Today's Vegan Menu (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought an eggplant. I keep saying I need to make the eggplant balls again every time you mention them. I am going to go on record now as saying that is my intent for the eggplant in my veggie bin. Hold me to it, haha.
Lol, I am actually making eggplant balls tonight. :) I ended up having a black bean burger and more roasted potatoes :D

Today:
Brown rice cakes with peanut butter and raspberry jam, orange, tea
Leftover Chinese food (fried tofu with veggies and white rice)
Eggplant balls and spaghetti with a salad and possibly garlic bread

B - crumpets with marmite
L - salad and wholemeal pitta with humous, pombears and a clementine
S - some fruit shortcake biscuits
D - wholewheat couscous with mixed peppers, olives and sundried tomatoes
P - mixed berries and alpro cream

Reactions: hungryraccoon
B - crumpets with marmite
L - salad and wholemeal pitta with humous, pombears and a clementine
S - some fruit shortcake biscuits
D - wholewheat couscous with mixed peppers, olives and sundried tomatoes
P - mixed berries and alpro cream

I love crumpets and wish that I could get them overhere. I want some alpro cream too.:p

B- Hot cereal (oat bran, wheat farina, multigrain cereal, wheat germ) with raisins, chocolate PB, sunflower seeds, ground flax, chia seed, cinnamon, nutmeg and a splash of soymilk. Also a blend of mate chai and orange herbal tea
S- A McIntosh apple and some Garden of Life raw meal powder with water
L- Shredded romaine lettuce and carrot topped with a handful of pasta and red bell pepper, crimini mushrooms and onion, sauteed in salsa and eggplant hummus
D- Planned to make stew, but ended up going the easier route with some pasta

Reactions: PTree15
Almonds, orange, tea
Amy's pizza with Daiya cheese; salad of spinach, broccoli, raisins, chickpeas, banana peppers and walnuts topped with olive oil and red wine vinegar
Hummus and carrots; apple
Brown rice and black beans with fire-roasted tomatoes, corn, green peppers and tomato sauce
Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks (I need to get un-addicted to these, lol)

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Oats made with almond milk, chia seeds & some peanut butter. Green tea with lemon.
Coffee with hazelnut syrup
Tofu scramble with brussel sprouts, kale, peppers, mushrooms etc etc
Tomato soup, banana, apple.

Will probably still be hungry so maybe something else, like yoghurt or something chocolate themed.... :D

Reactions: PTree15
:dismay::weird: I wish I liked them. They are in everything. I've yet to find a decent brownish gravy that doesn't include them. :D

Mmmmmm mushrooms. It wasn't that long ago that I hated them too PTree15. I actually despised them....not sure what happened there, haha. Keep trying them in things maybe.

I actually don't mind them if they are all chopped up and mixed in with things, like a stuffing or something, but I despise them most of the time, since I was a kid :D.

B- Hot cereal and tea (a blend of two from Teavana, Sakura Allure green tea, and a black tea with lavender... Still not sold on the former, too reminiscent of cough syrup cherry)
S- A McIntosh apple and some Garden of Life raw meal powder with water
L- Veggie stew (potato, peas, carrot, celery onion, veggie broth, nutritional yeast, herbs and spices) with dumpling, since I never got around to it last night.
D- Work has been stressful and warranted overtime already this week, so my boyfriend said he will come over tonight and make us some Indian cuisine using his new cookbook. That's all I have for details at the moment.​

I am eating partly out of the freezer today, as I will be working a lot of hours.
Brown rice cakes with peanut butter and granola
Almonds, orange, tea
Black bean burger with onions, pickles, banana peppers and mustard; chips
Chickpea cutlets, roasted Brussels sprouts, baked potato with EB
Digestive wheat biscuits, tea

Yesterday:
B- Hot cereal and tea (a blend of two from Teavana, Sakura Allure green tea, and a black tea with lavender... Still not sold on the former, too reminiscent of cough syrup cherry)
L- Sauteed veggies (tomatoes, artichoke hearts, onion, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower) with eggplant hummus and whole wheat thin spaghetti over salad (baby romaine, tomatoes, onion, carrot, cucumber)
D- Homemade baked falafel in a toasted sesame wrap with eggplant hummus, spinach, tomato, cucumber and carrot
S- Sauteed baby bananas with cinnamon sugar

D- Hot cereal and tea
S- An apple and raw meal shake
L- Mini rotini with eggplant hummus, broccoli, sauteed onion, mushroom and red bell pepper and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast
D- I really want to make chili with cornbread dumplings, but I don't have a tried and true recipe. Not sure I want to improvise dinner after a stressful day at work and risk it being a failure.

Don't you ever get tired of hot cereal for breakfast?
Oddly, no. I mean, I do on occasion, but it seems to really agree with my belly first thing in the morning and keep me full a long time. Sometimes I make a vegan omelet if I am feeling sassy, or a tofu scramble. I have been known to make pancakes or waffles as well, but usually only if I have someone to share them with.

I have been sick with the flu for a couple of days, so I haven't eaten much.
Today I have had crackers, some wheat toast with EB and some almonds with chocolate and lots of tea.

I have been sick with the flu for a couple of days, so I haven't eaten much.
Today I have had crackers, some wheat toast with EB and some almonds with chocolate and lots of tea.
I hope you feel better soon! Keep drinking fluids; fever and excess mucus production dehydrate you. (((Hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.