Today's Vegan Menu (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTree15

Beach bum
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Ok, so I ended up having a seitan, pepper and onion grinder instead of the quiche last night, but I made the quiche tonight.

English muffin with Earth Balance and raspberry preserves
Tea with bourbon cream cookies
Veggie chili over jasmine rice topped with a little Daiya and hot sauce
Carrots and hummus
Tofu quiche made with kale, onions, green peppers and Daiya cheddar shreds. This was so delicious!
For dessert I am having vegan chocolate mousse. It is chilling as we speak.

B- Hot cereal and tea
L- Stir fry (red cabbage, carrot, leek, mushroom) with a little soyaki sauce and liquid aminos and leftover rice from the Chinese restaurant last night (I got sauteed string beans, YUM!)
D- Rice pudding made with the last of the rice

B- Hot cereal and tea (I got a bunch of new ones from Teavana's 75% off sale)
S- A scoop of raw meal powder and water, and an organic Pink Lady apple
L- Cavatappi pasta with chickpeas, olive hummus, butternut squash, broccoli and spices
D- More cavatappi pasta with sauteed eggplant, spinach, onion, olive hummus and sunflower seeds

Reactions: PTree15
Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks, fresh pineapple and grapes, organic chocolate protein bar
Tofu quiche; salad of spinach, broccoli, black olives, tomatoes, red onion, banana peppers with olive oil and red wine vinegar
Not sure about dinner yet. I could have chili and cornbread, or maybe a pasta dish, or maybe soup and salad.

Yesterday:
B- Hot cereal and tea
L- Tortilla filled with mushrooms, red onion, green bell pepper, artichoke hearts and spinach sauteed in salsa and olive hummus
D- Steamed vegetables with Thai peanut sauce and steamed brown rice

Roasted almonds, cookies, tea
Tofu quiche
Panko-encrusted seitan cutlets with mustard sauce, roasted Brussels sprouts, baked potato with EB.
Vegan chocolate mousse

Banana-chocolate-almond butter smoothie
Almonds
Stuffed pepper with a filling of brown rice, fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, garlic, carrots and onions; sode salad of spinach, banana peppers, black olives, chickpeas, broccoli with oil and balsamic vinegar
Panko-encrusted seitan cutlets with caramelized onions and a brown sauce, roasted Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes.
Might have some popcorn drizzled with melted chocolate for a snack.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
B- Hot cereal and tea
S- Tortilla chips and an apple
L- Pasta with chickpeas, broccoli, carrots, rutabaga, nutritional yeast and spices
D- undecided

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- An apple and a scoop of raw meal powder w/ water
L- Steamed brown rice, chickpeas, roasted delicata squash, sauteed mushrooms, leek, veggie sausage crumbles and nutritional yeast
D- A banana raspberry smoothie

Almonds, orange, tea
Mongolian food of some sort -- we are eating out at work for lunch today. Probably will have rice and lots of veggies
Apple, banana
Tofu quiche

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- An apple and a scoop of raw meal powder w/ water
L- Steamed brown rice, leek and veggie sausage crumbles, chickpeas, roasted delicata squash and nutritional yeast
D- A chickpea flour omelet with peas, spinach and leek, and a slice of toast

^^^ I think I am going to try making a chickpea flour omelet for dinner tonight. I think I will make it with shredded carrots, onions and kale.

The rest of today's menu:
Almonds, vanilla soy latte
Tofu quiche, salad of spinach, broccoli, carrots, banana peppers, walnuts and dried cranberries topped with olive oil and red wine vinegar
Tea, orange
I might have apple cake. I have some in the freezer. :D

Reactions: GingerFoxx
B - Peanut butter on toast.
L - "Chicken", lettuce and sweet chili sauce sandwich.:lick:
D - Penne with veggie mince.

I also had some fresh fruit and now I want some wine.:)

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I used a variation of GingerFoxx's recipe :D. The one you cited, KLS, also looks tasty. It was delicious, by the way!

Today's menu:
Oranges (my grandfather sends me Florida oranges every Christmas...they are so juicy and delicous!), almonds
Jerusalem artichoke soup (taken from the freezer), salad of spinach, broccoli, banana peppers, carrots, cucumbers and green peppers topped with oil and red wine vinegar
Chickpea omelet with kale, onions, carrots and some leftover seitan. (I'm going to throw some hot sauce in it for a little kick. I'm obsessed with hot sauce right now. :D )

Orange, pear, almonds
Roasted potatoes, salad of spinach, kidney beans, carrots, tomatoes, banana peppers and green peppers topped with olive oil and red wine vinegar
Hummus and celery
Dinner is up in the air. I'm thinking either a black bean burger, pizza, or eggplant balls with spaghetti. Decisions, decisions!

Yesterday:
B- Hot cereal and tea
S- Apple and a raw meal shake
L- Roasted cauliflower and chickpeas with barbecue sauce and nutritional yeast
D- Salad topped with veggies, hummus and a handful of pasta

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- An apple and a Garden of Life shake
L- Homemade soup (sweet potato, chickpeas, carrot, celery, onion, veggie broth, soymilk and chipotle/jerk seasonings) with toast
D- Pasta with hummus, salsa and sauteed veggies (onion, bell pepper, mushroom) on a bed of romaine with some raw carrot

Dinner is up in the air. I'm thinking either a black bean burger, pizza, or eggplant balls with spaghetti. Decisions, decisions!

I just bought an eggplant. I keep saying I need to make the eggplant balls again every time you mention them. I am going to go on record now as saying that is my intent for the eggplant in my veggie bin. Hold me to it, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.