The Weather.

Aftershock, 4.0, at 5:59 p.m. I felt nothing this time. 😞

I copied it in English but it posted in Spanish. 🤔 The results are the same though. Very weird but good for those who can read Spanish I guess! 😊

CRAP. I dithered about going a ways north (by train or bus) to view the eclipse this Monday. I didn't see the point of going if the weather would be cloudy, and they can't reliably predict that more than 48 hours in advance. My transportation options are now apparently gone (sold out).

I don't know how badly I feel about that. I've seen 2 nearly-total solar eclipses before (years ago- and protecting my eyes); I took photos of the first one, using my (and the camera's) shadow to aim it over my shoulder at the mostly-covered sun. EPIC FAIL. The pictures just showed my face and shoulder, with a very bright sky behind me. (shrug) It seemed like a good idea at the time; I didn't do anything worse than (mostly) waste two frames of film.

I just haven't seen totality, with the moon surrounded by the sun's corona. But that phase only lasts about 4 minutes, tops. I made a similarly expensive and long trip to see Paul McCartney in concert- but that lasted more than 2 hours!

But I'm happy for the folks who committed to the trip, and took the chance that the weather might ruin it. It looks like they're in for a treat of an astronomical show! My sister and I will be watching it from our area (with eye protection); at least the 3 major TV networks will be live-streaming NASA's broadcast of the eclipse, and we'll be ducking inside to stay on top of that.

It is a beautiful day here today! Sun is shining brightly and it is around 70. I would go downtown like I did last week except there is the big annual beer festival going on and it will be packed with beer drinkers! LOL Not that I have anything against beer folks of course. I just don't like dealing with crowds. If I felt more energetic, I would go to a park somewhere outside of DeLand but I am too tired since I did work this morning.

It is cloudy and windy and very warm here today, around 80. Tomorrow there are thunderstorms in the forecast that will cool us off a bit.

I'm feeling a bit chilly again. I just put on my warm dressing gown.

Nice weather, especially for my area, 70° F through most of the afternoon.

I traveled to Indianapolis for the eclipse and the weather was great there as well. And mostly clear skies.

Spring is on its way. Finally.

Reactions: PTree15
rain and more rain! At least it's in the 60's
Still can't believe we had clear skies for the eclipse!
If I had to choose between Paul McCarthy and another eclipse I think I'd choose the eclipse! It was a completely indescribable experience

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52