Health Issues Urine therapy

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right board. Some say urine therapy doesn't work, while others have said it's a miracle cure that has cured people of many illnesses. Has anyone tried it(success or failure)?

Drinking your own urine, and you can use it externally as well. I'm reading a book on the subject now that is very positive.

Go for it.
My health hasn't been doing well lately so it's something I'm looking into. The medical industry can't make much money off of it, so there's logical reasons why we wouldn't hear about it even if it's very healthy.

I heard that if you're stranded somewhere without water, you're better off drinking nothing than drinking your wee.

I doubt you'll hurt yourself but gross man. What's the thinking behind it? Why would it be beneficial?

Makes no sense to me. Your body is getting rid of it for a reason, surely? It's just going to have to go through your kidneys all over again...

Reactions: Tom L.
I heard that if you're stranded somewhere without water, you're better off drinking nothing than drinking your wee.

I doubt you'll hurt yourself but gross man. What's the thinking behind it? Why would it be beneficial?

My science teacher in secondary school was a fan of "urine therapy" and tried to get us to do it for homework - I'm not joking.

Her reasoning was that the body excretes leftover minerals and vitamins in the urine in the morning, leaving us without enough for the rest of the day. So she advocated only drinking the first wee of the morning. You'd think she would have realised that even if beneficial minerals are lost in urine, so is a lot of urea and other things that you need to get OUT of your body.

Makes no sense to me. Your body is getting rid of it for a reason, surely? It's just going to have to go through your kidneys all over again...

Seems like it might do some harm to your kidneys to have to filter concentrated waste.

Although, I have heard if you have athletes foot, you can pee on your feet in the shower to kill it. I have no idea if it actually works. :shrug:

Yep, you're supposed to filter it if you plan to drink it.

RF in the future

handover.jpg

I think having a nice glass of filtered water is the best option for kidneys. Not urine.

I wouldn't drink my own **** if my life depended on it. Which, btw, it doesn't. It's called "waste" for a reason. That reason is, it's waste. But hey, you wanna be gross, go for it.