so hard because it feels so much worse than I like Brussels sprouts and you don't. And so many people aren't getting that.

It isn't just so much worse; it's completely different.

I have had family and friends who had disabilities of various kinds. To me, acting as though it's acceptable to support someone who mocks disabled people would be a personal betrayal of those family members and friends.

The same goes for all those other groups dt and his people have mocked, insulted, disdained. It would be a personal betrayal by me to act as though supporting that is acceptable.

It's simply not acceptable. It offends basic decency.

I so hear you guys. I've been told by my family that I'm too opinionated and that I think I'm always right, lol (that second part I have to work on, because I can sometimes come across as presenting my opinions as if they are facts, lol). I have found myself very intolerant of "the other side." I just find some of those views so offensive, and I don't know how to respond to some of them with anything less than outrage. I want to explode when I hear the hate coming out of people's mouths.

Protecting the First Lady while she lives in a golden tower: $500 thousand a day.

Protecting Agent Orange while he vacations in Florida: $10 million a month.

Revolting against God and Trump at the same time: Priceless.

Reactions: Amy SF
Status
Not open for further replies.