NSFW THE TRUMPOCALYPSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

I liked that. The people on one of the American forums I'm on have started doing this by discussing what common ground they share, even if they voted differently. I have banned myself from reading all the other American forums I was on as they have descended into all-out battles! :fp:

Reactions: Blues
I don't doubt he will. I'm not feeling the least bit optimistic that he's going down. I'm continually frustrated and upset that he still has such a strong and steadfast fan base.

I think you are giving Republican "lawmakers" too little trust.

Let us make a thought experiment here... Let's remember one of the more strange ideas Mr. Twimp ventilated during his campaign. He said that he could take a gun, go to 5th Avenue and start randomly shooting dead people right and left, in broad daylight, in front of dozens of witnesses, and he would not be any less popular.

So, let us assume for a moment that he would follow through on this idea.

I am pretty sure that Republican senators and representatives would do us all proud by having a very long and very tough discussion of the matter, before finally, of course, deciding not to impeach Mr. Twimp. I mean, what more can we realistically ask for???

That video and subsequent discussions of it represent a state of compromise I don't think I'll ever come to embrace. Anyone who voted for the cheeto voted directly against not just my interests, but my right to live freely - and I'm one of the ones least impacted by this garbage. They voted for someone who promised to destroy every last tiny bit of good in this country, someone who is unstable enough that his very candidacy threatens the safety and health of those most vulnerable to his hateful rhetoric.

I think you are giving Republican "lawmakers" too little trust.

Let us make a thought experiment here... Let's remember one of the more strange ideas Mr. Twimp ventilated during his campaign. He said that he could take a gun, go to 5th Avenue and start randomly shooting dead people right and left, in broad daylight, in front of dozens of witnesses, and he would not be any less popular.

So, let us assume for a moment that he would follow through on this idea.

I am pretty sure that Republican senators and representatives would do us all proud by having a very long and very tough discussion of the matter, before finally, of course, deciding not to impeach Mr. Twimp. I mean, what more can we realistically ask for???

"Mrs. Conway, how can you sit here and continue to justify this?"

"Listen for just a second. The people who were gifted bullets by the President are far from dead. They're simply alternative living. They're alive in alternative universes. We're going to see if we can get Carl Sagan to talk about it. The President saw him on TV, he's really an example of someone who's doing an amazing job and is being recognized more and more."

Most amateur diagnosticians have mislabeled President Trump with the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder. I wrote the criteria that define this disorder, and Mr. Trump doesn’t meet them. He may be a world-class narcissist, but this doesn’t make him mentally ill, because he does not suffer from the distress and impairment required to diagnose mental disorder.

Mr. Trump causes severe distress rather than experiencing it and has been richly rewarded, rather than punished, for his grandiosity, self-absorption and lack of empathy. It is a stigmatizing insult to the mentally ill (who are mostly well behaved and well meaning) to be lumped with Mr. Trump (who is neither).

Bad behavior is rarely a sign of mental illness, and the mentally ill behave badly only rarely. Psychiatric name-calling is a misguided way of countering Mr. Trump’s attack on democracy. He can, and should, be appropriately denounced for his ignorance, incompetence, impulsivity and pursuit of dictatorial powers.

His psychological motivations are too obvious to be interesting, and analyzing them will not halt his headlong power grab. The antidote to a dystopic Trumpean dark age is political, not psychological.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/...trist-demurs-on-trumps-mental-state.html?_r=0

Status
Not open for further replies.