TV & Film The TV Room

we abandoned watched Disenchantment after another episode or two and started watching Workin' Moms, a Canadian show, filmed in Toronto and there are seven seasons - *** beware *** the pilot episode starts with bare bo__bies *** I was very surprised as it plays on CBC in Canada - it is interesting

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

we abandoned watched Disenchantment after another episode or two and started watching Workin' Moms, a Canadian show, filmed in Toronto and there are seven seasons - *** beware *** the pilot episode starts with bare bo__bies *** I was very surprised as it plays on CBC in Canada - it is interesting

Emma JC
Oh the writer or director was interviewed on an NPR show. She sounded.... um... insightful.

I may watch Disenchantment someday. I used to love shows like the Simpsons and Futurama. but eventually burnt out on both.

Meanwhile I just started Lioness. and I'm liking it.
I'm watching it on a pirate Chanel that allows for comments. Every time a show comes on that has strong women leads the comments move into the misogyny/right wing sphere. Although the comments in this one aren't quiet as bad as the ones in Barbie or Ashoka.

Reactions: Emma JC
Meanwhile I just started Lioness. and I'm liking it.
You reminded me about that. We are on the first episode now.

Watched the new Only Murders in the Building beforehand.

I thought Lioness seems really good so far. We watched three episodes. I read some reviews saying it was mediocre.

I thought Lioness seems really good so far. We watched three episodes. I read some reviews saying it was mediocre.
IMDB gives is a 7.7. That's pretty good for them.

Rotten tomatoes: critics = 53%
audience = 80%

This is surprising to me. I could understand it if it was the other way around.
I thought the "message" might get in the way for the audience. Not the reviewers.

But is seems that maybe it has something for both liberals and conservatives to hate. or maybe both feminists and mysoginists. Doves and hawks?

Controversial on many fronts.

I think I did look at Rotten Tomatoes and it must have been some negative British reviews too. I'm glad I still tried it.

It reminds me a bit of 24, which I loved, but with female characters.

I think I did look at Rotten Tomatoes and it must have been some negative British reviews too. I'm glad I still tried it.

It reminds me a bit of 24, which I loved, but with female characters.
The reviews I read had lots of comparisons. 24 seems spot on. Mission Impossible not so much.

It reminds me a bit of that movie where the FBI Forensic team goes to investigate a bombing in a US military base in the Middle East. Can't remember its name.

Some of the reviews I've seen talk about implausible premise and plot holes.
I felt both of those were dealt with nicely. I have 2 more episodes left.

Reactions: Raven
The reviews I read had lots of comparisons. 24 seems spot on. Mission Impossible not so much.

It reminds me a bit of that movie where the FBI Forensic team goes to investigate a bombing in a US military base in the Middle East. Can't remember its name.

Some of the reviews I've seen talk about implausible premise and plot holes.
I felt both of those were dealt with nicely. I have 2 more episodes left.
We have 3 episodes left as we watched more tonight. I would give it a solid 9 out of 10.

we watched the first two episodes of Disenchantment last night - it is a Matt Groening (Simpsons) - it was funny and entertaining but I think there are many episodes that haven't yet made it to our Netflix...

Emma JC
I had watched all available seasons of Disentchantment last year and found them quite funny.
Good to hear the new season is out now.

finished The Recruit last night and they left it on a major cliff hanger.... so 1980's... still not sure how I feel about it and almost wish I hadn't watched it at all....

Emma JC
We watched one episode of that yesterday and we are about to carry on with it!

I got caught up with "Reservation Dogs" and "Ahsoka" so I have started watching "1923."
I caught up on Ahsoka too.
At first it freaked me out.
I forgot that it was a once a week program.
I was watching one or two episodes a night this weekend and when I got to the end of the latest episode, for a minute I thought that was the end of the season.

• Informative