The Weather.

Palmetto bugs! They used to freak my mom out. She lived in Florida for a few years after my dad retired.
IMG_9215.jpeg

@KLS52 - that's not by you right? I guess they don't quite resemble cockroaches, but they're too big for my comfort!

It's been such a roller coaster here--warm, rainy, cold, foggy, snow--often in the same day

@KLS52 - that's not by you right? I guess they don't quite resemble cockroaches, but they're too big for my comfort!

It's been such a roller coaster here--warm, rainy, cold, foggy, snow--often in the same day
Heck no lol, not by me.

Palmetto bugs! They used to freak my mom out. She lived in Florida for a few years after my dad retired.
View attachment 30486
I hate those giant cockroaches! LOL I used to be really freaked out by them but I have been here long enough that while I still hate them, I don't scream anymore. The cats like to go after them and thankfully I don't see too many.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I hate those giant cockroaches! LOL I used to be really freaked out by them but I have been here long enough that while I still hate them, I don't scream anymore. The cats like to go after them and thankfully I don't see too many.
I don't think I ever saw more than one or two during my many visits when my parents lived there. I'm grateful lol.

It's been nasty out all day. Raw, cold and rainy, and now the wind is picking up. There is a high wind advisory for my area, but I'm hoping they are wrong. The wind has howled a few times since about 5 p.m.

Every once in awhile my mean/spiteful side comes out. 🤔
I'm scrolling fb looking at everyone complaining about "where is spring", and all I can think is, it's where winter goes, every time we get 55-60 degree days during December-February. It's perfectly acceptable (to them) to have spring weather during winter, but when the tables are turned they don't want to hear it.

Of course, I don't say that to them so I'm not really being mean, but I'm thinking it and secretly saying, ha! Take that! Lol 😂

I hate winter more and more the older I get.

I was thinking about going to the beach today, but it is raining!🤐

• Friendly
I hate winter more and more the older I get.

I was thinking about going to the beach today, but it is raining!🤐
I don't think I will ever hate winter but I do appreciate summer more as I get older. I used to dread the summer. Hated it with a passion. Now I can at least appreciate it.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I don't really like it very hot either, but I hate the winter when it is dark and cold.

Reactions: KLS52
@KLS52 We actually got snow this morning! I got up to open the drapes in my dining room and was shocked to see an inch or so on the ground. The weather people said they expected snow in the higher elevations, but usually that doesn't mean my area.

I hope you made it through without any flooding. It did rain pretty hard yesterday/last night.

• Love
Reactions: KLS52
Every once in awhile my mean/spiteful side comes out. 🤔
I'm scrolling fb looking at everyone complaining about "where is spring", and all I can think is, it's where winter goes, every time we get 55-60 degree days during December-February. It's perfectly acceptable (to them) to have spring weather during winter, but when the tables are turned they don't want to hear it.

Of course, I don't say that to them so I'm not really being mean, but I'm thinking it and secretly saying, ha! Take that! Lol 😂
You'd like it up here in New York today. We had snow... not enough to stay around long and (so far) not as much as they were predicting- but enough to make it look nice (although not as picturesque as @Brian W 's photo this past Tuesday). The sidewalks didn't get that coating of evil slippery ice I'd like to use a flamethrower on, so I'm enjoying it too!

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
@KLS52 We actually got snow this morning! I got up to open the drapes in my dining room and was shocked to see an inch or so on the ground. The weather people said they expected snow in the higher elevations, but usually that doesn't mean my area.

I hope you made it through without any flooding. It did rain pretty hard yesterday/last night.
No flooding, thanks!

It has been very windy here the past two days, especially near the seafront. I think I might have to tie my hair up when I go out later as I could barely get a brush through it!

• Friendly
Not exactly weather but we just had an earthquake! Only 4.8 on Richter scale but it was cool.

I was on the couch with Joon on my lap. I heard a crackle/low rumble and felt the shaking. I did think earthquake? But figured it was probably a large branch hitting the house. It was so quick, maybe 5 seconds. It did startle Joon because she jumped up and just stared ahead as if to say, what the heck is that? Lol

Then everyone started texting me, EARTHQUAKE!!! 😁 I went online to confirm.

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15 and Mel
We have this to look forward to as well, not that it's a given. Hopefully they will be wrong as they often are.
“All indications are pointing toward a very active and potentially explosive Atlantic hurricane season in 2024.”
The group is forecasting 20-25 named storms, with eight to 12 of those strengthening into hurricanes, and four to six storms potentially directly impacting the U.S. An average season sees 14 named storms and seven hurricanes.
“There is a 10-15% chance of 30 or more named storms this year. Surpassing 30 would break the record set in 2020,” DaSilva said.

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and Tom L.