Unpopular Opinions Society

As in, that horrible patterned wallpaper? I hate that too.

I just saw this, yes, the nasty patterned stuff. Why oh why.

It seems like quite a few people selling their houses online have quite large dolls that they have sitting on chairs. I assume some of these people have children but do parents usually have dolls sitting on a sofa or chair in the living room or conservatory? Why wouldn't they put them away when they were having photos taken of their house. It's really weird and creepy.:D

I don't know if it's something specific to the Essex area or if this practice goes on across the UK.:hmm:

I always wondered how it felt to ride on the coat tails of someone else's success.
I never wanted to ride someone's coat tails. However I've always thought I would have done well as a rich ne'er do well, living off a trust fund or inheritance and contributing absolutely nothing worthwhile to society.

I think I could have really shone in that role. sigh....

Last edited:
Reactions: ledboots
did you know you keep quoting people without posting anything?
For some reason (for me) the box where I reply has been taking a long time to load for the last few days (for instance this time it took 7 minutes). I've been finding it's quicker for me to hit [reply] then [reply to thread] which posts the quote, and then edit in my actual reply.
You've most likely been reading my posts while I was in the midst of editing.

Disclaimer: A few days ago I may have posted a few lone quotes without knowing I did so (I was impatient waiting for the reply box to show up and tried punched things in order to get some reaction)

I've been looking for a new house online and why do people in England think that a flowery or patterned feature wall looks good. It's hideous.:D
Years ago I helped clean up a house where a friend's father-in-law had committed suicide.

Almost every wall in the house was covered with purple flocked wall paper (raised royal purple fuzzy flower shapes), there was also a bedroom set made of fake plastic wood with matching purple velvet inlays, along with purple velvet drapes on all the windows. To top it all the entire house was carpeted in a bright orange shag rug.

I've always felt that even though the man, until his suicide, had shown no outward signs of mental illness, the choices made in decorating showed he had mental problems.

^ Maybe he was a big fan of the 1970's.

I am really into minimalism at the moment and we had workmen at our house before Christmas and one man asked if we had just moved in as we have so little stuff. :p

I hate Daylight Savings Time. My least favorite time of year. I don't need the extra hour at the end of the day. The weather doesn't even necessitate it yet, either. I'm a morning person. I hate dark mornings. At the very least they should wait a month and have DST mid to end April. I'm so mad.

I hate Daylight Savings Time. My least favorite time of year. I don't need the extra hour at the end of the day. The weather doesn't even necessitate it yet, either. I'm a morning person. I hate dark mornings. At the very least they should wait a month and have DST mid to end April. I'm so mad.
I don't like it either. (Though for quite different reasons).

Screws up figuring out the times in different time zones, and countries. Causes problems when trying to know what time it is in different US states as some of them don't use it. Overall just a bad idea.

I think that the way that it should be implemented is for the Government to change their worker's starting times up and down an hour as needed.

While civilian businesses wouldn't have to follow the government schedule I believe most of them would do so anyway for the benefit of their employees and customers, as to not do so would cause conflicts with the change in time of children going to school, college schedules, using the DMV, etc.

--William Willett sucks

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52
Humankind's DNA in 100 years: Non-existent, because we are all one as part of an AI in a massive wandering spaceship.
Yes, but seeing as the entire universe is actually a spit bubble being blown by a baby this all becomes non-consequential.

If it is twelve-dimensional and sixteen quintillion years old, can we really call it a baby?
As the sequential relation and linearity of time is only in our mind's interpretation of it, it stands to reason that all states of being exist at once. Therefore the answer is a resounding yes and no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Second Summer
I dislike it when other people discuss whether to feed a companion animal vegan or not as if other animals aren't required to be slaughtered. Like their lives don't matter because they are not a dog or cat. It bothers me that most people choose to gloss over that fact and say, yeah, just feed them meat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom L.
Rat tails are actually pretty soft. They have really fine fur on them. But I am biased, because I used to have rats.
Jumping spiders are my favorite spider.

I don't know how unpopular this is: I don't like dark chocolate.

I don't like dark chocolate either. A lot of my friends do, and so do my family members. They all think that I'm crazy!

Dark chocolate is okay, but I prefer milky. Vegan milky. :)
Go Max Go, Premium Chocolatiers