The unpopular or otherwise, question thread.

Will McDonald's ever wake up and realize they can expand their customer base with a veggieburger?
I think they had one back in the 90's, called I believe, McVeggie. When my daughter would beg for McDonalds, I would get her one. I'm pretty sure it was mcd's, not burger king, but I could be wrong.

Eta, no, it must have been burger king. I just read through wikis list of former mcdonalds products. (Vom)

But this would have been cool! From wikipedia:

Hulaburger – A Ray Kroc invention, it featured a slice of pineapple instead of meat. Originally intended for Roman Catholics who are not allowed to eat meat on Fridays during Lent. It was test-marketed in 1963 alongside the Filet-O-Fish sandwich, with the highest seller being added to the menu full-time (the Filet-O-Fish, a creation of an Ohio franchiser, won).[36]

I think they had one back in the 90's, called I believe, McVeggie. When my daughter would beg for McDonalds, I would get her one. I'm pretty sure it was mcd's, not burger king, but I could be wrong.

Eta, no, it must have been burger king. I just read through wikis list of former mcdonalds products. (Vom)

But this would have been cool! From wikipedia:

Hulaburger – A Ray Kroc invention, it featured a slice of pineapple instead of meat. Originally intended for Roman Catholics who are not allowed to eat meat on Fridays during Lent. It was test-marketed in 1963 alongside the Filet-O-Fish sandwich, with the highest seller being added to the menu full-time (the Filet-O-Fish, a creation of an Ohio franchiser, won).[36]

Stupid Ohio. :pout:

Reactions: ledboots
Is it ever okay to use disabled toilets, if you're not disabled? Are you allowed? Is there a rule? For example, if there is a queue for the ladies and there's an empty disabled toilet, is it okay to use it? (I've always assumed it is, as long as you don't queue up so that if somebody who is disabled needs it they can go to it right away...

I think the understanding is you can use it if things are quiet in the bathroom. However some people who are in wheelchairs have continence problems and it is the only bathroom they can use, so it is actually good manners to be really quick in there and pretty much vacate it ASAP if a disabled person comes along so they are not there waiting.

I know they can test for gender, but do they actually bother? Especially for a job that pays minimum wage?

Better make sure you hide it well. At my last drug test for a job I had to leave my purse outside with the nurse.

I have heard rumors they watch in jail to make sure no one hides a tube in any, umm, opening. Glad they don't do that for jobs or I'd be unemployed. Not because I do drugs, but because I won't degrade myself by being watched.

^I wouldn't want to be watched either. I hope I never get watched. My private parts are private.. for the most part, anyway. x3
Why do people look down on others for doing illegal drugs when they do (legal) drugs every day? Like daily cig smokers or people who need a beer every day. How is smoking a little weed now and then worse than drinking or smoking tobacco every day, or nearly every day, or even just once in a while? What makes them think they are better? Can't alcoholism be JUST as bad, if not worse than a heroin addiction?* Depending on the case, of course.
*Yet alcohol is pushed on people?

I might have trouble providing a urine sample, if someone was watching....I'm not sure anything would come out, with that pressure.

How exactly do the toilets work in Star Trek TNG........do they do their business in a pot, and then the stuff is turned into energy, and stored somewhere..?

I think the original series just had ordinary plumbing.
3tn5fe.jpg

Reactions: Tom L. and ledboots
Did this ever happen? - a drunk police officer pulling someone over for drinking and driving :weird:

How exactly do the toilets work in Star Trek TNG........do they do their business in a pot, and then the stuff is turned into energy, and stored somewhere..?

I think the original series just had ordinary plumbing.
3tn5fe.jpg

TNG also had replicators... recycle and reuse. :p

Why do people look down on others for doing illegal drugs when they do (legal) drugs every day? Like daily cig smokers or people who need a beer every day. How is smoking a little weed now and then worse than drinking or smoking tobacco every day, or nearly every day, or even just once in a while? What makes them think they are better? Can't alcoholism be JUST as bad, if not worse than a heroin addiction?* Depending on the case, of course.
*Yet alcohol is pushed on people?

Many drug laws are rooted in racism, especially weed. From the book Let's Get Free: A Hip-Hop Theory of Justice:

Marijuana prohibition was also tied to race. One of the arguments made on the floor of the Texas senate was "All Mexicans are crazy, and this stuff [marijuana] is what makes them crazy." In Montana the legislative history of marijuana criminalization reflects the following analysis: "Give one of these Mexican beet field workers a couple puffs on a marijuana cigarette and he thinks he is the bullring at Barcelona."

if humans are so intelligent, then why are we so stupid? yes including me :p