Unpopular Opinions Society

I don't mind dark chocolate, luckily, but I preferred Milk Chocolate. Hershey was always my favorite. Some dark chocolates are pretty good. Trader Joe's has some good ones.

I don't really like chocolate tbh.
I like chocolate with stuff in (Frys orange creme, turkish delight etc), or chocolate flavoured things (cake, pie, mousse etc). but would never just eat a bar of chocolate. I also have never had hot chocolate and not found it really disappointing.

I'll chime in with an ambivalent opinion: I like chocolate, but probably wouldn't miss it all that much if I couldn't have it. Life without chocolate chip cookies and brownies is doable so long as I can have fruit pie. And moist vegan fruitcake as dense as matter from a neutron star...

(Oops... A local radio talk show host said she HATES the word "moist" and pointed out that so do many other people. So I posted an unpopular opinion after all....):devil:

A thought: maybe that's one reason so many people hate fruitcake. Although, of course, that fact that it lasts long enough to be passed around for several consecutive holiday seasons and can be used as a door stop or speed bump might also have something to do with it...

I don't really like chocolate tbh.
I like chocolate with stuff in (Frys orange creme, turkish delight etc), or chocolate flavoured things (cake, pie, mousse etc). but would never just eat a bar of chocolate. I also have never had hot chocolate and not found it really disappointing.

I know this is the unpopular opinions thread, but the bolded is just too out there to be believed.

[emoji6]

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I'll chime in with an ambivalent opinion: I like chocolate, but probably wouldn't miss it all that much if I couldn't have it. Life without chocolate chip cookies and brownies is doable so long as I can have fruit pie. And moist vegan fruitcake as dense as matter from a neutron star...

(Oops... A local radio talk show host said she HATES the word "moist" and pointed out that so do many other people. So I posted an unpopular opinion after all....):devil:

A thought: maybe that's one reason so many people hate fruitcake. Although, of course, that fact that it lasts long enough to be passed around for several consecutive holiday seasons and can be used as a door stop or speed bump might also have something to do with it...
The best fruitcake I ever had was by Entennman's. It was so dense and filled with candied fruit...you almost couldn't find the cake in it. I never see it in the stores anymore...not sure they still make it. It's not vegan so it doesn't really matter. :(

The best fruitcake I ever had was by Entennman's.

I used to like their chocolate fudge cake.:drool:

I remember about 10 years ago I had a piece of chocolate cake in a Greek or Turkish cafe in North London and I think it was the best chocolate cake I've ever tasted. I can still imagine what it tasted like now.:lick:

I don't think anyone who makes money from killing animals should call themselves vegan. Other not vegan friendly jobs I understand (restaurant, grocery store, clothes store, etc), but if you are putting a knife to their throat, that is completely different. No one can make anyone take a life, the fact that they are willing to take lives for a pay check when they are supposed to be against it is mind boggling.

Last edited:
I think people who decorate their houses with electric lights for the holidays do the planet a disservice.
You are probably right. I never thought about that aspect of it but I do love seeing the lights on my ride home from work every night during the holiday season.

It makes it harder to see the stars too, which is really a better lightshow.
I confess to loving the holiday lights, but I also love the night sky. When I lived in Philly, I really missed stargazing. There was always so much artificial light blocking the night sky. Now I can drive a couple of miles and find nice spot for gazing. There is supposed to be a really good meteor shower show on Sunday. The Geminids. I will be at my folks' house Sunday night, though, so I'm not sure I will get a chance to gaze. My favorite place to gaze is at the beach in the winter. There aren't many lights around, so when the sky is clear, it is spectacular.

Reactions: ledboots