TV & Film The TV Room

Re Lioness...I may watch it, even though it's not my preferred genre. Jill Wagner from Hallmark is in it. She plays Bobby. Quite a change for her and I'm curious.
her role is pretty small but might be worth checking out.
For the most part, I haven't watched tv in a few months as I am addicted to audiobooks. But countdown to Christmas starts in three weeks. I didn't even watch Christmas in July other than maybe three movies.
Can you get Hoopla where you are? Its great for Free audiobooks
I've listened to all of C.J. Archer's novels. Highly recommend them.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
watched one more episode of The Last of Us and just googled to see if there is a Season 2 and it is confirmed however won't be until 2025 or later....

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

her role is pretty small but might be worth checking out.

Can you get Hoopla where you are? Its great for Free audiobooks
I've listened to all of C.J. Archer's novels. Highly recommend them.
Yes, I have hoopla…but I usually go through a book a day, unless it’s over ten hours.

Yes, I have hoopla…but I usually go through a book a day, unless it’s over ten hours.
Wow. Well the good news is that you get 8 or so books a month. And the typical Archer novel is about 8 hours.

Start with the Clockmaker's Daughter. There are like 10 books in that series. It's got magic, romance, mystery, and history.
And if you don't like the magic, the Cleopatra Fox series is mystery, history, and romance.
what all the Archer books have in common is strong, likable, British female main characters.

Another good audiobook series available on Hoopla is the Penric novellas. They are shorter but I Love them. In fact I love everything by Bujold.

Where do you get all your audiobooks? the library? Do you listen to them on your phone? While working, house cleaning, driving, exercising?

I mostly listen to newsy stuff except I like to re-listen to a novel for a bedtime story. Right now I'm re-listening to The Clockmaker's daughter. and I just finished Archer's newest - the Untitled Manuscript.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Wow. Well the good news is that you get 8 or so books a month. And the typical Archer novel is about 8 hours.

Start with the Clockmaker's Daughter. There are like 10 books in that series. It's got magic, romance, mystery, and history.
And if you don't like the magic, the Cleopatra Fox series is mystery, history, and romance.
what all the Archer books have in common is strong, likable, British female main characters.

Another good audiobook series available on Hoopla is the Penric novellas. They are shorter but I Love them. In fact I love everything by Bujold.
Thanks I will check them out!
Where do you get all your audiobooks? the library? Do you listen to them on your phone? While working, house cleaning, driving, exercising?
All of the above lol. I do have an audible subscription. I pay 14.99/mo. I get one free credit/month. :rolleyes: But...they have a ton of free stuff. So between the audible freebies and hoopla...I use my daughter's account. Her library gives ten books/month...and my library which only gives five, I do pretty good. I'm also not adverse to re-listening to ones I really like. I have over 400 in my library so it's easy to re-listen to something I listened to say, two years ago.
I mostly listen to newsy stuff except I like to re-listen to a novel for a bedtime story. Right now I'm re-listening to The Clockmaker's daughter. and I just finished Archer's newest - the Untitled Manuscript.
Bedtime is a perfect time to do a re-listen. I've done that.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I finished the series "Reservation Dogs" today. The series has ended. It is a great show. There is both crazy humor and tragedy in this story of a group of Native American teens growing up in Oklahoma. Here is a good article about it.

I started watching a new Amazon series called "Gen V." It is about a college for super heroes. I am 2 episodes in and it is pretty good. It is rated 18+ for language, sex, and violence. After a "golden boy" student kills a professor and then commits suicide, Andre and Marie are trying to solve the "why?"

last night we watched the first two episodes of Encounters on Netflix - we know most of these stories and yet it is always interesting to see them presented again

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I started watching a new Amazon series called "Gen V." It is about a college for super heroes. I am 2 episodes in and it is pretty good. It is rated 18+ for language, sex, and violence. After a "golden boy" student kills a professor and then commits suicide, Andre and Marie are trying to solve the "why?"

We watched the first one last night. It seems to be a play on the Xavier school for the gifted except with "the boys" style of sups.

It seems really great so far!

I want the new Boys to come out too.

• Informative
I watched the first season of The Boys. But after the break I didn't go back. I guess I will put it back on my list.

• Love
Reactions: Raven
I'm reading that the Netflix film Reptile had very conflicting reviews. I might watch it to see what I think.🤔

Reptile was very confusing! Good performances by the actors, but it didn't make a lot of sense to me.

• Informative
I finally started watching the newest series of Law & Order yesterday. My husband watched the first two already, but they were crossovers with SVU and he just explained to me the gist so I didn't bother watching them. It seems okay so far and we will carry on with that later.

I finally started watching the newest series of Law & Order yesterday. My husband watched the first two already, but they were crossovers with SVU and he just explained to me the gist so I didn't bother watching them. It seems okay so far and we will carry on with that later.
I loved L&N. Saw every episode. Didn't watch that much of the spin-offs. Major Crimes was OK.
I was very excited when the new season of L&N came out but quit after about two episodes. I just couldn't stand that new detective.