Today's Vegan Menu (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B - Coconut pancakes with maple syrup... I'm not sure that those two flavours really went well together...
L - quinoa with kale and savory TVP
D - seitan sushi

Reactions: PTree15
*Waves to TreeHugger!* Welcome back. :)
Hey, Mary, I'm very curious about the seitan sushi. Do you have a recipe you could share? Many thanks. :D

- Oats, chia seeds, almond milk, pb, walnuts, agave.
- Popchips
- wholegrain rice cakes with houmous. Nakd cocoa loco bar. Tomato & basil soup.
- dark chocolate soya yoghurt with granola
- chilli with cous cous & vegetables

Not sure what's for this evenings snacks.

:D
- Oats, chia seeds, almond milk, pb, walnuts, agave.
- Popchips
- wholegrain rice cakes with houmous. Nakd cocoa loco bar. Tomato & basil soup.
- dark chocolate soya yoghurt with granola
- chilli with cous cous & vegetables

Not sure what's for this evenings snacks.

I'm not too worried about you as you seem very well organised Raggle.

Reactions: mary1
Definitely a good thing! :) That's how I am with cucumbers. I have so much cucumber everyday; I just LOVE them. :)
Cucumbers rock so much. I love having them plain or dousing them with vinegar, salt, pepper and a bit of sugar and letting them sit overnight in the fridge. Heaven!

Today's menu:
Orange, banana, tea
Salad of spinach, broccoli, cucumbers, apples, walnuts, raisins, sunflower seeds and banana peppers topped with red-wine vinegar and olive oil
Dinner will be a plate of Thanksgiving Day leftovers: Chickpea cutlets, squash/apple casserole, mashed potatoes, turnips, green beans and cranberry sauce.
Cranberry apple pie or cranberry bread for dessert. I am in cranberry mode, lol.

There is a blizzard today so I can't go to the store :-( All the talk of cucumbers has made me want some!

Yesterday was a good day:
Breakast: fluffy pancakes with apple syrup!
Lunch: malaysian-style yellow curry noodles with spicy tofu, mushrooms and pea greens.
Dinner: mini sliders made with homemade buns and gardien beefless burger.

Yikes, Mary, hope the storm isn't too bad!
Pancakes...sliders...spicy tofu...I'm coming to your house! :D

Banana-peanut butter-chocolate smoothie
Pretzels with mustard
Salad of spinach, broccoli, shredded carrots, celery, cucumbers, banana peppers and black olives topped with olive oil and red-wine vinegar; orange
Dinner will be spaghetti with marinara sauce; garlic bread; small salad of lettuce, carrots and onions topped with homemade Italian dressing; red wine

Reactions: Everleigh
Today is weigh-in day (stayed the same, thank the maker), and sometimes I junk out on that day, to wit:
Cranberry bread with a touch of Earth balance, orange, tea
Curly, spicy french fries; banana with peanut butter (I know, weird, but I really wanted fries -- for like the last three days!)
Not sure about dinner. We have a work party tonight, so I know I will have a beer. The place where the party is does (I hope still) have a hummus plate, so I might get that.

Tomorrow it will be all veggies all the time, lol! (Well, maybe. It is the holidays and a time for a bit of splurging, right? ;) )

Last edited:
I'm new to the forum but I can already see that this thread is for me -I'm always taking photos of my food and I'm obsessed with what other people eat! Sad, I know.... Cranberry bread sounds delish, PT15.

Today I'm having porridge made with barley, wheatbran, oats, goji and a load of seeds. Rooty soup for lunch. Might make a Christmassy treat for afternoon tea -maybe some biscuits or cupcakes with Christmas spices. Dinner will be 3-bean chilli because my children will eat that without complaint!

:D
I'm new to the forum but I can already see that this thread is for me -I'm always taking photos of my food and I'm obsessed with what other people eat! Sad, I know.... Cranberry bread sounds delish, PT15.

Today I'm having porridge made with barley, wheatbran, oats, goji and a load of seeds. Rooty soup for lunch. Might make a Christmassy treat for afternoon tea -maybe some biscuits or cupcakes with Christmas spices. Dinner will be 3-bean chilli because my children will eat that without complaint!

Join the club. I guarantee that you will no longer feel alone.

Welcome, spottygiraffe! I, too, am in that food-obsessed club. And the bread was indeed delicious. I made what my mom calls "Poor Man's Cake" for the people who do my hair. It's basically a spice cake with raisins, but it's almost as dense as a bread. They went nuts for it at the salon, which made me very happy. :) Now I want some for me, though, so I might make that, or a gingerbread, or maybe an apple dessert. Decisions, decisions.

Today:
Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks, orange
Pasta with spicy peanut sauce
Pretzels with hummus
Vodka lemonade (this is so delish)
Dinner will be roasted carrots, roasted rosemary potatoes, steamed spinach and a chickpea cutlet with dijon mustard. I'm also thinking of making mac 'n cheez for a side as well, but I probably should forgo that since I had pasta for lunch. :D
I also want hot chocolate. I want everything today! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.