Today's Vegan Menu (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refried bean burrito with Daiya mozzarella, green olives, red onions and hot sauce; chia seed corn chips (pretty tasty!) and salsa
Iced coffee with soy milk, orange
Dinner will be a repeat of last night: homemade seitan strips, mashed potatoes with brown gravy (made from a powder mix I have wanted to try) and steamed peas, though I think I might add a small salad with oil and balsamic vinegar. I'm craving greens.

Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks, banana with peanut butter
Leftover Chinese food: Tofu teriyaki with jasmine rice, carrots and broccoli; salad of spinach, arugula, carrots and black olives tossed with olive oil and red-wine vinegar
Dinner will be buffalo seitan quesadillas made with Daiya mozzarella, green olives and onions; tortilla chips and salsa.
It's cold enough again for hot chocolate, so I think I will have some for dessert.

Iced coffee with soy milk, banana with peanut butter
Black bean burger on a Kaiser roll with romaine lettuce, red onions, banana peppers, sliced tomato and mustard and ketchup; spicy tortilla chips
Dinner will be veggie pot pie (broccoli, peas and carrots) and a salad with Italian dressing.
Dessert will be the last of my apple pie with either tea or hot chocolate.

Iced coffee with soy milk, grapefruit
Potato, kale and black bean soup; veggie pot pie
Dinner will be a seitan stir-fry, I think, with onions, peppers and pea pods. I may skip the rice because my lunch is pretty carb-heavy. :D
Dessert will be apple cake with tea. I found a piece in the freezer. :)

Reactions: hungryraccoon
- Oats, chia seeds, pea protein, pb, blueberries & choc shot sauce.

- Chocolate oat milk, nakd bar

- Tomato & lentil soup, falafel, houmous & salad.

- Bran flakes with oat milk, banana

- Baked potato, vitalite, vegetable bake & mixed salad.

Reactions: PTree15
Iced coffee with soy milk, grapefruit
Potato, kale and black bean soup; veggie pot pie
Dinner will be a seitan stir-fry, I think, with onions, peppers and pea pods. I may skip the rice because my lunch is pretty carb-heavy. :D
Dessert will be apple cake with tea. I found a piece in the freezer. :)

I like that when that happens - finding a goodie at the back of the freezer.:D

Reactions: ledboots
It was such a surprise, shyvas. :) And it was big enough to be two servings, so I still have a little piece left. :)
Today's menu will be as follows:
I'm going to try another homemade latte this morning, and have the rest of the cake with it along with half a grapefruit.
Lunch will be potato, kale and black bean soup with a small salad of greens, carrots and walnuts.
Dinner will be zuchini cakes with tartar sauce, steamed broccoli and mashed turnips

I got a vegan burrito at my building's restaurant/deli: some white rice, garbanzo beans, black olives, sautéed peppers and onions, black beans... and oh crap- I just remembered the onions tasted somewhat buttery... I hadn't asked what they were cooked in. I'll either ask next time or leave them out.

Dinner was DEFINITELY vegan, and good: my own whole wheat bread, steamed fresh collards from the farmer's market last Saturday, and some "Just Mayo" on the bread. Kind of strange, but healthy- and it hit the spot- I was in the mood for it.

Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks, grapes
Potato, black bean and kale soup; salad of mixed greens, carrots, cucumbers, red onions, walnuts, green olives and pepperoncini topped with Italian dressing
Dinner will be Gardein fishless filets with homemade tartar sauce, steamed green beans and steamed carrots.

ETA: I also decided I wanted potato latkes (my first attempt). They were a bit chewier than I liked, but they sure tasted good!

Last edited:
Breakfast - Toast with olive spread and Marmite, cup of ginger and lemon tea.

Snack - Banana and a cup of coffee.

Lunch - Chana Masala, hot green bean and vegetable curry with basmati rice and beer. I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner, it depends how late lunch is and how much I eat.;)

Mmmm, Chana Masala!
Today:
Iced coffee with soy creamer, orange
Potato latkes with Daiya cheddar on top and a salad of romaine lettuce, green peppers, onions, carrots, cucumbers and green olives topped with Italian dressing
I'm not sure what I am having for dinner, either, as I will hopefully make another dent in the Christmas shopping. I may splurge and eat out, possibly at a Chinese place, or at my fave vegan place, to which I haven't been in a while. :D

Hot cereal and pumpkin spice coffee with almond/cashew milk
Gardein meatloaf, boiled turnip and peas with gravy
Steamed veggies with Thai peanut sauce

I was so busy today that I never ate breakfast or lunch. I made up for it at dinner, though, when my sister and I met for Chinese food: I had tofu in a ginger sesame sauce along with veggies, plus a veggie roll (cucumber, avocado and carrot). Delicious.

Iced coffee with soymilk, banana with peanut butter
Leftover tofu and veggies in a sesame ginger sauce, jasmine rice
Dinner will be potato latkes topped with Daiya cheddar, steamed green beans, and a broccoli salad made with walnuts, dried cranberries and carrots topped with a tangy dressing (which I haven't made yet, lol).

- Oats, chia seeds, pea protein, almond milk, pb, walnuts, blueberries & agave.

- Carton of alpro chocolate soy milk

- Mixed salad with spicy dressing, tofu pieces & houmous.

- Jelly tots. Satsuma

- Pasta with cashew cheese sauce

- probably fruit & yoghurt for snack

Banana with peanut butter, tea

Iced coffee with almond milk

Grilled seitan sandwich on a sub roll with sauteed green peppers, caramelized onions, Daiya cheddar and spaghetti sauce. (This was delicious! I have been using the Post-Punk Kitchen seitan recipe, which is much more tender than the one I use for buffalo nuggets. It is so good in a sandwich.)

Not sure what dinner will be. It depends on when I get out of work (it's our busy week). If it's super late, I might just have toast with EB and jam, but if I get home at a reasonable hour, I might do chickpea cutlets (in the freezer at the moment), broccoli salad and steamed green beans.

- Oats, chia seeds, pea protein, almond milk, pb, walnuts, blueberries & agave. Strawberry & mango tea.

- Mixed salad with bulgur & humous.

- Almond milk mocha (made with choc shot) & Nairns dark choc oat biscuits.

- Baked potato, beans, salad & cashew cheese.

- Banana, satsuma.

I really need to try making cashew cheese. I bought some raw cashews but haven't done anything with them yet. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.