Today's Vegan Menu (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been sick with the flu for a couple of days, so I haven't eaten much.
Today I have had crackers, some wheat toast with EB and some almonds with chocolate and lots of tea.

I hope you're feeling better. A nice bowl of homemade vegetable soup is comforting when you're poorly.:)

Reactions: PTree15
B- Hot cereal and tea
S- Apple and a raw meal shake
L- Leftover veggie chili and broccoli
D- I have some savoy cabbage, beets and carrot that need to be used. I might steam them, or just make some kind of cole slaw

B- Hot cereal and tea
L- Pasta with hummus, mushrooms, spinach, tomato paste (needed to be used up) and homemade eggplant polpette (that I have been meaning to make for months)
S- An apple
D- Leftover chili topped with cornbread-type batter, baked, then sprinkled with nutritional yeast. Also some raw green bell pepper on the side.
S- A cocoa banana soy milkshake

B - Green smoothie, spinach, banana and I saw that I have some frozen grapes in the freezer so I'm throwing them in too.
L - I'm having red lentils and veggies in a tomato and basil sauce with a toasted ciabatta. Nectarine.
D - Leftover Indian takeaway.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
B- Hot cereal and tea
S- An apple and a raw meal shake
L- Pasta with spinach artichoke hummus, butternut squash, crimini mushrooms, spinach, red bell pepper and homemade eggplant polpette
D- Roasted butternut squash, brown basmati rice, kidney beans, hummus, salsa, green bell pepper and spinach

Friday:
B- Hot cereal and tea
S- An apple
L- Pasta with spinach artichoke hummus, broccoli, crimini mushrooms, green bell pepper and eggplant meatballs
D- Dined out with friends, had some steamed edamame and for entree shared two things with my pescetarian friend. One was called Fruit of the Forest and consisted of many kinds of mushrooms in a brown sauce. The other was a spicy tofu hot pot, which consisted of fried tofu, mushrooms, cabbage and leeks in a spicy black bean sauce, served in a clay pot.

Yesterday:
B- Hot cereal and tea
L- Pasta with spinach artichoke hummus, spinach, crimini mushrooms, broccoli and some freshly made eggplant meatballs
S- I made a pumpkin version of the apple cinnamon tofu custard I have mentioned in the past. I had a small slice of that and a banana
D- My friend was coming over for dinner so I made some crockpot chili: diced tomatoes, kidney beans, hominy, winter squash, beet, turnip, carrot, onion, garlic and spices. We served it over baked potatoes

Today:
B- The rest of the tofu hot pot from Friday with the leftover brown rice from the restaurant.

Not sure yet about the rest of the day. Probably more leftovers from yesterday's cooking adventures

Oats made with almond milk, chia seeds, a tiny bit of peanut butter & blueberries. Green tea with lemon.
Apple, banana, cocoa orange Nakd bar.
Sweet potato, houmous, garlic kale & mushrooms, salad.
Apple pie Nakd bar.
Coffee. Coconut water.

I had sort of a brunch, as I slept in.
Blueberry pancakes, 1/2 grapefruit, tea
Might have some hummus and veggies this afternoon
Dinner will be tofu quiche filled with carrots, kale, onions, olives and Daiya cheddar shreds
I have apple cake for dessert. Probably will have some hot chocolate with it.

I made whole wheat/oat pancakes for breakfast with a granny smith apple (I decided to have it on the side, instead of cutting it up and mixing it in the batter)
Lunch will be leftover chili baked with a cornbread topping
For dinner I am planning a vegan mac and cheese using cauliflower as a base

I skipped breakfast because I was digging out my car for 2 1/2 hours.
I had the tofu quiche for lunch.
For dinner I will have buffalo seitan nuggets and maybe some baked fries. I am in total comfort food mode right now ;)
If I am feeling industrious, I might make chocolate peanut butter tunnel cake. If not there is always apple cake I can take out of the freezer.

I ended up not being home to cook at lunch and dinner time because I had the opportunity to sell some items I have had posted on craigslist. I had some salad with hummus and falafel for lunch and dinner, and for a snack between the two, I had some cranberry kombucha, and a vegan dark chocolate peanut butter cup

B: Chai tea and a banana nut muffin

L: Fried rice with stir fried kale, broccoli, soy sauce and Sriracha

D: A big bowl of stew with lentils, barley, split peas, chickpeas, kale, broccoli, potatoes and carrots

S: Cantaloupe and more chai tea

Hot cereal and tea
An apple and a raw meal shake
Chili (still trying to use up the massive amount I made) with baked potato
Vegan mac and cheese with a cauliflower-based sauce

Blueberry pancakes, tea
Half a grapefruit
Tofu quiche
Dinner will be one of the following: seitan tacos, spaghetti with eggplant balls, or soup of some kind, maybe black bean and kale.

B- Whole wheat/oat gingerbread pancake with banana, A couple mugs of Amadine Rose tea from Teavana
S - An apple and a raw meal shake
L- The last of the crockpot chili (finally) with a baked potato
D- Vegan New England clam chowder, made using a slight variation of this recipe, since I forgot to buy celery (finally found the mushrooms, forgot the celery >_<) and I don't have any wine: http://www.meettheshannons.net/2011/02/betty-crocker-project-vegan-new-england.html

Chocolate chip scone, tea
Grapefruit
I soon will be trying a slice of the chocolate peanut butter tunnel cake I made yesterday.
The last of the tofu quiche
Seitan stir-fry with broccoli, pea pods and spinach in a brown ginger sauce over jasmine rice

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I had some accident-chocolate cake for brekky (I intended to make cookies and put too much soy milk. hahah)
Falafel wrap for lunch. So delicious.
"Instant" Dinner of Sophie's vegan fish fillets, sambar and upma from dry mixes. Delish!

B- Hot cereal with banana and a couple mugs of Amadine Rose tea from Teavana
S - An apple and a raw meal shake
L- Roasted delicata squash stuffed with kasha, veggie sausage, onions, raisins and walnuts
D- Pasta with hummus, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, spinach and eggplant meatballs

Blueberry pancakes topped with leftover peanut butter glaze and maple syrup, tea
Orange
Seitan cheesesteak with caramelized onions
Chocolate blueberry smoothie
Spaghetti with eggplant balls; salad of spinach, red onion, olives, pickles, cucumbers, green pepper and chickpeas

Last night I got stuck at work so I had to buy dinner, which ended up being steamed Brussels sprouts, a big salad and some almonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.