TV & Film The TV Room

We were going to watch that, but I read reviews that were very bad. What did you think?
I've only watched the first episode and part of the second. I didn't like the first episode but I started to like the second.

finished watching Squid Game

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I was worried about that as I heard it was very violent? What do you think?

I do watch violent stuff, but I like to know how graphic it is. I had to stop watching a horror film today as it was too much for me.

I was worried about that as I heard it was very violent? What do you think?

I do watch violent stuff, but I like to know how graphic it is. I had to stop watching a horror film today as it was too much for me.

this was Squid Game: The Challenge which is a reality show based on the original movie so there is no violence except for emotional devastation

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: Raven
I noticed it had a higher IMDB score than any of the other new movies in my queue. So I started it. And I liked it.
only finished e1.
I aslo started Obliterated
I used to think I didn't like High School Centric tv shows and movies but I am not so sure anymore. I am also skeptical of mysteries combined with Speculative Fiction. It's just too easy for the author/writer to change the rules of that world. These guys explained the rules and kept to them. Even though a lot of them don't make much sense.

The Dresden Files are a great blueprint on how do to SF mysteries. All the rules and the special powers are laid out early and adhered too. (if you haven't read a Dresden File - you might pick one up. Harry Dresden is a wizard/detective. Maybe Rockford Files meets Sirius Black. )

Anyway I just finished it. I paced myself and only watched one episode a day. I really liked it.
One thing I liked about it was that is was a Ghost solving her own murder. Not a unique plot (see Ghost) but I think it's an unusual one. there was even one short scene where all the HS ghosts had a movie night and were watching Ghost.

The other thing was I really liked all the twists and turns. Not all the clues were red herrings but it seemed like there was a different lead suspect for each episode. the protagonists would suspect someone, then investigate and the clear them. Usually over a period of one or two episodes. There were also a few mini mysteries that needed to be solved on the way. Plus some drama, character development, etc.

My favorite HS detective is Veronica Mars. And I saw a lot of paralels with this show and that one, too.

The ending completely caught me by surprise. It was a cliff hanger and now I have to wait for the second season. They are supposed to start filming next year.

• Wow
Reactions: silva and Raven
Just saw an article that "Shelter" is cancelled but "Gen V" is renewed. Don't know if I will bother watching "Shelter" now.