Today's Vegan Menu (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fudge?'i haven't had fudge in a decade. Is there vegan fudge?
There are a few recipes that I have tried, but I must admit I have yet to make one that comes close to the cruelty variety. Sometimes the flavor is great but the texture is off and vice versa. I am picky about my fudge. I don't care for the super sweet sugary and grainy variety; I much prefer a creamy and chocolatey variety. I just tried a piece and it is more sugary than I like, but it's edible. The recipe is from The Joy of Vegan Baking.

I made a vegan chocolate/peanut butter fudge when I first went veg that was really good, taste and texture. I'm pretty sure it was a recipe posted by tofu n sprouts.

Reactions: PTree15
^^^I will have to try that. I loooove peanut butter and chocolate together.

Yesterday:
Fudge and tea
Pasta e fagiole and crackers
Apple
Buffalo beefless tenders (Gardein) sandwich with sauteed peppers and onions and a slice of Daiya cheddar on a sub roll
Chocolate-covered almonds

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Iced coffee with soy milk
Black bean burger on a Kaiser roll with lettuce, red onion, tomatoes, pickles and spicy mustard; chia seed tortilla chips with hummus
Dinner will be pasta with sauteed onions and green peppers with garlic and olive oil.

- Oats, chia seeds, pea protein, almond milk, pb, blueberries, walnuts & choc shot sauce.

- Nakd fruit salad nibbles. Banana.

- Ryvitas with tesco soya medium 'cheese' & cucumber.

- Pasta with garlic & chilli broccoli, mushrooms & olives.

- Alpro dark chocolate yoghurt with mango & 2 crushed lotus biscuits.

^^^I will have to try that. I loooove peanut butter and chocolate together.

Yesterday:
Fudge and tea
Pasta e fagiole and crackers
Apple
Buffalo beefless tenders (Gardein) sandwich with sauteed peppers and onions and a slice of Daiya cheddar on a sub roll
Chocolate-covered almonds
Chocolate covered almonds! They sound good.

Chocolate covered almonds! They sound good.
They are great. They are rolled in sea salt. I get them at Trader Joe's. :D Also, the supermarket has a variety that is accidentally vegan. :D

Mmm, want :)

Just had a little search online & can't seem to find any in the UK!

Mmm, want :)

Just had a little search online & can't seem to find any in the UK!
Boooooo, that stinks! Hmm, maybe I could pick some up for you and send them to you. :) I will be making another Trader Joe's run in the next few weeks, so let me know.

Today's menu:
Orange, vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
A leftovers sandwich on a Kaiser roll made with: chickpea salad, sauteed onions and green peppers, hummus, tomatoes, pickles and lettuce (what a delicious sandwich!).
I'm not sure about dinner. Originally, I was supposed to meet friends for dinner at a pizza place (which has vegan crust, yahoo), but I may have to work late. If it's not too late, a work colleague and I may be headed out for Chinese food, otherwise, I will whip up something good at home (possibly something with seitan).

Boooooo, that stinks! Hmm, maybe I could pick some up for you and send them to you. :) I will be making another Trader Joe's run in the next few weeks, so let me know.

Today's menu:
Orange, vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
A leftovers sandwich on a Kaiser roll made with: chickpea salad, sauteed onions and green peppers, hummus, tomatoes, pickles and lettuce (what a delicious sandwich!).
I'm not sure about dinner. Originally, I was supposed to meet friends for dinner at a pizza place (which has vegan crust, yahoo), but I may have to work late. If it's not too late, a work colleague and I may be headed out for Chinese food, otherwise, I will whip up something good at home (possibly something with seitan).
That is so lovely of you to suggest :D couldn't let you do that though. However, maybe we could do a little swap in the future!

That is so lovely of you to suggest :D couldn't let you do that though. However, maybe we could do a little swap in the future!
Oh, most definitely (but really, I wouldn't mind sending them to you. They are so good!).

Oh, most definitely (but really, I wouldn't mind sending them to you. They are so good!).
PTree, you are too kind! But yes, let me know if you'd like to do that.. That would be super exciting. :)

Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks, banana

Tacos made with flour tortillas, refried beans, soy crumbles, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and guacamole (my department had Taco Tuesday at work today -- yum!!) with a side of tortilla chips and salsa

Gardein chik'n tenders dipped in buffalo sauce, with mashed potatoes, broccoli (left over from my Chinese takeout, the dinner that keeps on giving :) ) and homemade applesauce.

And it was finally cold enough to have some hot chocolate, so I did (soy milk and cocoa powder and a bit of sugar with Dandies marshmallows on top).

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Toast with EB, peanut butter and blueberry jam, tea
Banana, orange
Refried bean burrito with salsa, Daiya mozzarella, onions and hot sauce
Dinner will be homemade seitan strips, mashed potatoes with brown gravy (made from a powder mix I have wanted to try) and steamed peas.

Status
Not open for further replies.