TV & Film The TV Room

we started watching The Consultant last night on Prime with Christoph Waltz - wow, what a crazy series - we saw him promote it on Kimmel as couple of weeks ago...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven
Started Happy Valley as I was getting fomo with my friends constantly raving about it.

Do not be fooled- is not happy at all. 😅 In fact, I had to switch off half way through the third episode as I was so shocked and upset by what had happened. 😭

Very, very good though and I'll continue watching.

I keep reading about The Consultant and Happy Valley the past week or so.

we started watching The Consultant last night on Prime with Christoph Waltz - wow, what a crazy series - we saw him promote it on Kimmel as couple of weeks ago...

Emma JC

finished it last night - wow, not really sure what I think about it - there was little to no joy involved and a lot of brain ____ing - I am sure there is going to be a season 2, if it is popular enough, as they set it up for it

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
I subscribed to HBO Max to get to watch that show everyone is talking about, "The Last of Us". I watched the first episode and I guess I am hooked already! It's like The Walking Dead but not like it too. I also want to watch the Game of Thrones spinoff.

I finished the first two seasons of Bletchely Circle and have started the third, the one in San Francisco. It looks like there are 4 chapters. Each chapter has two tv sized episodes. I remember seeing the first chapter - not sure if I've seen the others. but it's fine. With my memory everything old is new again.

There is a new TV show called Animal Control on Fox on Thursdays, It stars Joel McHale. I used to love Community and this show has the same brand of humor. Maybe not quite as clever. Joel plays almost the same character as he did in Community. A snarky but lovable A-hole.

The first part of the first episode was a re-telling of a story, the squirrel cop, that used to get played every Christmas on This American Life. It's the story where the cops go in to investigate a sound in the attic and cause a lot of injury and damage. The story is LOL funny and worth a listen. I put a link to it at the bottom and if you rather read it - there is a transcript attached,

Even tho the episode was sort of plagiarism, probably not that many people are familiar with squirrel cop, and those that are probably are like me and don't mind, it's fun to revisit.

Interestingly, the first I heard of this show, Animal Control, was from PETA who did not like that they used real live animals in the show.

Oh here is the bit

Squirrel cop on This American Life

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I've been really enjoying Poker Face. It's sort of like a female Columbo.

I watched that too. Yes, it's a well written and acted show. I thought each episode was better than the last. I liked episode 3 a lot where

the bbq guy goes vegan after watching Okja.

OH!! just checked the episode guide. I hadn't realized but I haven't seen the last couple of episodes. I thought episode 6 was the end.

Last edited:
325675790_548831260300519_4392547233812525822_n.jpg

Jason Bateman has read and 'liked' my comment on a (series Ozark) Netflix group. This was totally unexpected and quite nice of him
to take the time to read people's comments.

we've been watching The Recruit on Netflix - I am not sure how I feel about it - have two episodes left in the first season and apparently there is a Season 2 coming - different for sure

Emma JC

I have watched a couple episodes of "The Last of Us". I don't know if anyone here is watching it but I have to say the episode I just watched was amazing. It was the Bill and Frank story and it was so moving and beautiful, I cried. (As you all know, I cry a lot) Great writing and acting!

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I have watched a couple episodes of "The Last of Us". I don't know if anyone here is watching it but I have to say the episode I just watched was amazing. It was the Bill and Frank story and it was so moving and beautiful, I cried. (As you all know, I cry a lot) Great writing and acting!
I've only seen a few episodes. Wasn't in love with it but plan on watching the rest someday.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I've only seen a few episodes. Wasn't in love with it but plan on watching the rest someday.
I was initially attracted to it because there was so much publicity and it was "like the Walking Dead." It really isn't. LOL I do like Pedro Pascal! He is the Mandalorian too!

Reactions: Raven
I was initially attracted to it because there was so much publicity and it was "like the Walking Dead." It really isn't. LOL I do like Pedro Pascal! He is the Mandalorian too!
I noticed how high a score it got in IMDB.
Never liked TWD, so that it isn't really like it was a plus. but I am so tired of Zombies (and vampires). I don't like scary stuff but from what I saw - it didn't look too scary.
I was attracted to it cause of all the buzz. I wonder if the high score is more because of the gamers than anything else.

Started watching (on Netflix) the Law According to Lydia Poet. but fell asleep. not a ringing endorsement but I want to go back and figure out where I left off. It seems pretty good . the lead actress is very pretty so I'll give it another chance.

And I want to get back to Poker Face.

I have watched up to episode 5, but I haven't watched any more since then. I think it is good, but people are going so overboard with how much they like it that it is putting me off! I probably will watch the other episodes at some point.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
we've been watching The Recruit on Netflix - I am not sure how I feel about it - have two episodes left in the first season and apparently there is a Season 2 coming - different for sure

Emma JC

finished The Recruit last night and they left it on a major cliff hanger.... so 1980's... still not sure how I feel about it and almost wish I hadn't watched it at all....

Emma JC

Reactions: Tom L. and Lou
finished The Recruit last night and they left it on a major cliff hanger.... so 1980's... still not sure how I feel about it and almost wish I hadn't watched it at all....

Emma JC
It's on my list. but I'll keep it at the bottom.

I watched a couple of episodes of Lydia Poet and really liked it.
Today I learned that it is based on a true story.
And the actress who plays Lydia Poet is a big deal in Italy,

Emma JC
I don't have cable, or even a proper antenna (but I think I could get the antenna in my attic working... it was there when I bought the place, but there are also cable hookups, so I think the previous owner stopped using the antenna back in the '70s!!)

Cliff hangers are annoying- but they seem to be effective in keeping the audience, at least sometimes. (Remember J.R. getting shot at the end of that one season of "Dallas"? And then there was that end-of-the-season episode that ended with one of the characters waking up to hear her supposedly-dead husband taking a shower...)

My favorite show / guilty pleasure in the '60s used to be "Lost In Space", and every episode ended with a cliff hanger. What can I say? My taste is all in my mouth- or at least it was back then.:p

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC