Today's Vegan Menu (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually make a sauce. No clue how to make an actual, proper solid cheese. Haha.
That would work, too. It could be like an alfredo sauce. I do miss those, though not the subsequent tummy ache!

B: Oatmeal, soya milk, blueberry soya yogurt
L: Peanut butter sandwich, miso soup, lettuce leaves, (boiled) brussels sprouts
S: Apple + dark chocolate
D: To be decided

B- Hot cereal and coffee with almond cashew milk
L - Gardein beefless tips, potato, corn, zucchini, mushrooms, orange bell pepper, onion all diced and sauteed up together with some Mexican-style seasonings and a little vegan mayo
D- Gardein meatloaf with steamed cabbage, potato, parsnip and carrot

Reactions: PTree15
B: white rice (I usually eat whole grains but white rice cooks faster and this was breakfast) with lots of fresh parsley, diced tomatoes, garlic, and canola oil
L: veganized tacos with refried beans from the building eatery
snack: my whole wheat bread and water
D: ?

Espresso, banana with peanut butter

My boss took our department out for lunch today to celebrate the holiday. We went to a Mexican place, which didn't have too much on the menu for me, but I did manage to have rice and beans (both were accidentally vegan, yay!), tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa, and a couple of sweet potato wedges. The food was OK flavor-wise, but it lacked any real spice. Still, it was nice of my boss to do that. :)

Dinner was leftovers: pizza and a broccoli salad.
Dessert was a slice of cranberry bread.

Reactions: Tom L.
Breakfast - Toast with olive spread and Marmite.

Snack - Orange juice and a packet of crisps.

Lunch - Steamed broccoli, carrots and peas with stuffing and "chicken" gravy.

Dessert - Pineapple, banana, apple and grapes with chocolate Booja Booja ice cream.

Dinner - Not sure yet.:)

Reactions: PTree15 and Tom L.
B- Hot cereal and coffee
L- Gardein crabcakes, roasted potato, carrot and green peas
D- Steamed artichokes, zucchini noodles and mushrooms with marinara sauce topped with Follow Your Heart garden herb cheese

Last edited:
Tea with digestive wheat biscuits
Rice and black beans with hot sauce
Daiya cheddar slice with saltines
Spaghetti with Gardein meatballs (these were actually quite tasty. Lots of fennel!) and broccoli salad

Spaghetti with Gardein meatballs (these were actually quite tasty. Lots of fennel!)

I have a bag of the meatballs in my freezer but I have not tried them yet. I almost made a meatball sub for dinner, or had them with the zucchini noodles and sauce, but decided to devour the 3 small artichokes I bought on markdown instead. Maybe tomorrow. I have an eggplant, I bet they would pair nicely with that and some sauce.

I have a bag of the meatballs in my freezer but I have not tried them yet. I almost made a meatball sub for dinner, or had them with the zucchini noodles and sauce, but decided to devour the 3 small artichokes I bought on markdown instead. Maybe tomorrow. I have an eggplant, I bet they would pair nicely with that and some sauce.
I figured I would try them out. I saw them today at the store, and they hadn't been there previously. It was a nice surprise. They could use a little work on the texture (a bit chewy, but I did microwave them and they said on the package that the best way to prepare them was to drop them in frozen into some sauce and then heat the sauce). That said, I will definitely get them again. They were yummy with the spaghetti. Mmm, a sub with them sounds delicious. Maybe tomorrow. ;)

Reactions: ledboots
Toast with EB and peanut butter; tea
Buffalo seitan nuggets; Daiya cheddar with crackers
I'm on the fence about dinner. I should eat leftovers, but I'm not in the mood. I might make soup. I roasted an acorn squash yesterday, and that might make a nice soup.

Buffalo seitan nuggets

I never make my own seitan. It always seems like such a time consuming process that even days where I have time to kill, I don't want to invest more than half an hour into making a meal. It probably isn't nearly as bad as I work it up to be in my head.

Reactions: ledboots
- oats, chia seeds, oat milk, pb, blueberries, flaked almonds, 2 squares of dark chocolate & agave. Green tea.

- nut roast, roasted potatoes, parsnips, sprouts, carrots, green beans & gravy. Christmas pudding with diary free cream.

- satsumas

I never make my own seitan. It always seems like such a time consuming process that even days where I have time to kill, I don't want to invest more than half an hour into making a meal. It probably isn't nearly as bad as I work it up to be in my head.
It really isn't. You need about an hour and a half from start to finish. :) I love all the Gardein products, but when I'm making something like the nuggets, I like the homemade seitan because you can really season it the way you want.

ETA: It makes plenty, as well, enough for three or four meals.

It really isn't. You need about an hour and a half from start to finish. :) I love all the Gardein products, but when I'm making something like the nuggets, I like the homemade seitan because you can really season it the way you want.

ETA: It makes plenty, as well, enough for three or four meals.

I don't get Gardein products over here. However, there is also the price factor to take into consideration. Making your own seitan works out much cheaper. I just store mine in a container in the fridge. You can also freeze it but I find that a batch will last me roughly a week.

Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks, orange
Broccoli salad (with dried cranberries, walnuts, red onions and a tangy Vegenaise-based dressing); hummus and carrots
Dinner will be a buffalo seitan sandwich on a sub roll with Daiya cheddar and sauteed onions and peppers (I never tire of this sandwich!) and maybe some BBQ chips or tortilla chips.
I think I will make something chocolaty for dessert, maybe some vegan chocolate mousse or some brownies.

Banana with peanut butter, tea
Roasted acorn squash soup with crackers and some leftover steamed broccoli
Dinner will be at an Indian place with friends for an early New Year's celebration. :)

Breakfast: tofu "egg" sandwich, coffee

Snack: 1/2 banana

Three bean salad to which I added some green beans, decaf tea

Snacks:
Orange
1/2 banana
Hummus w/carrot sticks
(Mid day, between 2-4 pm, at work, is the worst for me with regard to the munchies)

Veggie burger, sans bun and steamed broccoli/cauliflower, decaf tea

Popcorn

No time for breakfast this morning. :D
Roasted acorn squash soup with oyster crackers; steamed broccoli
Hummus with carrots and celery
Dinner will be Gardein fishless filets with mashed potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts and steamed carrots
Not sure about snacks...maybe popcorn or Daiya cheddar with a few crackers

Status
Not open for further replies.