Today's Vegan Menu (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black coffee
Buffalo tofu and roasted veggies (beets, Brussels sprouts and butternut squash) over a bed of greens (spinach, arugula and kale); white bean soup
Dinner will be Gardein crabless cakes with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and cranberry sauce.
If I have dessert, it will likely be something with apples, maybe baked with a little cinnamon/sugar mix on top.

^^^Whoa- I read the beginning of your entry in the "Recent Posts" area, and it initially sounded like tofu flavored with black coffee and Buffalo-chicken-wing-style seasoning...

I'm not sure I'm a diehard enough tofu fan to handle that. And I LOVE me some tofu, although I make a point not to live on it. (It's got me thinking, though...) :D

(And glad to see you posting, Ledboots)

^^^You are too funny, Tom!

I'm starting off with black coffee again, hehe
Banana with peanut butter
Potato pancakes with a salad of mixed greens, carrots, beets, black olives, tomatoes, broccoli and onions topped with red wine vinegar and olive oil
Dinner will be a doctored-up Amy's vegan pizza with added Daiya cheddar shreds and black olives. And maybe a beer. I'm in the mood for one tonight.
Some kind of fruit for dessert, either grapes, an apple or some blueberries.

Banana with peanut butter
Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
Pistachios
Tofu quiche topped with a little hot sauce; apple
Dinner will be leftover Aloo Gobi over jasmine rice. Mmmmm.
I'm in the mood for popcorn, so I will have that for a snack tonight, I think.

Peanut butter and crackers; orange
Savory (mangled) muffins (see Can Anybody Help thread, lol) made with chickpea flour, Daiya cheddar, tempeh bacon (which came out pretty tasty, I must say) and broccoli
Tofu quiche with a salad of mixed greens and balsamic vinaigrette

Peanut butter and banana, black coffee
Roasted veggies (Brussels sprouts, butternut squash and beets) with roasted apples, shredded carrots and red cabbage
Dinner will be a grilled Daiya and tempeh bacon sandwich with onions and green olives.

Trail mix, black coffee
Spaghetti with eggplant balls, slice of Italian bread with EB
Peanut butter and crackers
Dinner will be something with seitan, either buffalo nuggets with a salad or grilled seitan with gravy, mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach.
Fruit for dessert, likely a baked apple with a bit of cinnamon.

B - Peppermint tea and a banana. Mashed avocado and tomatoes on buttered toast.
L - Cheeze and crackers. Salad with dressing.

It all went downhill from there :D - 2 glasses of homemade vegan Baileys, OMG, it was so delicious! Now I'm having a glass of wine.

I was going to make vegan sausages, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots, stuffing and gravy for dinner.:cool:

Two halo oranges, black coffee
Leftover Hung Shu Tofu (from a Chinese place near my parents' house :) )
Tonight I want to make more seitan, as I finished up last week's batch last night. I think I will make it grilled again and have it with roasted Brussels sprouts and a baked potato.
Peanut butter balls for dessert. (Though I have to coat them with the chocolate first, haha.)

Reactions: Val
Two halo oranges, black coffee
Leftover Hung Shu Tofu (from a Chinese place near my parents' house :) )
Tonight I want to make more seitan, as I finished up last week's batch last night. I think I will make it grilled again and have it with roasted Brussels sprouts and a baked potato.
Peanut butter balls for dessert. (Though I have to coat them with the chocolate first, haha.)

PB balls, are they like truffles ?

PB balls, are they like truffles ?
Sort of. It's peanut butter mixed with powdered sugar, a little bit of EB, coconut flakes and Rice Krispies (vegan version) cereal. You roll them into 1-inch balls and refrigerate overnight, then you coat them with chocolate. I use the Girardhelli semisweet morsels (I still have some non-dairy ones) and add a bit of coconut oil to thin out the chocolate a bit, plus it helps with the hardening of the chocolate. I've yet to find vegan versions of the melting chocolate used for candy-making.

Sort of. It's peanut butter mixed with powdered sugar, a little bit of EB, coconut flakes and Rice Krispies (vegan version) cereal. You roll them into 1-inch balls and refrigerate overnight, then you coat them with chocolate. I use the Girardhelli semisweet morsels (I still have some non-dairy ones) and add a bit of coconut oil to thin out the chocolate a bit, plus it helps with the hardening of the chocolate. I've yet to find vegan versions of the melting chocolate used for candy-making.

I make energy bars using a similar method. However, I don't use sugar and add some date paste.

PT, have you seen my post in the Woman's chat room as I have some good news ?

I make energy bars using a similar method. However, I don't use sugar and add some date paste.

I have not, but I will go over there.

I would like to make energy bars. I think homemade would taste so much better than the store-bought ones.

Peanut butter and crackers, vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
The last of the Hung Shu Tofu and an orange
Dinner will be grilled seitan with caramelized onions and vegan gravy, mashed potatoes and roasted carrots.
Dessert will be grapes, I think, unless I hit the peanut butter balls again, haha. I am trying to save most of them for a work party tomorrow. :D

Banana, apple, black coffee
Seitan sandwich on a roll with lettuce, spinach, red onion, pickles, tomato and sriracha-infused Vegenaise; pretzels
Dinner will be tofu quiche from the freezer because I have some shopping and cooking to do after work tonight.
Peanut butter balls for dessert. :)

Black coffee, orange, apple
Lunch is on the boss today, woot woot. We are going to an Asian-fusion place, so I see peanut-avocado rolls in my future. :)
Dinner will be a buffalo seitan sandwich on ciabatta bread with sauteed spinach, caramelized onions, green olives and Daiya cheddar shreds.
Dessert will be a piece of chocolate with caramel and nuts. One of my friends gave me vegan chocolates for Christmas! I am a lucky girl. :)

Reactions: Liiv Linen
Black coffee, orange, apple
Lunch is on the boss today, woot woot. We are going to an Asian-fusion place, so I see peanut-avocado rolls in my future. :)
Dinner will be a buffalo seitan sandwich on ciabatta bread with sauteed spinach, caramelized onions, green olives and Daiya cheddar shreds.
Dessert will be a piece of chocolate with caramel and nuts. One of my friends gave me vegan chocolates for Christmas! I am a lucky girl. :)

You have such nice meals all the time!:master:

Reactions: Liiv Linen
Status
Not open for further replies.