Today's Vegan Menu (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:p
Welcome, spottygiraffe! I, too, am in that food-obsessed club. And the bread was indeed delicious. I made what my mom calls "Poor Man's Cake" for the people who do my hair. It's basically a spice cake with raisins, but it's almost as dense as a bread. They went nuts for it at the salon, which made me very happy. :) Now I want some for me, though, so I might make that, or a gingerbread, or maybe an apple dessert. Decisions, decisions.

Today:
Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks, orange
Pasta with spicy peanut sauce
Pretzels with hummus
Vodka lemonade (this is so delish)
Dinner will be roasted carrots, roasted rosemary potatoes, steamed spinach and a chickpea cutlet with dijon mustard. I'm also thinking of making mac 'n cheez for a side as well, but I probably should forgo that since I had pasta for lunch. :D
I also want hot chocolate. I want everything today! :D

Indulge ! We all have those kind of days, PTree.

Reactions: PTree15
Thanks for the welcome! I'm very happy to have found this place. I have already learnt not to read this thread when I'm hungry :rolleyes: I am drooling at the thought of the spice cakes with raisins and gingerbread.

I made a version of Nigella's Norwegian mountain loaf for lunch using soy milk - it was seedy and really dense. It only took an hour or so from start to finish and was delish. Need something sweet now though -I feel a batch of vegan mince pies coming on.

*googles Nigella's Norwegian mountain loaf* :D

Today's menu:
Raisin spice cake, tea
Seitan buffalo nuggets with vegan bleu cheez dressing
Mac n' cheese, spinach and roasted carrots

ETA: Ok, I have to make that loaf. Boy, does it sound hearty and tasty!

Mmm that raisin spice cake sounds sooo good right about now.

Yesterday, I made some rather poor food decisions. It was a sitting around watching tv type of day too.
Breakfast: english muffin sandwich with fried tofu and yves bacon + leftover pizza
Lunch: potato chips baked with daiya cheese and sriracha
Dinner: half a pizza. Oh, not half a slice. Half a PIZZA loaded with daiya mozza and pepperjack, yves pepperoni, shallots, greens, and nooch. The dough was from a can.

Mmm that raisin spice cake sounds sooo good right about now.

Yesterday, I made some rather poor food decisions. It was a sitting around watching tv type of day too.
Breakfast: english muffin sandwich with fried tofu and yves bacon + leftover pizza
Lunch: potato chips baked with daiya cheese and sriracha
Dinner: half a pizza. Oh, not half a slice. Half a PIZZA loaded with daiya mozza and pepperjack, yves pepperoni, shallots, greens, and nooch. The dough was from a can.
Lol, sounds like something's in the air this weekend. I am having a comfort food weekend, lol, instead of just a day. I will be working out like a maniac this week :D.

Breakfast -Quinoa porridge with prunes and raisins
Lunch -Marmite sandwich (on Nigella's mountain loaf LOL), fruit
Sweet treat -Mince pie
Dinner -Onion squash & beetroot risotto (my kids HATED it)
Pudding -Soya yoghurt with spirulina, banana and homemade granola

Reactions: mary1
Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks, banana with peanut butter
Hummus and carrots
Buffalo seitan nugget sandwich with red onions, green olives, Daiya cheddar shreds and bleu cheez dressing on a sub roll; tortilla chips
Almond milk mint hot chocolate

Chickpea tofu mashed up with some cashew cheese
A few slices of Mack's Flax bread with cashew cheese and hot sauce
Pancakes with apple syrup.

Its another junk food-y kind of day. At least the pancakes have flaxseed in them. hehehe

Fruit salad, iced coffee with almond milk
Spaghetti with marina sauce; salad of romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion topped with red-wine vinegar and olive oil; Italian bread
Buffalo seitan sandwich on a torpedo roll with Daiya cheddar shreds, black olives, red onion and bleu cheez dressing; roasted rosemary potatoes; vodka lemonade
Pumpkin cookies

Fruit salad, iced coffee with almond milk
Spaghetti with marina sauce; salad of romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion topped with red-wine vinegar and olive oil; Italian bread
Buffalo seitan sandwich on a torpedo roll with Daiya cheddar shreds, black olives, red onion and bleu cheez dressing; roasted rosemary potatoes; vodka lemonade
Pumpkin cookies
wow. that is all.

Cranberry bread, tea
Grilled Daiya sandwich on sprouted bread with green olives, onions and hot sauce; tortilla chips
Banana-chocolate-peanut butter smoothie
2 sugar cookies; 1 wine biscuit
I haven't eaten dinner, but I am thinking it will be a breakfast-for-dinner type night: pancakes and home fries. :D

B: Tofu scramble on toast. Cup of builder's tea.
L: I made chickpea burgers, roast potatoes, roast carrots and roast onions with peas, sweetcorn and green beans.

I'm so full up!:D

I'm going to lie down for a while and then have fresh fruit salad with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce and a vegan Baileys when I get back up.:lick:

Banana, vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
Tofu-veggie quiche with hot sauce
Daiya cheddar nachos (with kalamata olives, red onions, tomatoes and hot sauce)
Pumpkin cookies
Orange

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Ginger scone, orange, tea
Hummus and pretzels
Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks (I got a gift card for Christmas :D )
Banana
Chickpea cutlets with dijon mustard, roasted potatoes and carrots and cranberry sauce
A piece of blueberry dark chocolate
I want hot chocolate, but I am still full from dinner.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Status
Not open for further replies.